IGNORED

Running rich, poor mpg

Ok, tried a search, but there is a boatload of search returns for running rich & poor mpg.

Here's the problem. Last weekend I ran out to Orlin's MD. The bike was running fine (other than a stuck float just before I left, fixed with a hammer whack & drained the bowl 3 times). I had good mpg readings and it was zipping around fine. Came home and took the bike to work on Monday and it wasn't running right, and the gas gauge moved way too soon for the miles on the odometer.

So what would cause it to go out of whack so quickly? I had the carbs out about a month ago, and all the jets were cleaned, and I tighten a screw that I must have not tighten last time I was in there as it was loose and causing problems.

I really don't want to pull the carbs again, and I'm leaving on vacation this weekend so I'm running out of time.

-Andrew

I was getting overflow but that was with a stuck float that I think I fixed, haven't noticed/smelt gas since before Orlin's MD. And at Orlin's my carbs were synced, they were close and only needed one small tweak.

I have used a lot of Seafoam, especially with the stuck float, would the new plugs I put in a month ago be fouled by the Seafoam? I did a pretty concentrated dose with the float, and have used a whole can over the last few weeks.

It's just that it suddenly acted up, not a slow loss of mpg & rough running, just one day fine, next acting up.

-Andrew

(I have used a lot of Seafoam, especially with the stuck float, would the new plugs I put in a month ago be fouled by the Seafoam? I did a pretty concentrated dose with the float, and have used a whole can over the last few weeks.)

That does hurt the plugs, but doubt that would be the "all-of-a-sudden" problem...