IGNORED

Holy Crap It's Hot.

Beach Bum

I've been riding my RSV mostly around town as of late and with the summer Florida weather we experience in August my damn feet are baking like meatloaves. I did a search and most answers had to do with wind deflectors and highway pegs. I've got highway pegs but don't really dig using them in stop and go traffic and I'm not really interested in bolting on yet another accessory. My question is, has anyone used heat wrap on the pipes and if so, how much difference did it make? I'm wandering into really unpleasant discomfort territory here. Loving the bike, hating the heat.

I would not think the wing vent things would work very well unless your moving. If I'm moving I dont notice it to much. If its hot its hot. I have heard of some removing the lowers on the fairing during hot months. That will allow more air between the faring and the leg fairings.

For me, I am like the opposite of our Northern brothers in winter. I rarely if at all ride in this heat. With heat index in triple digits all the time, I can't enjoy. I also gear up at the time so I just bake. It's not fun. From mid June to mid sept, I really don't ride much unless it's interstate and with someplace specific to go.

I'm wandering into really unpleasant discomfort territory here. Loving the bike, hating the heat.

Oh BB you'd love it up here. Just got off the boat ferry at Port aux Basque Newfoundland about 1 1/2 hrs ago to 58f, with a stiff wind out of the S/E and raining. It's going to be a long tour. :beer:

Oh hell no. I left Calgary for Florida and never looked back. I was blessed to make it down here in my early 30's instead of my 60's and it's been the best decision I ever made. I can ride, surf, shoot and golf year round. I've just never had a lower fairing like these and it's probably great in the cold and rain but when it's 100 degrees it's a heat trap. I am looking forward to those perfect 75 degree "Chamber of Commerce" days we get in the late fall and winter for riding though. Till then, we have a hurricane on it's way so all eyes are on the surf.

I've been riding my RSV mostly around town as of late and with the summer Florida weather we experience in August my damn feet are baking like meatloaves. I did a search and most answers had to do with wind deflectors and highway pegs. I've got highway pegs but don't really dig using them in stop and go traffic and I'm not really interested in bolting on yet another accessory. My question is, has anyone used heat wrap on the pipes and if so, how much difference did it make? I'm wandering into really unpleasant discomfort territory here. Loving the bike, hating the heat.

If your feet are the ones suffering, heat wraps on the headers probably won't help. Air deflectors aren't going to help much either in slow stop and go traffic. Personally if it gets that hot stay home an sit in front of the A/C. If you have to go somewhere take a cage...with A/C

Baker air wings will put air from your shins to your chin. Pricey, but in my opinion the best accessory I have bought. http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/Yamaha.html

Never had a problem with my feet getting hot. I use my Kuryakyn highway pegs and wear ankle length steel toe brown leather boots.

What type of shoes are you wearing?

The reason I ask is we've got some members that wear flip flops...:whistling: Not going to mention any names...

Baker air wings will put air from your shins to your chin. Pricey, but in my opinion the best accessory I have bought. http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/Yamaha.html

Never had a problem with my feet getting hot. I use my Kuryakyn highway pegs and wear ankle length steel toe brown leather boots.

What type of shoes are you wearing?

The reason I ask is we've got some members that wear flip flops...:whistling: Not going to mention any names...

Does he have Blonde Ponytails???

I usually wear a pair of Vans or Adidas Thrasher trail running shoes. I'm guilty of riding in shorts some of the time and don't even currently own a pair of boots. I used to gear up in leathers and boots when riding sport bikes but sold all that stuff other than a jacket with the last rocket. I don't like to ride in flip flops but have to admit I've considered it :8:. Living at the beach you get accustomed to wearing as little in the way of clothes as possible.