IGNORED

What's really going on here?

uncledj

You mean somethin like : "invasion taking place around the world and the futile efforts of the U.S. military to stop it." October 30, 1938?

Or perhaps Stalone still trying to find an explanation on the 3 sea shells started in 1993?

Or perhaps a Communist trying to teach a Capitalist that 2 ply is a waist of 1 ply?

Ya for most it will be a minor event but for some, like those waiting for a heart, liver, lung, cancer surgery, well they'll have to wait or maybe we could try to recreate a Mash type clinic with shop compressors and booster cables maybe a couple of relays to replace fancy life support units.....;)

We'll see soon enough

I understand the point you're making, but it doesn't answer the question.....:innocent:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand the point you're making, but it doesn't answer the question.....:innocent:

Well Uncle if you're still perplexed about the TP I'll share this rumor I heard today:

Story is that every time a person sneezes - 10 people **** themselves ;)

LOL

I do get the TP thing....it makes people feel that they're doing SOMETHING to prepare for a potentially bad event that may be coming their way.

The part I don't get is why people think it's so important to get tested, when the treatment is the same as the good old fashioned flu.

Plus, look at the history of the influenza mortality rate, and in the US it's been in the tens of thousands yearly as the status quo for the flu.

So...back to the question....other then for tracking info, ....what's the point of getting tested....whatcha gonna do about it anyway? :detective:

LOL

I do get the TP thing....it makes people feel that they're doing SOMETHING to prepare for a potentially bad event that may be coming their way.

The part I don't get is why people think it's so important to get tested, when the treatment is the same as the good old fashioned flu.

Plus, look at the history of the influenza mortality rate, and in the US it's been in the tens of thousands yearly as the status quo for the flu.

So...back to the question....other then for tracking info, ....what's the point of getting tested....whatcha gonna do about it anyway? :detective:

Well OK Uncle I'll take the debate, but remember I don't have much schooling, take my opinion as just that.

1st the testing: only if you have symptoms should one want to get tested. Why bother? Well because this virus is very contagious, we might infect others who may have a medical weakness that could make catching Covid 19 a death sentence. For example me.

Lets assume for a moment your niece comes for a visit, and perhaps her father-in-law has a case of influenza, he may also have a chronic heart condition that his family is overly concerned with yet he prefers to brush it off. If you have symptoms of Covid 19 but choose not to get tested, she comes over and mentions "uncle you're not looking your handsome self today" and you reply its nothing more than a touch of the flu, then, she speaks of Rick's dad having it as well,also how worried they are about his condition....! Then after tea she hugs you and offers up a sweet kiss on your cheek, guess what after her's or Rick's next visit to his dad...? A couple days later and he's in the hospital with influenza COVID 19, and so much fluid in his lungs they can't hear his heart rate.. And guess what this pneumonia is antibiotic resistant, true. hmm believe it or not I have been there, antibiotics worked but took a long time.

Now if this were the case would Uncle have been negligent?

Death rates of influenza: apples and oranges, I hear hospitals can function well @ 85% some say up to 110%? But unlike influenza we have no immunity built up in our systems yet, and unfortunately age and existing health conditions have lead to higher death rates with COVID 19 most of which are related to underlying conditions; you might not have them, other do tho! And that too will very across the world so the question is, how well we here on this contentment will fair compared to the EU. and Asia?

Next I read about a practice that has been discontinued since 1950, using blood from a person that has recovered from the virus. Apparently it has shown to work by introducing antibodies...hmm!

As said we cannot compare influenza to COVID 19, the benchmarks are completely different, period.

This is not a time for us to react as stubborn individuals. I personally believe we need not complain about our aches but and rather - be responsible level headed citizens for the next while if only to buy time for science to catch up!

One thing as a dad I always told my boys; want to be a real tough guy fulfill your duties and responsibilities;)

Well that's how I see it!

I may be the fool for my unwillingness to believe this is worthy of the hype / panic.

I believe the suggestions we're getting to wash, sanitize and social distance are more than adequate for the vast majority of us, and I believe that anyone not living in a cave would give the aged or ill special consideration......and that goes for colds, flue covid19, or whatever. It's common sense that when you're sick, common courtesy dictates that you give others a wide berth. I still don't understand how the testing would change that.

SO

I'm not worried, although I do the hand wash sanitize thing more than normal.

Wife is a bit concerned because she's a corporate level employee of a major grocery retailer, and she's being told that corporate people will be working in stores with the public to keep up with the demands of restocking, serving customers, and so on. All hands on deck, as they say.

I told her to use common sense, but if we get it, no biggie, we're young enough and healthy enough that it shouldn't be an issue for us.

I will say, that we do have a couple of elderly friends and we're staying away from them until this is over.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that all this hype and panic doesn't pass the smell test, but I can't imagine what it could be about, other than some sort of attempt to damage political opponents.:2cents:

The conspiracy theorist in me says that all this hype and panic doesn't pass the smell test, but I can't imagine what it could be about, other than some sort of attempt to damage political opponents.:2cents:

Both side have and likely will continue to try their best to score points, well so, that's politics. What will decide is the people.

Personally Uncle I have little respect for conspiracies brought forward with out logic or facts, its a waste of grey matter;)

Both side have and likely will continue to try their best to score points, well so, that's politics. What will decide is the people.

Personally Uncle I have little respect for conspiracies brought forward with out logic or facts, its a waste of grey matter;)

​It seems to me that ANY conspiracy would be based on logic, and supportive facts would be difficult to find.

That's why it'd be called a conspiracy and not a news story.:backinmyday:

That's why it'd be called a conspiracy and not a news story.:backinmyday:

Ooooh good one Uncle!

Like in Vanity Fair first then the Post's Woodward, Bernstein & Bradlee and of course Mark Felt in 1972?

Now that was a conspiracy proven true, and well, all consuming then and now.

OK then if not DNA, and obviously based on factual overlooked clues then by all means I'm up for it..

I just need to dust of my tin foil hat then I be back, all ears, pencil, paper and decoder ring;)

Lets agree tho not to use the term Hoax tho, K..

I have two packs of the high dollar Cottonelle, a case of water, 15# fresh frozen deer steaks, and an endless supply of well water, looking to trade for a low mile RSV or Chevy 4x4. Might throw in some country ham and bars of soap for the right one.

​How 'bout the word "scheme"?

WOW, see you have been honing your edges; that is a great choice and; will likely keep Dad off the scnt!

Game on! Now what doya think about holding this conspiracy match at Mr. Dawson's spread?

He's well stocked!!!

If we move quick enough he won't need to trade althathere listed below HmmHmm!

Sure hope he's on a septic system? Yaknow in case we run out of crap, to fill in the blanks with! We can call it a direct benefit of us being there;)

And savin the best benefit for last HE HAS DAUGHTERS! Otherwise I'd suggest we tote Carl along ;)

I have two packs of the high dollar Cottonelle, a case of water, 15# fresh frozen deer steaks, and an endless supply of well water, looking to trade for a low mile RSV or Chevy 4x4. Might throw in some country ham and bars of soap for the right one.

Plain old panic. Some dolt puts out a notice that they are going to run out of toilet paper, probably as a joke, and the sheep panic. Remember the 22 panic?

Trying to follow you Sailor, in 1922 the markets and the world was on the up tick following the end of WWI and the Great Depression..

What am I missing?

Not 1922....22 caliber. Someone put out a post that there was going to be a shortage of 22 cal ammo. The result was panic buying with people stockpiling huge amounts of 22

ammo. There never was a shortage but people created one by panic buying. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Not 1922....22 caliber. Someone put out a post that there was going to be a shortage of 22 cal ammo. The result was panic buying with people stockpiling huge amounts of 22

ammo. There never was a shortage but people created one by panic buying. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Thank God!!!!!! I thought I was suffering more brain shrinkage.......;)

Seems to me a lot of this is common sense stuff. As far as the inciting of Panic: There have been many saying the media does not control the public. So is this the media showing the sheeple how they can be controlled? I had a neighbor come over and say that there were 500 million infected in the US. My response was really? What BS. She replies they just said it on the news. Me: Their lying and to prove it there are only about 350 million people total in the US. Her response was 'You don't know nothin'. I spewed my coffee. What a waste. . . . . . Of good coffee I mean.

Plain old panic. Some dolt puts out a notice that they are going to run out of toilet paper, probably as a joke, and the sheep panic. Remember the 22 panic?

Just got back from the grocery store. TP is completely gone. Lots of other shelves are bare also. We stocked up on dog food since we have 3 guys who expect a couple of meals every day. Since this is only beginning, I will bet that the effects are going to grow.

zag

Due to the rigid controls in China the rate of infection is already falling there. I think every place that jumps on this thing right away is going to be able to control it. Our rate of infection in Canada is far lower than a lot of other places due to the health controls we already had in place.

As of yesterday and according to alberta.gov.ca there are 56 positive cases, Canada has 321 cases. Less than 9000 tests have been recorded. Ontario is running low on test kits!? Strange I think as they know better after the SARS experience.

Now I realize Carl is having all his Harem tested before he grants them permission to visit so I get there exists an additional Strain an the system; but due to the density of their cities I would expect a better prepared leadership?

from our .gov.ca

"On March 15, 17 new cases were confirmed in Alberta. More concerning, 2 of the recently identified cases seem to have been acquired through community spread from an unknown source, and 7 cases occurred as a result of a single gathering in the Calgary area.

We're now moving forward with more aggressive measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta."

And so within this fog of chaos the tides begin to turn..hmm

""We know the Chinese government censor both the traditional media and the social media very, very tightly," Tsang said. "And practically nothing that the Chinese government terms unacceptable will be allowed to stay for any period of time. So if something stays, it's because it has been allowed to stay."

A new conspiracy is coming to our shores. With the above comment in mind it likely appears that it will be said that the U.S. is or was ground zero. Hmm

Well all we can do is view this freshly dyed linen blow in the coming winds.

If China does persist to blame others for ground zero thru the use of conspiracy theories, asking the accused to disprove the accusations without presenting any science based facts and then, persist on this course of (saving face) we fight a common enemy without them.

If you watch the clip on the video what is missing at the moment is the history of those cases that have tested positive to COVID 19 post-mortem. For example, when did they contract and succumb to the virus? Why then was the epicenter in Wuhan Province first, and then the EU?

Unless this infectious disease was intentional I wonder if we need to distract from current events.

Way too much manipulation in every moment of every day, these days.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-chinese-official-suggests-u-s-army-blame-outbreak-n1157826?cid=referral_taboolafeed

Bars of soap?????get going Patch,, your chance of a lifetime!!!