IGNORED

Burlington Ontario 5th Annual M&E 2016

saddlebum

Once again on January 9th 2016 , I would like to put together a Meet and Eat here in Burlington Ontario, making this the 5th annual meet and eat. As in previous years this is the weekend of the NORTH AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE SUPER SHOW, which is a three day event here in Toronto Ontario SUPERSHOW - North America's Largest Motorcycle Show .

The place I have in mind will again be at TUCKERS MARKET PLACE in Burlington Ontario. Burlington | Tuckers Marketplace Restaurant . Which is about 25 minutes from the motorcycle show.

In the past we have had between 25 and 30 members attend, and a great time was had by all. I would love to see a similar or bigger size group again to kick off the year of 2016. For you American members the exchange rate on the dollar makes it one of the best times for you to come up and enjoy some Canadian hospitality. Spend the day at the motorcycle show then come to Tuckers, for a great all you can eat Buffet dinner with friends and fellow VR riders. So make sure your passports are currant and come on up.

My plan is to set reservations somewhere between 6:00 & 6:30 PM. I try to take into account that not everyone lives right around the corner but also that some will either be at the bike show or have to work and need a bit of time to get there. Also please don't forget to go to the calendar and RSVP so that I can get a reasonable head count. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=461&day=2016-1-9&redirect=1

Also I Always book a few extra seats just in case, to accommodate those who for one reason or another are unable to decide until the last minute but it helps to try to get as accurate a head count as possible.

That includes counting those without a head on their shoulders as well :banana:

Edited by saddlebum

Don't know,,, just don't know,,,,, I'll check my passport to make sure it is up to date,,,,, it's quite a distance,,, best make sure the tank is full, get an oil change, check the coolant, tire pressures, tread life, air-conditioner, heater, reservations at the hotel, schedule replacement help, get a baby sitter,,, soooo much to do,,, when is it?

Don't know,,, just don't know,,,,, I'll check my passport to make sure it is up to date,,,,, it's quite a distance,,, best make sure the tank is full, get an oil change, check the coolant, tire pressures, tread life, air-conditioner, heater, reservations at the hotel, schedule replacement help, get a baby sitter,,, soooo much to do,,, when is it?
I am not sure what to do about the othe other issues but I think I can help with the AC ..... I may be able to install a 4/60 unit for you at absolutely no cost. A dutchmans dream if I say so my self.

Hey Carl

Don't know if I can recommend that 4/60 unit Ben's offering you?!

But I did have and loved it a lot.....a 2/80 unit......Datsun / Nissan was real smart about it as well, advertised it right there on the back of the car......

"Datsun 280 ZX" :hihi:

Hey guys, I'm Dutch by decent,,,, you got my interest,,, NO CHARGE????? WOW!!!!,,,,, oh, wait a minute,,,, an AC unit,, not charged???? been there, done that!!! Thanks Ben, But now I am interested,,, will it fit on the Spyder?
Sorry , no , it is designed for cages only. However I have an experimental version for the spider, its called a nov/march unit . . . Namely cause I can't seem to get it to work beyond Mar for some reason. :think: I may have to get together with fool and borrow some ideas from his snow machine technology.:detective:

• 3 weeks later...

The Burlington Ontario 5th Annual M&E 2016, is only a month away. So if you plan on coming please go to the calendar http://www.venturerider.org/forum/ca...1-9&redirect=1 and RSVP so I can get a head count for reservations. We have had a great turn out every year so far so lets have another good Venture rider and friends turn out this year and ring in the new year VR style.:group cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Mike sorry to hear it's not going to work out for you and Tammie making it to Dinner. :95:

Are you going to be working the Bike Show on Friday? I think that is the day I'm going to the show.

Hi Dave,

Yes I am working the bike show on the Friday, but we have to run our daughter back to Peterborough on Saturday, she has to work at the Petes game that night and school starts on the Monday.

Won't seem right not being at the dinner, but life does get in the way at times.

Like Dogman, I have been off the site for a while, but not for lack of interest or enthusiasm. In fact, rode right up to Christmas day. My hope was to get to the Bike Show on Friday, as I have every year, but that is now changed due to my dad's situation. Instead, hope to go Saturday and in any event, Anne and I are looking forward to this 5th annual meat and eat.

Nice job Ben, thanks for setting it up,,, now next time you should appoint a runner up to guide things when we get there,,,, you just can't imagine how confusing things get when there are a bunch of hungry VentureRiders, food, beer, and no one to set the pace so to speak. That's almost as bad as having a whole line up of scoots and no way to ride them.

Thanks to everyone who were able to make it, as always it was a pleasure to see everyone there :banana: . I apologize for not being there in time to greet everyone as they arrived, pretty much being one of the last to show up. It was my intention to get there ahead of everyone but sadly I miscalculated my timing and ability to find a parking spot. However it was great to see everyone, a great way to kick off the new year and I believe we all had a great time. To the lady's, my wife Marita who tends to be a bit shy at times really enjoyed your company. Its hard to get her to relate to many of my friends but for some unknown reason she always enjoys the company of the venture riders. go figure :think:

Well here's to a great and safe up and coming riding season :beer:and looking forward to doing it again next year.