IGNORED

My daughters death on 8/30/2019

mid life crisis

Hey guys just wanted to share this with you. My only child, my daughter Hanna was killed this past Friday night in Charlotte NC, She was out with some friends celebrating a friends birthday, when they made a U turn (legally) and a Yamaha R1 running 125 mph in downtown Charlotte, hit the back passenger side door where she was sitting, and running all the way through the back seat to the other rear door, killing all three in the back seat. The guy that hit them was 22 also, and had temp tags on the bike because he'd just wrecked his other one!

My daughter was 22 years old, had everything great going for her! She went to school for orthodontics, and was just hired Friday for a job she'd wanted so so bad in orthodontics. She was to move into her new apartment the next day. My last words to her was I'd see her tomorrow at 3:00 to move her in. But instead of moving her at 3:00, I was picking out her casket exactly at 3:00.

We were best friends and buddys. Everyone said if you seen one you seen the other! She got to ride on my Venture I had just bought for the first time a week ago. I put her helmet in the casket with her, because it will never be worn by anyone else, It had a sticker on the back that said, "My Dads Biker Buddy". She was extremely well known and loved by many. There was over 400 came through the visitation Tuesday night!

The ONLY thing that I can get positive from this is, she died instantly and didn't experience any pain. She was so happy getting her new job that day, getting her new apartment, and being out with her friends. I just do NOT know how I am going to be able to carry on without her. She was my life. If I do survive, I don't know if I can throw a leg over a bike again or not! You raise your child to be careful in everything they do, and SHE WAS!! But who would EVER think their child would be killed in a back seat of a car, by a MOTORCYCLE!!

Probably the last time you'll ever hear from me on here! Be safe guys!!

We are so sorry to hear this. We've never lost a child but know friends and family that experienced this devastating circumstance. It is painful to say the least to even think of this happening. Lean on faith family, faith and friends.

God bless

• Like 1

I cant even imagine this sort of thing, so very sorry for your loss. I have a daughter about her age, but I still respect that I'm not able to grasp where you must be.

I can hear your pain and I have never had a more sincere regret that there is probably nothing I can say or do to help. I'm with Don though, might not be a bad idea to guide your actions according to what would closest honor how she would like you to proceed. Please don't rule out talking to a professional about this, at least friends and family. I'm sending you all the positive energy that I possibly can.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss and share in your grief my brother.. Hanna sounds like she was an amazing person with the type of relationship with her Dad that so many only dream of. Please know you, your family and the families of the others who also suffered the loss of family members at such a young age are in my prayers.. Good thing our loving God can hear prayers from the heart cause I am speachless in sorrow here my friend..

PRAYERS UP BROTHER,, PRAYERS UP!

Puc

So very sad for this tragedy and your loss. My prayers are with you and your family, she sounds like a great kid we lost. Be proud of getting her to this point of her life, sounds like you did great as parents. Pray to the Lord for help and guidance, I'm sure he has a plan.

A 'hammer blow' is what crossed my mind,,,, wow, what a hurt you must be going through. May you, through all your sorrow and tears, be able to find the comfort that passes all understanding. Now is the time that you need family and friends that surround and support you, so don't leave us, maybe in some little way we can be of support for you.

I remember some years ago one of members lost her husband, she was devastated, totally lost as you would be right now. She stayed with us and had much dialogue through her tears and eventually some joys. We did not abandon her and we won't abandon you either.

A horrible life altering loss that most of us can not even imagine. You are in my thoughts and prayers

As others have said, you did a great job as a parent and as such must have so many great memories. Please don't back away from life, other family if you have any and friends. This is an unbelievable dark time in your life and you should not be alone. As one had suggested even some professional help or group sessions with others who have lost children will help with coping skills so you can get back some of those beautiful memories of your daughter, and live a good productive life for her and in her honour.

Know that many of us here at VentureRiders are sending you our strength, thoughts and prayers.

I can't even imagine the grief you're going through, and I've lost 2 of mine. Such a tragedy.. It'll be hard getting on with life, but just be thankful of the good times you and your daughter had. That's something other folks never experience. The next time you take off on your bike, take her with you in your great memories. Peace and love be with your family...

Hey guys just wanted to share this with you. My only child, my daughter Hanna was killed this past Friday night in Charlotte NC, She was out with some friends celebrating a friends birthday, when they made a U turn (legally) and a Yamaha R1 running 125 mph in downtown Charlotte, hit the back passenger side door where she was sitting, and running all the way through the back seat to the other rear door, killing all three in the back seat. The guy that hit them was 22 also, and had temp tags on the bike because he'd just wrecked his other one!

My daughter was 22 years old, had everything great going for her! She went to school for orthodontics, and was just hired Friday for a job she'd wanted so so bad in orthodontics. She was to move into her new apartment the next day. My last words to her was I'd see her tomorrow at 3:00 to move her in. But instead of moving her at 3:00, I was picking out her casket exactly at 3:00.

We were best friends and buddys. Everyone said if you seen one you seen the other! She got to ride on my Venture I had just bought for the first time a week ago. I put her helmet in the casket with her, because it will never be worn by anyone else, It had a sticker on the back that said, "My Dads Biker Buddy". She was extremely well known and loved by many. There was over 400 came through the visitation Tuesday night!

The ONLY thing that I can get positive from this is, she died instantly and didn't experience any pain. She was so happy getting her new job that day, getting her new apartment, and being out with her friends. I just do NOT know how I am going to be able to carry on without her. She was my life. If I do survive, I don't know if I can throw a leg over a bike again or not! You raise your child to be careful in everything they do, and SHE WAS!! But who would EVER think their child would be killed in a back seat of a car, by a MOTORCYCLE!!

Probably the last time you'll ever hear from me on here! Be safe guys!!

I am deeply sorry for your loss its not supposed to happen this way .

We are supposed to outlive our children and life is not fair sometimes for the best of us.

I do cherish the time I took my Daughter for a weekend trip for her 21st birthday on the Venture, I will never forget the memories we made.

Remember the times you had with her keep them close to heart and maybe you can find solace out on the open road someday.....