IGNORED

Tank Bib vs Tank Bag

gorski

Hey All,

I have a studded Mustang tank bib on my 07, don't really go for the stud look, has anyone found one that has better storage than an oddly shaped pocket. Or is a smallish tank bag the way to go to hold phone, keys, glasses etc... anyone use a tank bag?

May be looking to sell the Mustang bib...

Thanks

Gorski

I have a 2 pocket bib on my '99 RSV. One pocket is zippered, it's closest to the gas cap, the other pocket has a Velcro flap and it's close to the seat. I usually put my cell phone in the zippered and my wallet in the other one. I'll take a pic tomorrow if you want to see it. I don't know what brand it is, it was installed by the previous owner. I personally prefer it to a tank bag, just my .02.

I removed the OEM tank bib and also the fairing eyebrows. I wanted a cleaner smoother look. I use a small magnetic tank back on trips. I also cancelled my cell phone, so I have no need for a place to carry one. The key goes in the ignition when riding and my pocket when not riding. KISS is how I view things. :happy34:

I just got a tank bag to use on a trips only. Will test it first time over a Memorial Day weekend for a 5-day trip. It's a magnetic one. The cool part is - it turns in a backpack. Up till now, we would keep all the "stuff" in the trunk and when we stop we would take what we need and shove it into our pockets. And if you need some of that stuff while riding (tissue, sunglasses,...) we would have to stop at the side of the road, get off the bike and get it out of the trunk. Now, my wife and I can keep our phones, glasses, wallets, eyeglasses cleaner, maybe a couple of snacks, camera, etc in a tank bag - when we stop and go for a walk, just grab the tank bag/backpack with me and everything's in it already. That's the plan, anyway...

It even have a map pocket at the top.

I have a dual-sport bike, too (Suzuki Vstrom). When I bought it, it had a tank bag on it. Not the magnetic one, just "regular" with the straps. At that point, I thought of taking it off but didn't. It turned out I'm using it every single time I'm on that bike!... Easily accessible, big enough, small enough. Wallet, sunglasses, headphones, phone,...

Edited by Tisunac

I have a magnetic tank bag that I use on trips.. I like it because I can just grab it and go when we stop at a restaurant or whatever and it has all the important stuff in it like Wallet and Passport etc. as well as sunglasses and gloves and a hat.. My drugs.. Almost use it as an overnight bag and just saves room in the luggage for other things..

If anyone is interested I have an original tank bag for a 1st gen that I would part with ..

I also would love to have a tank bib with a pocket but getting one to match up with the MM colors is proving to be very difficult

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I like a nice tank bag but, I have found that when I tried to put a tank bag on my RSV the intercom plug is right in the way. It is the most inconvenient thing ever. I don't think I will will ever use it and it can't NEED to be where it is. Has anyone ever moved/removed that mount? How do I get it off without ruining my paint?

You taking the rubber thing that holds the plug? Try some heat from like a hair dryer, dont sit right on it and burn paint, just trying to warm the area. Heck if your here in Fla, just let it sit out in sun for a couple hours. Then something like an old credit card maybe to get under it and also lift and it should come off. Then the glue goof off or WD 40 or alcohol should get the remnants off.