IGNORED

A list of known problems on the Second Gen Venture

Does anyone know if it's "normal" for the downshifting to be rough? Or can I fix somehow? (maybe with oil change or something?) Sometimes, I have a heck of a time finding neutral at a stop sign or red light...

The only time I've seen it hard to find neutral was when the oil was getting old. I honestly think that synthetic oil helps a lot. I've run Mobil 1 in my '99 since the second oil change and it's always been easy to find neutral and shifts very well.

Guest jd stone

i have a 99 venture with 81k, it has been in nearly all states.....i have not ever seen any of the things you guys tell about, on my bike...however i do check it over each time before i hit the road....trunk....too much weight most likely.....broken exhaust..in a bind somewhere......audio....plugs not pressed all the way in properly......this may hit some of you the wrong way....but you do have to look at the thing from time to time.....it is a machine ...sorry to get on any toes......jd:bobby:

• 6 years later...

This is in reference to the two small screws that hold your gas cap together.

Check this thread out for screws coming loose and falling out on the gas cap.

I suggest you go out and remove your gas cap and check the two small screws in yours before the screws fall off inside the gas tank..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81617

• 1 year later...