IGNORED

So this happened this afternoon.

grubsie

Old couple pulled out of a right side street at the last second. Nowhere for me to go. Tried to go around them. Thought I made it but the saddlebag caught the front bumper and spun me around.

Of course the couple said they didn't see me.

Everyone showed up. 3 witnesses, town police, state police, county sheriff, emt's and fire. Luckily I have a small road rash on left elbow and sore left ribs but no bad.

Just glad my wife wasn't on the bike.

Thanking God for sure that she wasnt there. The right leg would have been a bad issue for sure.

IM thinking I will get a bigger horn. Mine isnt muich of a noise maker.:(

Gkad you got out of it with just some Rash...

Glad you are in the mend. You know finding the metric wrench is a sign you are supposed to get another metric bike :-)

By the way, please look into Kisan headlight modulator. People see your headlight “flashing”. ( really modulating) as you approach and they think you are a cop and it registers at all ages to not pull out.

VentureFar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are in the mend. You know finding the metric wrench is a sign you are supposed to get another metric bike :-)

By the way, please look into Kisan headlight modulator. People see your headlight “flashing”. ( really modulating) as you approach and they think you are a cop and it registers at all ages to not pull out.

VentureFar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentureFar,

While I'm on board with the modulators I've been in groups where riders were cited for them. There still seems to be a lot of debate about the legalities of them across the states. Also, the color of the rear modulators seems to be a critical discussion point also.

VentureFar,

While I'm on board with the modulators I've been in groups where riders were cited for them. There still seems to be a lot of debate about the legalities of them across the states. Also, the color of the rear modulators seems to be a critical discussion point also.

Who ever did the citing was wasting everyone's time. There is no debate. It is legal in all 50 states.

You know the saying, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6? Well if you are on board with Modulators, install it and take your changes with an uninformed LEO.

If I was stopped i would ask for a supervisor and take the time to educate that officer and their whole department

Here is the specific

SA - Department of Transportation:

FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in Section S7.9.4.

Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108. No State or Local ordinance shall usurp the authority and enforcement of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

Get the Kisan and print this out and keep it in your sidebag.

http://thevillagenomads.com/thevillagenomads/downloadpdf_files/Federal%20Law%20on%20Modulator-headlamp.pdf

Who ever did the citing was wasting everyone's time. There is no debate. It is legal in all 50 states.

You know the saying, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6? Well if you are on board with Modulators, install it and take your changes with an uninformed LEO.

If I was stopped i would ask for a supervisor and take the time to educate that officer and their whole department

I pulled that up this morning. They actually got tagged for a tail light modulator. I could not find anything similar for tail lights.

Here is the specific

SA - Department of Transportation:

FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in Section S7.9.4.

Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108. No State or Local ordinance shall usurp the authority and enforcement of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

Get the Kisan and print this out and keep it in your sidebag.

http://thevillagenomads.com/thevillagenomads/downloadpdf_files/Federal%20Law%20on%20Modulator-headlamp.pdf

adding: different states have different rules about brake lights. If you put a whole lot of RED in the back and as up high as possible, you will be legal in all 50 states. My point is not rear anyway, it is front.

I pulled that up this morning. They actually got tagged for a tail light modulator. I could not find anything similar for tail lights.

What state did this happen in. I am happy to spend the time getting at least an opinion from the Texas State Patrol or others.

VentureFar...

So the bike has been totaled. So now time to concentrate my 2015 Ultra Limited. It is easier to handle than the RSV so not a bad thing. I had been considering getting rid of the RSV anyways since it's getting too heavy for me. Especially 2 up.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the Kisan modulator. Seriously considering getting one. They have it as a plug and play unit for the HD. Am also thinking about getting a brake light modulator also but looks like I will have to go with a different vendor as they don't have a plug and play for the HD Rushmore models. I am going to check out other vendors also for the them.

After some research, the headlight is covered in all 50 states under federal law. Not sure on the brake light but I have see that modulator on bikes in all 6 New England states.

1st day back at work today in my van and really noticed cars at stop signs and stopped at the end of the road I am on, same with parking lots. Gave me the heebee, jeebees all day. That was the final nail in the decision to get the modulators. I want to be seen when I am out and about on the bike.

So the bike has been totaled. So now time to concentrate my 2015 Ultra Limited. It is easier to handle than the RSV so not a bad thing. I had been considering getting rid of the RSV anyways since it's getting too heavy for me. Especially 2 up.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the Kisan modulator. Seriously considering getting one. They have it as a plug and play unit for the HD. Am also thinking about getting a brake light modulator also but looks like I will have to go with a different vendor as they don't have a plug and play for the HD Rushmore models. I am going to check out other vendors also for the them.

After some research, the headlight is covered in all 50 states under federal law. Not sure on the brake light but I have see that modulator on bikes in all 6 New England states.

1st day back at work today in my van and really noticed cars at stop signs and stopped at the end of the road I am on, same with parking lots. Gave me the heebee, jeebees all day. That was the final nail in the decision to get the modulators. I want to be seen when I am out and about on the bike.

Since states are so different I suggest getting a taillight flasher they only flashes 3 to 4 times before going solid. That way it looks like you did it manually. Which is recommended in many dmv handbooks anyway.

be safe !

VentureFar...