IGNORED

Holy Crap, is this tempting!

grubsie

that is one beautiful bike congratulations :parrots::080402gudl_prv::fingers-crossed-emo

I haven’t done it yet. They’re calling me Tuesday morning for an answer, I’ll either put a deposit on it then or bow out. The wife says buy it, I’m on the fence. They’re closed Monday, I can’t go until Wednesday. Bike with tax, title, license, fees out the door is $13,700 based on KY taxes. The 07 only has 61000 on the clock and only costs gas n tires to ride. I can buy lots of gas for 13,700. It’s a holdover, not used so full warranty. Decisions Decisions!!!!!

Not gonna say much for resale is it? But still a nice bike for the price. I paid around 10k for the Victory I cant count how many years back now. Then Polaris disconues the line and prices dropped. But I never buy anything based on what resale "might" be.

I haven’t done it yet. They’re calling me Tuesday morning for an answer, I’ll either put a deposit on it then or bow out. The wife says buy it, I’m on the fence. They’re closed Monday, I can’t go until Wednesday. Bike with tax, title, license, fees out the door is $13,700 based on KY taxes. The 07 only has 61000 on the clock and only costs gas n tires to ride. I can buy lots of gas for 13,700. It’s a holdover, not used so full warranty. Decisions Decisions!!!!!

I'm glad I found it and posted here if you do get it. There is no way I could get my wife to agree to me buying that with my recent purchase of a 2015 Harley Ultra Limited. Else-wise, you never would have seen the post and it would be in my barn already. The older we get, less tolerance my wife is getting for my shenanigans.

I'm glad I found it and posted here if you do get it. There is no way I could get my wife to agree to me buying that with my recent purchase of a 2015 Harley Ultra Limited. Else-wise, you never would have seen the post and it would be in my barn already. The older we get, less tolerance my wife is getting for my shenanigans.

My first impulse was to just buy it over the phone today. The more I think about it I really don’t need it. I’m a major technophobe and that bike is loaded with technology. Barring a major component breakdown I can fix my 07 on the road with a few tools, not so when you need a computer/scanner to diagnose it. I like the V4 water cooled engine and you can’t beat an RSV seat so I’m probably gonna pass. The money won’t break me but I just bought a Jeep last week and we’re starting a new house next month so the $$ can be better spent elsewhere. I haven’t told the wife yet so we’ll see how that goes.

Jeep= “Just Empty Every Pocket” My son bought an 07 with a new motor for decent money. Has a few issues. Steering box was puking fluid. No problem a new rebuilt box was only $225 exchange. Both axle seals are leaking, oh yea they are the Dana type you pull axles and have to press bearing on and off axles so only $100 a side to fix plus labor. And did I mention he is about as mechanically inclined as a door knob? Hope you enjoy the Jeep. We all find stuff to spend money on, thats what keeps the economy going.

I’m still in the cowpuc camp on these but dang it’s tempting.

Scroll down on this page.

https://www.loganmotorcyclesales.net/

My first impulse was to just buy it over the phone today. The more I think about it I really don’t need it. I’m a major technophobe and that bike is loaded with technology. Barring a major component breakdown I can fix my 07 on the road with a few tools, not so when you need a computer/scanner to diagnose it. I like the V4 water cooled engine and you can’t beat an RSV seat so I’m probably gonna pass. The money won’t break me but I just bought a Jeep last week and we’re starting a new house next month so the $$ can be better spent elsewhere. I haven’t told the wife yet so we’ll see how that goes.

RATSSSSSSSSS.. Again,, DOUBLE RATSSSSSSSSS!!! When I first read this thread a couple days ago (was out of town,, could not respond) I had my fingers crossed that Mom Yam had discovered some left over late production (no soft thrust washers) 1985, 1st Gen MK1's still brand new and in the crate and were offing them for 12 grand a pop. For one of those I would DEFINITELY pull out my Yamaha fun money that has been sitting in the cookie jar since we got back from the unveiling of the new release Venture at Americade and beat foot it to Logan Motorcycles even though my long distance touring days are done.. Hear me Mom Yam,, I am still inlove with the mighty V-4 and would DEFINITELY,, in a heart beat,, grab a brand new left over of one of those 1st Gen Mk1's.. I would also still be interested in one of the new ones IF you would just go back into our clubs wish list archives and take another stab at the new line using our clubs thoughts in design this time,, you could rename the V-Twin Venture to "Star Transcontental" and even reporpouse the Venture name back to the V-4 line:173: .

I still happen to be of the opinion that Mom Yam just happened to listen to the wrong group of designers (the V-Twin Star Group = YES,, that really did happen,, I actually met the group from the Star Riders at Americade who Yamaha chose to design the bike ) when she was thinking of the new Venture and that is one of the reasons the bike has been such a disaster sales wise - perhaps there just was not enough bikers in the Star Rider orginization interested in full blown touring to exact the sales needed to support the bike. In all truth though, I still think Mom Yam actually read thru our clubs "wish list" thread I mentioned above and decided to do exactly the opposite of what the faithful V-4 Yamaha Venture Riders here in our club had suggested all the way down to choosing tire sizes for the new bike (have any of you reread that thread lately? Remember the suggestion back then to PLEASE choose tire sizes that will allow the rider/owner as large of selection of tire sources? For a fact,, our club "wish list thread" was a Yamaha corporate design engineers gold mind IMHO -all they had to do was copy the list and start designing and,, as they old saying says,, had they of built it - we would have been there.

On the same token though,, rereading that ad by Logan's and knowing now that it's not some photo chop shop job but is 100% FOR REAL = 12 grand for a $25000 msrp brand new left over 2018 Yamaha touring bike with a full 1 year factory warranty and an extended warranty of 4 years (personally never met an extended warranty I really trusted but I have always heard great things about Yamaha standing behind their bikes and totally supporting their warranties) :scared:, I can see why this latest thinning of the herd price point would draw attention. If it were my money though and I was even remotely thinking of going back to touring on an air cooled, belt driven bike (and I am not, my touring days are finished) I would still be looking at HD.. The industry is saturated beyond belief in the air cooled, V-Twin market so even HD is taking it on the chin (lot of jockeying around in all manufactures) so a person can really get some great deals on a HD too. Indeed,, this new pricing is awesome but - like it or not,, HD still has the aftermarket sewn up, their nation wide dealership circuit is second to none and WOWZY,, the factory performance parts selection is second to none (HD has a screamin eagle performance catalog that dwarfs most OEM accessory catalogs exponenially and that is just hard parts) and parts are still available (lots of chatter out there of parts from off shore OEM's getting scarce).

I KNOW I am bull headed but I still think,, in the end,, if Mom Yam would have really came thru by fulfilling her marketing words of "we are building a bike that is going to turn the touring world upside down" and a full blown touring bike,, one with a 190 horse, water cooled, shaft drive 1700cc injected V-4 sucking air thru fully functional air scoops designed with the looks of non-functional ones on the new model it would have been bye bye time for Beemer, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris and even given HD headaches over the sales the new Yam coulda/woulda brought down.. :missingtooth:

Thanks for summons @RDawson,, I always enjoy a good :witch_brew:

Speaking of the new Venture Corp Newkirk,, here is short video of your ol lop eared varmint buddy interviewing a Yamaha Dealership owner just outside of Lake George on the way out to Americade back in '17 for the unveiling.. Thought you might enjoy this: P.S,, if you do decide to go grab one of the new ones for 12 grand = :scared:CONGRATS!!!! Also,, I have a small favor to ask of you when/if you get one.. It involves doing some torque testing in high gear in comparison to Tweeks,, our old beat up sticker covered 1200cc MK1.. I have a video of us on the way home today doing some comparo' myth busting riding. I may need your help with this one if you end up with the new model. I will be posting our test video up soon in its own thread,, keep an eye out for it!! Now here is that Americade interview if you have never seen it:

Jeep= “Just Empty Every Pocket” My son bought an 07 with a new motor for decent money. Has a few issues. Steering box was puking fluid. No problem a new rebuilt box was only $225 exchange. Both axle seals are leaking, oh yea they are the Dana type you pull axles and have to press bearing on and off axles so only $100 a side to fix plus labor. And did I mention he is about as mechanically inclined as a door knob? Hope you enjoy the Jeep. We all find stuff to spend money on, thats what keeps the economy going.

I like the Jeep acronym. I didn’t buy an off-road unit, it’s a low mileage 15 Cherokee. I bought one new in 18 for the wife and my youngest fell in love with it. She is starting college in a couple weeks 4 hrs from home and it was time to upgrade her car. I’m a firm believer a 16yo needs what I consider a disposable car, they usually get torn up anyway. Hers was an 08 Avenger that she took good care of so we got her something newer and nicer.

I’d love to help with the testing @cowpuc but as good as the deal is I’m gonna pass on it. The fact I have a 13 year old bike that I don’t mind riding in the rain or feel the need to keep polished up and looking showy is right up my alley. If I buy a new one I’ll worry about keeping it perfect instead of just riding. I feel the same way about my trucks, I can work em hard and earn a few scratches without hurting my feelings.

I like the Jeep acronym. I didn’t buy an off-road unit, it’s a low mileage 15 Cherokee. I bought one new in 18 for the wife and my youngest fell in love with it. She is starting college in a couple weeks 4 hrs from home and it was time to upgrade her car. I’m a firm believer a 16yo needs what I consider a disposable car, they usually get torn up anyway. Hers was an 08 Avenger that she took good care of so we got her something newer and nicer.

I’d love to help with the testing cowpuc but as good as the deal is I’m gonna pass on it. The fact I have a 13 year old bike that I don’t mind riding in the rain or feel the need to keep polished up and looking showy is right up my alley. If I buy a new one I’ll worry about keeping it perfect instead of just riding. I feel the same way about my trucks, I can work em hard and earn a few scratches without hurting my feelings.

Yep,, we are cut from the same mold brother,, must be an old school mindset or something,,, or maybe just a function over form malidy disfunction we both suffer from.. You will love this little story,,, years ago when my now M.D. Daughter was just a little blonde haired 10 year old spectacle riding on the rear seat of our 1st 1st Gen named Beeg (stands for BG or Big Girl,, what the kids named the bike they all took turns riding cross country on) and I were camped on the end of deer trail that led us to the North Rim of the Canyon.. Sitting on the rim, watching the sunset and feeling the warm air of the canyon pass between our toes she suddenly looked back at our ratty old, missing second gear Blonde 84 Royale and with great big nervous eyes asked me "daddy,, what if Beeg breaks down out here"? She was a sharp 10 year old IMHO.. I smiled and told her to listen carefully and then explained to her that unlike the high dollar bike sitting back at the dealership that own the owner/operator because of their value, if Beeg were to die and her and I could not fix her we would just take off her luggage and either push her over the edge or give her to some Indian kid who always wanted a motorcycle and hitch hike to the closest rail line to grab a ride home and start over = win/win cause Beeg did her job and we would be headed for more adventure.. Life lesson,, dont let the shine/bling of something new and high tech own you. Live within your means and discover true happiness.. She learned and is still practicing what she learned to this very day.. Me too :big-grin-emoticon:

Speaking of Jeeps Newkirk,, back in the early 70's I had a Jeep CJ5 that was and still is,, the FUNNEST cage I have ever owned.. Set of 6 = 1 headers flowing for a small cam and a little 4 barrel servicing a 258 inline to make it keep running when it hit the dune face (the stock single barrel had a float bowl mounted forward so when you hit a hill hard all the fuel in the bowl would flood the intake causing a major hesitation at just the wrong time = Murphy ya know) all bouncing around on 10 inch wheels with 14 inch Goodyear mudders to keep the little charmer on top of terra no firma sand and muck.. Sooooo much fun!!

All's well on the no can help me with the testing,, myth busting I am working on.. Still might wanna keep a weathered eye out for my latest :witch_brew: video coming soon to a watering hole near you.. You will get a kick out of it I am sure :big-grin-emoticon:

Yep,, we are cut from the same mold brother,, must be an old school mindset or something,,, or maybe just a function over form malidy disfunction we both suffer from.. You will love this little story,,, years ago when my now M.D. Daughter was just a little blonde haired 10 year old spectacle riding on the rear seat of our 1st 1st Gen named Beeg (stands for BG or Big Girl,, what the kids named the bike they all took turns riding cross country on) and I were camped on the end of deer trail that led us to the North Rim of the Canyon.. Sitting on the rim, watching the sunset and feeling the warm air of the canyon pass between our toes she suddenly looked back at our ratty old, missing second gear Blonde 84 Royale and with great big nervous eyes asked me "daddy,, what if Beeg breaks down out here"? She was a sharp 10 year old IMHO.. I smiled and told her to listen carefully and then explained to her that unlike the high dollar bike sitting back at the dealership that own the owner/operator because of their value, if Beeg were to die and her and I could not fix her we would just take off her luggage and either push her over the edge or give her to some Indian kid who always wanted a motorcycle and hitch hike to the closest rail line to grab a ride home and start over = win/win cause Beeg did her job and we would be headed for more adventure.. Life lesson,, dont let the shine/bling of something new and high tech own you. Live within your means and discover true happiness.. She learned and is still practicing what she learned to this very day.. Me too :big-grin-emoticon:

Speaking of Jeeps Newkirk,, back in the early 70's I had a Jeep CJ5 that was and still is,, the FUNNEST cage I have ever owned.. Set of 6 = 1 headers flowing for a small cam and a little 4 barrel servicing a 258 inline to make it keep running when it hit the dune face (the stock single barrel had a float bowl mounted forward so when you hit a hill hard all the fuel in the bowl would flood the intake causing a major hesitation at just the wrong time = Murphy ya know) all bouncing around on 10 inch wheels with 14 inch Goodyear mudders to keep the little charmer on top of terra no firma sand and muck.. Sooooo much fun!!

All's well on the no can help me with the testing,, myth busting I am working on.. Still might wanna keep a weathered eye out for my latest :witch_brew: video coming soon to a watering hole near you.. You will get a kick out of it I am sure :big-grin-emoticon:

Funny, all my kids had a disposable car as their first. My daughter had a Saturn SC2 coupe that was a salvage title. My nephew pulled 2 from a junk yard to rebuild it. She drove it until she was out of college, the roof liner was falling and she'd put a quart of oil in it every month or 2. Drove it from Central MI to Chicago, NYC and FL a few times. Her friends called it the "Purple Mile Eater". My oldes son had a jeep wrangler I picked up from a friend who was going to trade it in. He sold it to me for the low ball price they wanted at the dealership just to piss them off. He sold it while he was in the army. No Accidents so far for the kids. My youngest son was a different story. I found a 1996 Chevy Cavalier convertible and you would think that would qualify. Here's the catch, it had been modified as a low rider and actually appeared in Low Rider Magazine for a Phenix AZ tour. This thing had mirrors under the hood, even some of the engine area and underbody suspension was chromed, Daytona single knock spoke rims on adapters a white ghost paint job and was actually a pretty little car. I got it for under 3K. We put some work into it like putting seat belts back in it and he was on the road. Did well for 2 years then he said someone cut him off and when he swerved to miss them he hit the curb. We all that chrome work underneath was messed up bad and it just wasn't worth getting it back to where it was. I got 4600 from the insurance company because I had paid for a little extra insurance. I used that and got him a high mileage Lexus for 3K. Cool I'm up about $500 after all the work on the Cavalier. What does he do - throws a rod trying to do a burn out. I went and found the biggest POS for under a grand. Anyone could out run that thing let alone worry about him doing that. Never bought him another one after that.

Steven Car.jpg

Funny, all my kids had a disposable car as their first. My daughter had a Saturn SC2 coupe that was a salvage title. My nephew pulled 2 from a junk yard to rebuild it. She drove it until she was out of college, the roof liner was falling and she'd put a quart of oil in it every month or 2. Drove it from Central MI to Chicago, NYC and FL a few times. Her friends called it the "Purple Mile Eater". My oldes son had a jeep wrangler I picked up from a friend who was going to trade it in. He sold it to me for the low ball price they wanted at the dealership just to piss them off. He sold it while he was in the army. No Accidents so far for the kids. My youngest son was a different story. I found a 1996 Chevy Cavalier convertible and you would think that would qualify. Here's the catch, it had been modified as a low rider and actually appeared in Low Rider Magazine for a Phenix AZ tour. This thing had mirrors under the hood, even some of the engine area and underbody suspension was chromed, Daytona single knock spoke rims on adapters a white ghost paint job and was actually a pretty little car. I got it for under 3K. We put some work into it like putting seat belts back in it and he was on the road. Did well for 2 years then he said someone cut him off and when he swerved to miss them he hit the curb. We all that chrome work underneath was messed up bad and it just wasn't worth getting it back to where it was. I got 4600 from the insurance company because I had paid for a little extra insurance. I used that and got him a high mileage Lexus for 3K. Cool I'm up about $500 after all the work on the Cavalier. What does he do - throws a rod trying to do a burn out. I went and found the biggest POS for under a grand. Anyone could out run that thing let alone worry about him doing that. Never bought him another one after that.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119315

Both of mine did well with their first ones. They were decent looking cars but mechanically sound. The oldest wrecked her college car breaking her back. I rebuilt it and a drunk hit it parked in a lot and totaled it. I got her a two year old Nissan with a rebuilt title from a deer hit she’s been driving for 5 years. I hope I’m done buying them cars. One’s about done with med school and the other is starting in aerospace engineering so they should be able to afford nicer ones than I’ll buy anyway.

Both of mine did well with their first ones. They were decent looking cars but mechanically sound. The oldest wrecked her college car breaking her back. I rebuilt it and a drunk hit it parked in a lot and totaled it. I got her a two year old Nissan with a rebuilt title from a deer hit she’s been driving for 5 years. I hope I’m done buying them cars. One’s about done with med school and the other is starting in aerospace engineering so they should be able to afford nicer ones than I’ll buy anyway.

She ok now brother? I spent a year in a body cast after fracturing L5 at the Sacrium.. Blew out the facia joints that hold the spine in check and the L5 was hanging onto the Sacrium by less than 1/4 of an inch.. Parallized from the waste down. I still have drop foot (have a "captain america" brace) and pain issues (sciatica) but came out really well cause after 5 surgeries an extremely talented Neuro Surgeon had me back on my feet and now playing with my grandkids like there is no tomorrow.. Is your daughter now thinking Neurology since dealing with her situation? Dealing with all that was a HUGE eye opener for me of the "needs" in our medical fields for doctors who really care.. Tell your daughter Grandpa Puc is mighty proud of her ambitions:clap2:! Tell the other the same:clap2:,,, nothing wrong with areospace engineering except it takes a whole lot more brain umphh than I ever had!! :hurts:

She ok now brother? I spent a year in a body cast after fracturing L5 at the Sacrium.. Blew out the facia joints that hold the spine in check and the L5 was hanging onto the Sacrium by less than 1/4 of an inch.. Parallized from the waste down. I still have drop foot (have a "captain america" brace) and pain issues (sciatica) but came out really well cause after 5 surgeries an extremely talented Neuro Surgeon had me back on my feet and now playing with my grandkids like there is no tomorrow.. Is your daughter now thinking Neurology since dealing with her situation? Dealing with all that was a HUGE eye opener for me of the "needs" in our medical fields for doctors who really care.. Tell your daughter Grandpa Puc is mighty proud of her ambitions:clap2:! Tell the other the same:clap2:,,, nothing wrong with areospace engineering except it takes a whole lot more brain umphh than I ever had!! :hurts:

Oh yeah, she’s fine. It was a compression fracture in the lumbar area, dont remember which one. I crushed two in the same area 34 years ago. I can tell her it’ll be a bit painful when she’s my age 😬😬😬. She’s thinking of Ortho surgery or emergency right now, she just finished her neuro rotation and really enjoyed pediatric neuro. I don’t think I could handle working with kids in that situation, it takes a special person. She’ll pick her residency next year. Thanks for asking about her.