IGNORED

Zip Tie Cruise Control

VerntureVet

That Dad of yours is a man after my own heart Vernture!! If the world had more Zip Ties, Duct Tape and WD40 - there would be a lot more riding and a lot less pushing I tell ya!!

Know what I mean Vern?

So,, what year/model is your Pop's old HD?

That is pretty cool. I didn't think of that, but went out and spent a few bux on this little guy for the 950 Tourer.

Hmmm...here is one from China...for about what a large zip tie might cost???

http://tinyurl.com/o4g5f89

mine was from the US for around $9 at cycle gear. Do like it...although I can't take hands off bars...

So,, what year/model is your Pop's old HD?

Pops has a FrankenBobber made up as best I can remember a 76 Sportser frame raked out with some 24" hangers and a 74 Shouvelhead. I was digging for some pics but can't seam to find the old 110 prints. I'll take some state of the art photos next time I am in his neck of the woods if he is home. Since he retired he has been on a mission to see US landmarks with mum.

As far as getting the little carbon fiber one from china IDK if pops would put it on his bike or wait for 2 months to get it. He got the zip tie from a Marathon gas station he stops @ all the time to top off his fluids and air for nothing. Take the time someday to find those old timer owned places and hang out a while you would be shocked what they will do for you if you just ask.

Have something similar on my bike. I used a wire coat hanger, wrapped around the grip, twisted it together and added a section of vacuum line to make it look pretty. Just twist the wire to get a good slip grip, tight enough to hold it but loose enough to allow you to return the throttle. Been running with it for many years, even before I had my Venture I used one on my Maxim.

ThrottleLock.jpg

-Andrew

• 3 years later...