IGNORED

Rally@ the shores IS A GO!!!!

BIG TOM

For those who are wondering about our rally...I WANT TO CONFIRM THAT IT IS A GO....!!! We are having the rally.. please bring a mask for the reservation process... There will be some minor changes to the itinerary..MEALS WILL BE AVAILABLE @ the shores as planned. Today we are in phase 3 of the reopening...PRAY that our Canadian friends will be able to join us. See you there..! Because of the unknown number of guests the band has been cancelled ..

Edited by BIG TOM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are wondering about our rally...I WANT TO CONFIRM THAT IT IS A GO....!!! We are having the rally.. please bring a mask for the reservation process... There will be some minor changes to the itinerary..MEALS WILL BE AVAILABLE @ the shores as planned. Today we are in phase 3 of the reopening...PRAY that our Canadian friends will be able to join us. See you there..! Because of the unknown number of guests , the band has been cancelled BUT, the kensingtons (well two of them) will perform live music at our Saturday night campfire from 8:30 to 10:30 pm..

I am sure happy to hear that the Rally is a go but sure sad that my wife is under doc orders to not travel due to bad immune system. While we have tried to cancelled our room reservation (no refund possible yet), i was still hoping to at least ride over each day. However, about an hour ago, our Prime Minister announced that the border will now be closed to non essential travel until July 21. NOT GOOD NEWS FOR US Canadians.

Our Premier has announced that border travel will be essential only until July 21. I think that might change, so I will wait until July 01 to pull he plug on the Canadian contingent.

Refunds are being processed as I write this, so that should be all looked after. if not, send me a PM.

Kim and I are coming up for sure, but it just wont be the same without the Canadians. I really mean that, it has always been a pleasure in getting to know our northern friends alittle better at each meet. Hopefully something changes in the next few weeks and the border opens up. Saw where they are using Dexamethisone as a promising treatment for the covid. It was one of the cancer drugs in the cocktail they used to treat me, I have extra if needed. Maybe better treatment options will help in loosening up the border. The great gummie run of 2019 wont be the same:crying:

Craig

Best info we can get for you at this point is in the following link.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?142455-Rally-the-shores-2020-info-only-plz

Or what you have read on this thread.

For those of us who attend these rallies, it's a 'no miss' opportunity.

Come on out and plan to spend a day of two with us, I think you'll be glad you did.

I'd like some information regarding this event... I live about 30 miles away, and would probably attend one or two days.

Thanks,

It’s well worth the 30 mile ride, I’m coming 796. Meet some members here, eat some good food, laugh a lot, hear some good stories, maybe hear some true ones, and generally have a good time.

Our Premier has announced that border travel will be essential only until July 21. I think that might change, so I will wait until July 01 to pull he plug on the Canadian contingent.

Refunds are being processed as I write this, so that should be all looked after. if not, send me a PM.

DRAT! Will missing seeing you folks and hoping things change. :canada:

I'll be there.

We might have to schedule something local. Meet (physically distance) and greet (from a distance).

I am thinking a fishing trip for the canadians. With gps they should be able to find the camp ground. Well even light a fire for them. Better let ben navigate.

Nice thoughts there, Joe. Trouble is with fishing do we fish American or Canadian, and if you light a fire will it be attractive? and where are the roads the GPS is to follow.. but most importantly,, let Ben navigate? we did that last Sunday, and we missed turn offs, did u-turns and all that kind of stuff,,,, we would have to get started now just to find the lake!!:whistling:

Hello all, unfortunately, I did change my attendance to a no on your list, but best I also say so on here.

Because the boarder has been closed until July 21st, I wanted to give you the heads up for numbers of attendees.

I will miss seeing you all there and enjoying the rides along with the great evenings around the campfires.

I hope the weather will be perfect for all that are able to attend so you can have as good a time as we always do at the WNY Rally in past years.

Hello all, unfortunately, I did change my attendance to a no on your list, but best I also say so on here.

Because the boarder has been closed until July 21st, I wanted to give you the heads up for numbers of attendees.

I will miss seeing you all there and enjoying the rides along with the great evenings around the campfires.

I hope the weather will be perfect for all that are able to attend so you can have as good a time as we always do at the WNY Rally in past years.

It aint gonna be the same without you guys, and I mean all you guys, Eh!!

Just a heads up to those you are traveling from out of state, Como just added a bunch of states that travelers from those states are required to quarantine in place for 14 days upon arrival. You may want to check on this before heading out.

From what I understand, it can change daily. I found this on the web.

“The infection rate formula will be 10 per 100,000 on a seven-day rolling average or 10 percent of the total population positive on a seven-day rolling average. So any state that has an infection rate above that would require a 14-day quarantine.”

“As of today, the states that are above that level are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah, Texas. That’s as of today. The states themselves can change as the infection rate changes and we will update daily what states are above that infection rate.”