IGNORED

Toy hauler

eds

The Hannigan has a 6' beam, and with the rake kit is 112" long. Most travel trailers are either 8' wide which will give you a 7.5' interior. The new trailers are somethimes 8'6" wide which will give you even more interior room. The problem you have with clearance can be reduced by jacking the nose of the trailer up which will reduce the entry 'hump'. Of course this can only be done with a tow behind. Not a 5th wheel. A lot of trailers lately are riding lower due to the torsion bar suspension which will also reduce the entry hump.

Thanks everyone, some good thoughts. I was hoping someone had one. I'll surely try loading the Trike before I decide which to buy. One option I have also seen is a hydraulic lift gate $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you order the trailer you may be able to get an extension on the door to reduce the breakover angle or have a dovetail built into the floor.

Which reminds me.... I've looked a couple of larger trailers in auctions that were designed to haul cars and noticed that in the last 8 feet or so the floor dropped about 6 inches. Didn't know why?? Now I do. To reduce the entry angle. Sometimes the light bulb takes a little longer to go on when getting more mature.... :backinmyday:

Just had a hairy idea. Maybe cut some short 2x4s with a curvature on one side. Nail several together and put it in the trailer close to the entrance. Run the front wheel up on your "ramp" until the rear wheels get to the trailer floor and if you make them right, the front wheel will be just off the other end of your new ramp. Pull the ramp out. Reverse the procedure to get back out. Just a thought. If you could attach some longer ones to the trailer ramp so that the rear wheels ride up on them after the front wheel is in the trailer, that might work too.

The longer toy haulers have the 3-4 feet closest to the gate on an angle on some models. The Raptors I looked at where big and heavy and way off the ground. Look liked were made for 4 wheelin off road. There are some tag alongs with the drop back but are in the long lengths.

201407LakeGuntersville (3).jpg This is our toy-hauler that we haul the 2008 RSV Hannigan w/easysteer. Fits just fine and tows well behind a 2014 Silveradi 1/2 ton. We use it as a camper mostly as its fully functional. BUT they don't make this model/Mfg anymore, it is a $35k 2007 Mdl. No problem with the ramp, if needed, raise the tongue fully and the ramp approach/hinge peak angle lessens. It is an R-vision 230FK. (23ft, Front kitchen).

​!!! Leave Our Flag ALONE !!!

Edited by seabeetom

• 5 months later...
The Hannigan has a 6' beam, and with the rake kit is 112" long. Most travel trailers are either 8' wide which will give you a 7.5' interior. The new trailers are somethimes 8'6" wide which will give you even more interior room. The problem you have with clearance can be reduced by jacking the nose of the trailer up which will reduce the entry 'hump'. Of course this can only be done with a tow behind. Not a 5th wheel. A lot of trailers lately are riding lower due to the torsion bar suspension which will also reduce the entry hump.

Did you possibly mean 62" beam?? outside fender to fender is 62" on my 08 RSV/2011 Hannigan.. Length is about right.