IGNORED

2015 Annual VR "In Memory Of" ride day

Eck

This coming Saturday is our annual Venturerider "In Memory Of" ride day.

This is where each of us (who can) take a ride in memory of a VR family member or a loved one that we have lost along life's path.

If you wish, you can keep track of the mileage traveled, towns rode to or through, places you stopped to eat at, or even take photos.

After you return home, feel free to post your memorial days ride here in this thread titled:2015 Annual VR "In Memory Of" ride day.

Ride safe!

Eck

Alan and Annie got an early start this morning for their trip back to OZ.

With limited time, Jan and I, decided to take a quick ride into Salt Lake to a favorite spot called Grove's Market. While in the middle of town, this throw back shop is a mom and pop grocery store that sells more in the deluxe sandwiches they make than anything else. When they take their summer vacation, the store is closed for that week or so. Round trip was only about 15 miles but special.

We talked about Don (Gunboat) that we had the priviledge to getting to know briefly in May of 2013. We met up with him in Cortez Colorado to pick up a trailer for the Aussies. What a great, easy going gentleman. We shared stories over dinner and then the next morning he came over to the hotel to make sure everything was just right with the trailer and how it hooked up to our bike. Thanks Don for our short but special opportunity!!

Groves.jpg

In all honesty, I was not able to go for a ride today, however I visited the Venturerider memorial section which sure got me thinking of who I had the opportunity to meet with and ride with.

As I sat in silence I gave thought to all the VR family losses we have had over the years, even those whom I never met, but heard of or even read their posts here on the site.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones and or friends. I pray you have the strength and courage to move forward in life and that peace be with you.

Eck

Edited by Eck