IGNORED

The REAL Venturerider! Newbes Especially Read...

bongobobny

OK what I'm about to lay out is nothing new to the old timers here but it expresses the true spirit of what Venturerider dot org is REALLY about! I've been a member here since before the great crash of 2006, but not an original member. I think I joined in Feb of 2005 but it could have been 2006, not sure. In this time I have really experienced what is meant as "Family" around here!! People have come and gone but the true spirit of Ventureriders has remained and hopefully will continue for a long time! Here are a few examples...

OK so you have this doohickey laying around for a Venture, maybe you got it for a real bargain, maybe not. You picked it up thinking someday it may come in handy but you never used it. Lo and Behold, you read a post by some member who for some reason has a need for it. So, normally a person would think Great, here's a chance to make some money and unload the piece, but what happens around here?? Magically the part is shipped for free to that person along with complete instructions on how to install it and an offer to help out if possible!!!

You are travelling far from home and you break down! You post it on site, and within hours (or less) not only is there someone there to help, but they offer you a place to stay, and/or they have the part, and they install it for you while you rest and recover from your terrible experience!

Something happens major to your bike. You crash it or it dies of old age. You get invited to a Meet and Eat and you may even get to go all expenses paid!! While there you are presented with a completely restored bike just like your old one free with no strings attached!

Do these examples sound far fetched?? It really doesn't happen in real life?? Guess again!!! I have seen ALL of these scenarios happen MORE than once and that's only what I know of!!! I am also aware of several instances where a member has been down and out and the outpouring of money and other assistance has been overwhelming! The love and brotherhood of this website has been downright AMAZING!!!

So does that mean we all have to be Superheros to be a member here?? Not hardly! It just takes one act of kindness here and there to make this magic happen! If every member did just one simple special thing in there entire tenure here what a spectacular place this would be, even better than it already is!!

Even without all of this extraordinary actions this website is still filled with a bunch of great people who are just plain nice friendly people ready and willing to share our mutual love of motorcycle riding, and of the Yamaha Venture...

Edited by bongobobny

Hit that nail right on the head Bobby. Like you I've seen a lot of what you've described, even been involved in some of those example. Folks who have even drifted to other branded rides still call this place home, myself included. I'll say one thing for sure you can't beat being a part of this great site and participating with the folks here and at any of the meets, get-togethers , or rally's. I look forward to continuing meeting members this coming riding season. Until I get back on the road everyone be safe out there.

Larry

I'm not an original member, close thou as I joined up May of 05 when I first got my Midnight.

Do these examples sound far fetched?? It really doesn't happen in real life?? Guess again!!! I have seen ALL of these scenarios happen MORE than once and that's only what I know of!!! I am also aware of several instances where a member has been down and out and the outpouring of money and other assistance has been overwhelming! The love and brotherhood of this website has been downright AMAZING!!!

So does that mean we all have to be Superheros to be a member here?? Not hardly! It just takes one act of kindness here and there to make this magic happen! If every member did just one simple special thing in there entire tenure here what a spectacular place this would be, even better than it already is!!

Even without all of this extraordinary actions this website is still filled with a bunch of great people who are just plain nice friendly people ready and willing to share our mutual love of motorcycle riding, and of the Yamaha Venture...

Well said Bob. No doubt about it.

Well said again to you my old friend Bob.

Helping, participating, enjoying and waiting for the next one I can go to occurs,,,, plus on the GREATLY needed (at the time) side of being a grateful recipient of everybody's help from here 4 years ago.....

I am now back to the point of being able to handle being back on here a lot more (just ask anybody), it's like this part of my life was missing and I'm just realizing it more often...

It'll also help to get the brain re-connected to all this info a bit easier....

So you've now got the warning,,,,

Well said again to you my old friend Bob.

Helping, participating, enjoying and waiting for the next one I can go to occurs,,,, plus on the GREATLY needed (at the time) side of being a grateful recipient of everybody's help from here 4 years ago.....

I am now back to the point of being able to handle being back on here a lot more (just ask anybody), it's like this part of my life was missing and I'm just realizing it more often...

It'll also help to get the brain re-connected to all this info a bit easier....

So you've now got the warning,,,,

Welcome back, we missed you around here!

Craig

Well said Bob. I have met a lot of good people on this site including you and Becky. Moved to a new bike but just had to renew tonight to stay in touch on this site.

Miss the group.

Just wish they would stop beating down our dollar so we could maybe come visit. LOL

Well Thank you @cowpuc LOL...that was actually me. I had created a fake user to test some things and forgot to log back in as myself. WOW...I sure feel welcome though.

Your welcome ya lop eared varmint,, that will make up for all the bad things I said about you for "silencing" me in chat tonight :crackup::crackup::crackup::rotfl::rotfl::guitarist 2::guitarist 2: