IGNORED

Carbureator fuel distribution; tank to pump;pump to fuel filter/ fuel manifold.

Ok guys I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but I have to ask as metric fuel line is hard to find when you don't know where to look...

My bike SOMETIMES has a almost dead cylinder because (I think) it's not getting a full charge of gas due to some kind of fuel blockage.

Now I think it's the L/R cylinder because the R/R cylinder puts out a LOT more heat than the L/R cylinder when this condition exists.

It probably feels like a lot more heat because the L/R is producing hardly any power.

So my theory is there is a bit of deteriorated fuel line somewhere in the plumbing. When I got the bike the fuel filter was a disgrace.

It's long since been replaced but at the time it didn't occur to me that there might be a bit of 1983 vintage fuel line stopping up the works.

Well I removed the rubber "T" and the short rubber line from the carb and they looked good. Stuck a pipe cleaner in each carb's fuel inlet and found no crap.

I removed the end of the main line (the line from the filter) from the fuel manifold and stuck it in a can and turned on the ignition/fuel pump switch to see if any crap came out and to check the flow. No crap came from the hose and flow seems adequate.

I believe I can assume there's no blockage in the tank to filter line as the flow on the other side of the filter seems good

So being that hoses are probably original equipment they should be replaced.

I think I got some crap in the carb's float bowl or in the fuel circuits some place and it floats around until it gets stuck and disrupts the fuel flow.

So is it ok to use hose that's CLOSE in size (smaller) or should I get the correct sizes?

What do you guys think of my theory?

The short rubber lines on the carb assembly together cost over $50.00 on the internet (between Amazon and Ebay) and there's no getting the tank to pump/pump to carb lines on ebay or amazon

So does anyone know the size of these hoses and maybe a place to buy them?

Doug

Anybody want to overhaul my carbs for me?

Edited by dna9656

And what about that %$#&*&^( thin wall stuff that goes from the twinkie to the air box? I got 3 parts bikes and that thin wall stuff on all three is harder than Chinese Trigonometry.

I attempted to find and utilize a bunch of different hoses to replace the hardened breather hose without luck. The very tight space combined with the need for a "S" curve in the hose precluded using anything I could find.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a new one off eBay.

Boats.net still offers that hose, PN:47G-11166-00-00 for $14.71 plus shipping.

There are also a few on eBay, starting at $14.59 with free shipping.