IGNORED

Tablet unfriendly forum

I used to be a frequent member several years ago, just recently paid the subscription to use certain features here but i do not use any computers anymore, not even a laptop, instead i use a 12.2 Samsung Galaxy thats Linux with Chrome browser,plus i use the latest Galaxy smart phones, cannot upload any images no matter the size, cannot even post using hyperlink as my keyboard keeps popping up, just to pass on this info. Basically forum is designed for puters, is there a tablet version that will allow uploads? I tried the mobile version but it has no provision.

I am not the exception, more and more people are dropping the puter, going tablet and smart phones.

I would love to post my mods on other bikes like my touchscreen radio installation on a 95 Goldwing, and one that i will be installing in my Venture Royale.

Kinda bums a person to pay for access but you cannot access the tools. My Goldwing forums do like hearing about my Venture and Vmax mods though.

Edited by Silverado6x6

I am accessing using an Asus 300t and it is working fine. I think you can also access using Talkapad, but I have not set it up so cant speak to that. Good luck resolving issue. Sure that the boss will have a few suggestions for you!

You might try TapaTalk. It is installed here and may work better for you. I will look at it a little closer when I get home from my business trip. I can tell you that it seems to work OK with the iPad that my wife uses. I have a Samsung of some sort at home. I'll have a look with it when I get home.

Yeah thats the thing, i do not want an external keyboard, had one on my other pad, too slow, and i am not paying anything extra. I can live with this but it excludes me from adding pics of my bikes, the mods or repairs, so the website was redesigned? I thought it looked different.

How is the site tablet unfriendly? Is it possible your user settings for your VRO account or your tablet have pic uploading disabled? There is also a size limit on how many mega pixels and megabytes a pic can be to be uploaded to the site. I posted a new thread with pictures earlier in the watering hole using my tablet and chrome. I had no trouble whatsoever other than figuring out which button was for uploading pics within the thread. If you could give us the exact error code you get when trying to upload a pic maybe one of the tech geniuses here can help you. Also, tapatalk is now a free app in the play store.

I just posted a thread in the testing area. I dug out a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0 that I have never used for anything. I had no problem at all posting the thread and uploading a picture. I did not use Tapatalk or any other additional software. Just the system and browser that came installed on the Galaxy.

Sorry but it wasn't unfriendly at all for me. It worked just exactly as it does when I post from my computer.

I guess I need some more details to understand exactly what it happening.

Not saying to use the bluetooth keyboard all the time. I don't recall what the specfics were when I was working with pictures. But I couldnt get it to work with the touch screen keyboard. Worked great when I used the bluetooth keyboard. I don't upload my pictures direct to this site but to Photobucket and then link to them. When doing work I like a keyboard, when browsing/reading the touch screen is fine. I too find myself using tablets more than laptops or desktops. But again for my "real work" (graphics, video, scanning, photographic, programming) I like a real computer with a keyboard. After all a tablet is... well just a tablet and limited. Use tapatalk - it is made for tablets.