IGNORED

Anyone intrested in Tahlamena drive ride this fall?

Saddle tramp

It is awesome,never ever saw so many bikes.I got tired of waving.If you live in the southwest this is worthy of consideration.It is a fantastic ride between Tahlahina ok. and Mena Ark. Just search it,I did it in 2008 and loved it.Fantastic scenery it is breathtaking.October is best,I hope I can make it this year.The highway is fantastic,but the traffic screwed things up.So much awesome views I missed,I had to steer.Plenty of places to stay,Ft. Smith is not far off.I did Tulsa to Tulsa in 08 in 12 hours.Best ride ever in 39 years at that time.Still have not surpassed it.It is worth going on I promise,I will never forget my pass.If you can make it,you will not regret it.But like I said October is best by far.

It is awesome,never ever saw so many bikes.I got tired of waving.If you live in the southwest this is worthy of consideration.It is a fantastic ride between Tahlahina ok. and Mena Ark. Just search it,I did it in 2008 and loved it.Fantastic scenery it is breathtaking.October is best,I hope I can make it this year.The highway is fantastic,but the traffic screwed things up.So much awesome views I missed,I had to steer.Plenty of places to stay,Ft. Smith is not far off.I did Tulsa to Tulsa in 08 in 12 hours.Best ride ever in 39 years at that time.Still have not surpassed it.It is worth going on I promise,I will never forget my pass.If you can make it,you will not regret it.But like I said October is best by far.

On oct 21-25 our cma is having a national changing of the colors there in hatfield.Of course we always spend lots of time on the tahlahina trail.Been there 5 times,its beautiful.There will be about 4,000 of us there that weekend.our campground is loarge and beautiful, its called iron mountain,in hatfield,about 15 minutes from mena.Come visit us.on saturday we have a parade,usually starts at 130.then if weather permits we have bike games.There are many vendors for food and biker items.We also have a big church at IM that seats up to 2000.I would love to see you there.My name crusierlover is ron bayless,I am with the gainesville texas chapter crosstimber riders.

Sounds like a neat ride to do sometime but I cant make it this year. If you and some others do go, take your camera and then post a few pics to tease us when you return home..

(other : I moved this thread out of the 2nd gen venture tech talk section and placed it in the watering hole for normal discussion).

That is fantastic,I hope to meet you.That ride is so awesome I do not know why it is not more well known.Like the tail of the dragon is.Lot's of turns but there is traffic.As a native Okie I am so proud of this wonderful area.If you stop,you can see many miles away.On a weekday I am sure there is a lot less traffic.Heaven knows how many bikes were there,I did get tired of waving.I really think this ride is worth considering.I hope I can get away one day in the next few week's to make it again.I did it in 12 hours in 08,only stopped for gas.Did not ever get hungry.Ft. Smith Ark. is near,a town with a lot to see.

The Talimena National Scenic Byway is for sure one of my favorite roads I have ridden over the years. I live in Little Rock, so we usually get over there a couple times a year to ride it. Everything you say is true. One of the best kept secrets of motorcycle roads. Rich Mountain is the second highest peak in Arkansas, and the road runs right on its ridge for a long ways. We have ridden a lot of the famous bike roads in Tennessee, NC, Virginia, Co, UT, AZ, NM (and still have a lot more to go), and I still feel we have roads here in Arkansas that rank right there with most of those, and the TNSB is certainly one of them.