IGNORED

Well spent $42

dogman

I had to buy a garage door opener and liked the idea of the new technology where you can control and be notified on your smart phone. I saw one go on sale and bought the garage door opener with the My Q technology for $132, but then you have to buy an additional item that plugs into your modem, and that cost $42.

There is a free app that you down load on your phone and it controls the opening and closing of the door from your phone and tells, and shows you if the door is open or closed as well as notify you when it does get opened. The two garage door openers that came with the unit still work, but we can keep one in the car and one in the house so now I also have one with me on my phone. It has come in handy many times, not just when on my bike, but outside doing something and wanting to get into the garage. I always have my phone on me so it is easy to open the garage when ever I need it.

Just thought I would share my 5 cents. We can't share our 2 cents in Canada any more as they are worthless.

I'm sure this technology is very useful to many folks, especially when it tells you if your door is open or closed. I would be afraid someone could download that same free app and "somehow" be able to open my garage door. I mean if those tech dudes can get through the internet to see inside your house using the camera on your computer and bust into banks to steel money, it surely cant be that had to open a garage door. Now this is my thinking and it does not mean to tear down what you posted at all. It's just my opinion and hopefully it is taken that way. Like I said, Im sure this technology is very useful to many folks and it has its pro's and con's like any other electronic system.

I don't pull out of my driveway until I see the door closed. I will wait for it to close all the way down before I put my vehicle in drive and pull out of my drive way.