166 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 International Rally Location

• Maggie Valley, NC
    • Viroqua, WI
    • Richmond, IN
    • Mississippi Gulf Coast (October)
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Davis, WV

After giving the members a few weeks to make their recommendations and step up as volunteers, it is now time to put the location for the 2016 International Rally up for a vote. If a location is preferred that you do not see on the list, it will be because it may have been suggested but nobody stepped up to help organize it. Hopefully, I didn't miss any of the locations that were suggested and supported with a volunteer.

This poll will remain open for 14 days.

Just a quick summary:

Maggie Valley, NC

Viroqua, WI

Richmond, IN

Mississippi Gulf Coast (October)

Ontario, Canada

Davis, WV

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie Valley or Mississippi coast for me.

Not me,,,,, one of the bestest of you lop eared varmint VR family (see pic) lives in Veer - O' - Qwah Wisconsin. Tweeks (she is in love), Tip n I CAN NOT WAIT to see him again!!! It would have broken Tweeks heart if I would have not voted for the opportunity to go see the love of her life!!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOLUNTEERED TO HOST THIS AWESOME RALLY!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

DSCN2160.JPG

Canaan Valley looks like it has a nice Hotel -Lodge but concerned about having a shooting range on premises, not sure I want to listen to shotguns all day long.

Jim

That would not bother me in the least, I'm used to that with 3 outdoor ranges within 4 miles of my house, 1 has a large bore rifle range too. [emoji12]

Interesting choices in that list. Canada is just too far, over 3 days travel time from here. With the exception of the Gulf Coast, everything is at least 2 days away. WV and NC VERY interesting, lots of new country to discover. IN and WI make side trips to visit family possible. In fact WI could have both overnite stops on the way up in towns where I have family and could make a stop in the Hubby's hometown also possible on the way home. Dates are not a problem for me [providing something else doesn't come up in the meantime!] so the Gulf Coast in the fall would work for me also. The only problem is that with everything but the Gulf Coast, the bike will be going for a ride instead of me riding it up there. Now I just have to make up my mind!! :scratchchin:

I voted for Davis WV.

Canaan Valley lodge is a very nice place and don't forget, there is Black bear resort 9 minutes / 6 miles down the road if one does not want to stay at the Canaan Valley Lodge. Prices are higher but sharing the costs could be a possibility if considered.

I will say that if Davis WV is the chosen area for the 2016 VR International Rally, I would gladly step up to the plate and be part of the planning committee in making lodging, restaurant and ride plans.

I know this area well since I have been riding it for the past 9 years.

:twing:

Once this vote is completed I'd suggest another vote with the top two. You might find that people that voted for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th options would possibly vote in favour of the 2nd choice and not the first.

I could not agree more. I have not voted yet myself waiting to see which are the top contenders. I may want a location that only has a few votes, I would rather choose between the front runners than throw away my vote. Knowing that there will be a run off vote I would vote for what may be considered to have little chance and see if others join in or not.

Once this vote is completed I'd suggest another vote with the top two. You might find that people that voted for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th options would possibly vote in favour of the 2nd choice and not the first.

I could not agree more. I have not voted yet myself waiting to see which are the top contenders. I may want a location that only has a few votes, I would rather choose between the front runners than throw away my vote. Knowing that there will be a run off vote I would vote for what may be considered to have little chance and see if others join in or not.

Right there on the same page as you two lop eared varmints:witch_brew:

This un could be the primaries,, then we could have us a genuine VR International Election :178:

I voted for Davis WV.

Canaan Valley lodge is a very nice place and don't forget, there is Black bear resort 9 minutes / 6 miles down the road if one does not want to stay at the Canaan Valley Lodge. Prices are higher but sharing the costs could be a possibility if considered.

I will say that if Davis WV is the chosen area for the 2016 VR International Rally, I would gladly step up to the plate and be part of the planning committee in making lodging, restaurant and ride plans.

I know this area well since I have been riding it for the past 9 years.

:twing:

Eck statement and participation if picked is the reason I chose Davis, WV. I also saw the link from slow roll and I've never been there. Want to try something different.

Edited by Barrycuda

Well I suggested and volunteered for the Maggie Valley location. I have been there and it is beautiful country and nice riding. That being said, I also voted for WV. :)

No disrespect to any part of NC, because it's my top 3 places to live someday. It's amazing. Just wanted for ME, to try someplace I've never been.

Good point. Also aproximate Date as already mentioned could also be a factor for many.

last year as I left the IR in Guntersville, In my heist to make it to New Jersey before my mom passed. I rode 81 down to 29 and around DC and Biltmore . even though it rained on me most of my trip to NJ. I said I was going to come back. In the pouring rain I stopped in a little town called Buchanan VA. ( some really nice people there ) I told them why I was going to NJ, they packed me some extra food and drink, and send me on my way. they even cover the lunch bill. I'm going back to thank them.

stopping in Weston Georgia, and buying a few (12) pecan pies as a Thank You.