IGNORED

New guy here, tha name is cruiser

cruiser

Hello everyone, wanting to join the gang and fit in, yes yes I am now riding a 97 Yamaha royalstar, and loving it, I do try to ride everyday, anyway, wishing to make some friends and have some laughs, and talk about good times, life is a ride to me, so let's ride

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome !!!

You've stumbled onto the best derned bike forum out there. You'll find a veritable cornucopia of knowledge about anything Venture...and pretty much anything else for that matter. Lotsa great folks, happy to help.

Glad to have you aboard. :hurts:

Thanks guys, I wonder how many members here are ever around corsicana tx, I'm about an hour south of Dallas on I 45, honestly there no one around here that I know with a bike, but many prayers my brother just bought a bike but the motor dropped a valve so it's gonna be down fir a while, is there any Christians here? I go to the cowboy church in kerens tx.

Yes there are many Christians here on the site! However we on the site avoid conversations on the board concerning sex, religion and politics as eventually they can lead to confrontations. It is OK to state your faith though, and even praise the Lord if you please! There is a separate Forum for prayer requests, etc. I am a Bible believing Born again Christian myself.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will find semi local riders to meet in your area, and watch the forums for meet and eats to attend and get to know people! We are a very friendly bunch here. You don't have to be crazy around here, but it sure helps!!

If you have technical questions feel free to ask, this group is very knowledgeable!

Welcome Cruiser!

You have stumbled onto an awesome site. You will find a plethora of helping hands and voices for issues concerning your bike, your job, your family, your health, your cars, your house, your etc etc etc.... Yes, there are a lotta Christians on our site, and you'll routinely see prayers sent up for needs. What you won't see is; anybody debatiing religion. Don't have time for it. Cowboy Church huh? Man, those type churches are growing here in my state of Arkansas. Glad you're a member of it.

Now, dive in and get to know us all. Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you think they're silly. No judgemental folks here. Okay, I lied, there are a few, but all families have them. LOL.

Freebird is our fearless leader. He owns and runs the site through a labor of love straight from his heart. He's as cool as the other side of the pillow.

I only have one warning: Be careful when you're dealing with Flyinfool. He has a huge snow blowing machine, and don't underestimate how far he can use it. He lives waaaay up yonder, but has been known to throw snow all the way down to us southern folk. he primarily uses it to pester Cowpuc, but sometimes he loses control of it and blows snow all over the country. Hence the deep freeze our nation experienced this past winter.

Heyyy,, hi ya Cruiser!! Always a pleasure meeting new great folks and THIS is the place where thats happening brother!! As already mentioned, we have a really good mix of Christians and none Christians (we also have a WIDE variety of motorcycles - its not ALL Yamaha Ventures around this place) - a pretty good example of the world in which we live. I gotta say, I too am a believer and have found that one of the most AWESOME things about the "family" that you just touched base with here is that, unlike the world that we live in where things tend to get non-productive in a judgmental kind of way - our family here actually ENJOYS one anothers differences and THAT is what makes us special IMHO. Of course, there are times when we have our little spats BUT, also as mentioned, we have an amazing leader in Freebird (rides a Harley, go figure:big-grin-emoticon:) and a really great group of Mods who specialize in keeping the peace around here so when we get headed in the wrong direction they zap us!!

As far as actually meeting IRL and "fitting" in, laughing and playing with new friends and all that. I have found the same healthy connectivity to be found in real life meetings with these folks as right here in the Water Hole. That said, I am also a firm believer in that ol proverb that says, and I am probably paraphrasing a little = "for a man to have friends he must show himself friendly" to which I deduce = it's not always the other person's behavior that causes issues for us as individuals - sometimes its our own attitude(s) that causes us the most grief.. Dont be hesitant to jump right in to VR Rally's, Meet and Greets or even chasing down an occasional person you see riding a Yam Venture (should be fairly easy to catch the 2nd Gen riders on your 97, probably be a little harder if you chasing a 1st Gen :witch_brew::doh::hihi:) to see if they are part of the fam..

Hoping you enjoy your trial visit here and find exactly what you are looking for Cruiser and by all means:

:welcome::welcome1::wel_1Wa::RED:

'Puc

PS - That FlyinFool really is a VERY good guy BUT,, come winter you really DO NOT want to badger him to much cause he does seem to have a problem with the sights on his Wisconsin White Wash Machine :big-grin-emoticon:

Welcome Cruiser!

I only have one warning: Be careful when you're dealing with Flyinfool. He has a huge snow blowing machine, and don't underestimate how far he can use it. He lives waaaay up yonder, but has been known to throw snow all the way down to us southern folk. he primarily uses it to pester Cowpuc, but sometimes he loses control of it and blows snow all over the country. Hence the deep freeze our nation experienced this past winter.

Heyyy,, hi ya Cruiser!!

:welcome::welcome1::wel_1Wa::RED:

'Puc

PS - That FlyinFool really is a VERY good guy BUT,, come winter you really DO NOT want to badger him to much cause he does seem to have a problem with the sights on his Wisconsin White Wash Machine :big-grin-emoticon:

Don't believe a word they tells ya.

My sights and aim are just fine........:snow::snow2::rasberry::moon:

Oh, by the way,, I got rescued by two of my now - TEXAS HERO"S - down there a while back.. One was in a Cowtown called Round Rock, the other in a hitchin post town called Cleveland and chatted with others on the phone on that trip.. I point that out cause I can factually say that there are some AWESOME folks down yonder somewhere.. As times goes by and if you find yourself not able to locate any good folks down yonder, let me know,,, I may have to come down there and introduce you to a couple :backinmyday:

Hopefully that "threat" inspires some positive activity in your favor :happy34:

Lmao you guys are awesome man, I so look forward to getting to know all of you, so I assume my 97 is the 1 gen 😝 she sure runs and rides good I have to say and a lot more comfortable than the sportster I traded for her, I hope there is a meeting,rally, etc etc, around here soon, I would like to meet y'all and start adding friends to my list lol, you guys stay cool brothers, any questions about me just ask, and you can call me what you want, just don't call me collect, lol

Lmao you guys are awesome man, I so look forward to getting to know all of you, so I assume my 97 is the 1 gen  she sure runs and rides good I have to say and a lot more comfortable than the sportster I traded for her, I hope there is a meeting,rally, etc etc, around here soon, I would like to meet y'all and start adding friends to my list lol, you guys stay cool brothers, any questions about me just ask, and you can call me what you want, just don't call me collect, lol

Cruiser,

Your 1997 in fact is not a 1st Gen. 1st and 2nd Gen's are referring the Venture bike. 1st Gen was from 1983-1993, 2nd Gen was from 1999-2013. But, your bike being a 4 banger Royal Star qualifies you to be adopted into this whacky family called Venturerider.org. There are a substantial number of us on this site that do not own Ventures. I own a 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. Go up to the top of the page and click on "History" and read all about the different years and bikes that this site is dedicated to. You will find it very interesting.

But, as others have already said, we really don't care what kind/brand of bike you ride, just hang out with us and have fun.