IGNORED

What kind of highway pegs to get?

Dale124

Hi all. As Venture West approaches, I need to prepare my bike with some creature comforts for the long ride, and I thought I would start with highway pegs. It seems like there are lots of styles to choose from, so I thought I'd get my fellow VR members opinion. I have already got the stabilizers that Carbon One makes, now I just need to "pick-a-peg".

I also see there are different clamp sizes, and I'm not sure what size we need for a 2013 RSV. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale.

I like the Kuryakin ones I have. Will have to look up the name. But you buy them in pieces sort of. Clamps, and the sort of "Z" shaped piece and the pad. Mine are the bigger kind. OK called Iso peg. but its triangle shaped. Dualy I belive is what name is.

• 2 months later...
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Dually's" w/ 1" clamps. Part# 7890. Should have taken the set off my last bike, but didn't. So now It'll run me $120 for another set.

Should these fit a 2004 RSV and where are they selling for $120? I found them for $136, but will look at a few other sites. Thanks!

Should these fit a 2004 RSV and where are they selling for $120? I found them for $136, but will look at a few other sites. Thanks!

E-bay can be your best help. The Kuryakyn are sort of "built" Its peg is one part # the clamp part is another etc. So if you figure what part # you need you can just scour e-bay for the parts separately if you want. Thats how I ran across mine. The clamps were a take off part for less than half cost of new. Here is a pair used. E-mail seller and see what size the clamp is. Worst case you buy a set of 1" clamps.

And you found them only 45 minutes from my house! Thanks so much!!!!

MJ

Well figure out what they are worth to you. Contact the fellow and see if you could arrange pick up. See if he will sell them straight out to you. Or else just figure what they are worth to you and put in a max bid. It will auto bid up to that point. I have been watching Sena headsets. There are some really dumb people out there. I can find brand new dual headset for about $225 give or take 15 bucks depending on when I look. There have been some used ones come up for sale. And dumb a$$ bid them up more than what brand spanking new ones would cost. I just dont get it :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
E-bay can be your best help. The Kuryakyn are sort of "built" Its peg is one part # the clamp part is another etc. So if you figure what part # you need you can just scour e-bay for the parts separately if you want. Thats how I ran across mine. The clamps were a take off part for less than half cost of new. Here is a pair used. E-mail seller and see what size the clamp is. Worst case you buy a set of 1" clamps.

Thank you so much for the link! I won the bid ($60 with tax) took a little ride and picked them up, put them on and I'm happy! Just need to make a few little adjustments, but they give me lots of options for riding. You guys are the best on this site!!

Mary Jo

Hi all. As Venture West approaches, I need to prepare my bike with some creature comforts for the long ride, and I thought I would start with highway pegs. It seems like there are lots of styles to choose from, so I thought I'd get my fellow VR members opinion. I have already got the stabilizers that Carbon One makes, now I just need to "pick-a-peg".

I also see there are different clamp sizes, and I'm not sure what size we need for a 2013 RSV. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale.

I borrowed/tried two different sets. Ended up finding these for my '06:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTk0WDU5NA==/z/oJUAAOSwxYxUw0KU/$_12.JPG

The clamps are too large for my '06, so I removed them and went with a regular 1" clamp and threw the originals in the junk drawer.

Ordered and installed these for mounting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391017506166?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didn't like or need all the linkage on a lot of pegs. Seems to me it makes the pegs sit out too far from the bike and I'm a little on the tall side and didn't need to bring them down or back towards the floorboards so I just wanted to mount them as close and high on the crash bars as I could.

...ooops! I see you've already ordered a set of pegs. Well, maybe this will help someone else!

Be safe!

Yep, I found out! The cowling is really tight up against the bars there. Even if the original clamps on the foot pegs I bought would've been the correct diameter, they were too large to fit between the space.........good point!