IGNORED

A message from Ponch

Freebird

Those of you who have been around for a while will remember our friend Ponch. For those who don't know him, he used to be a very active member here and is a great guy. He had a bad motorcycle accident a few years ago and doesn't get on here any longer. He actually had a stroke while riding his RSV. You may have run across some of his old posts as he was the one who used to make and sell the kits to replace the tape decks on the RSV with gauges.

I sent him a Merry Christmas text today and let him know that he is not forgotten here and is missed. I also reminded him that he had a complimentary lifetime membership here and he should stop by and say hello. He asked me to say hello to all of you but here it is in his own words and a picture of our friend Ponch.

"Thanks so much for this text. I was in a doctors office & couldn't reply right away.

I think of the VR family quite often. Kbay (Kregerdoodle) is about the only one I have regular contact with. We get to see Brad & Lonna & Perry & Molly occasionally.

My memory (since the stroke) is so bad, that I can't remember passwords. I can't see well enough understand the website anyhoo.

I haven't driven anything (w/ a motor) in over 5 years. I can live w/o 4 or 6 wheels, but, without 2 is hard to deal with!

Please tell everyone for me that I appreciate them all.

Later, Ponch"

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11a5.jpg

Glad to hear your still around and kicking Ponch. I hope despite all that is not so nice that you still have a very Merry Christmas and happy new year. And just so you know you may not be arround but you surely are not forgotten your name always comes up now and again specially at some of the Rallies.

I met Ponch and Lil'bit in Cody. During the Chili cook off, while I was down at the last Cabin deep in conversation with Erv about guitars, one of the guys came up and said I'd better go check out my RSV up by cabin#1. I thought it might have gone down. So off I went and found the tank and seat completely removed, and Ponch running the wiring for my new Tach. I had it mounted, but didn't have time to wire it in. Thanks to Ponch I had rpm's on the way home.... Miss him....

What a great post! So glad to hear from him and with the picture. And for you passing it alone. Yep miss him and Lil'bit great folks to visit with and Ponch was such a techno on these bikes. He helped me a bunch when I first got mine. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great new year :-)

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,,, how time fly's!! Hi Ponch - GREAT to see/read your name here again brother!! As already mentioned many times over, you are FAR from forgotten my friend!! You get a chance and are able to do so, IMHO, you should take full advantage of the life time membership Freebird has assigned you and get in here and :stickpoke::stickpoke: some of these lop eared varmints when your able!!!

Puc

PS - THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS BOSS!!:happy34: Made my day!!!:sun1:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update, Don. I have thought a lot about Ponch since his accident and have often wondered how he was doing. Glad to see that he is on the right side of the grass and doing as well as can be expected.

I miss his posts and the great input he had here on the forum. I was also a gauge customer of his and he was really good to work with. Any idea how I can get another gauge set?

Getting old sucks.

Thanks again and pass on my wishes of good luck and happy times for Ponch and Lil'bit.

Thanks for the update, Don. I have thought a lot about Ponch since his accident and have often wondered how he was doing. Glad to see that he is on the right side of the grass and doing as well as can be expected.

I miss his posts and the great input he had here on the forum. I was also a gauge customer of his and he was really good to work with. Any idea how I can get another gauge set?

Getting old sucks.

Thanks again and pass on my wishes of good luck and happy times for Ponch and Lil'bit.

*** I am not sure if someone else has picked up and ran with the Gauge mod or not, Ponch got rid of all of parts and anything motor Cycle related awhile back. I stay in pretty close contact with them and can check if he has a template for the plate laying around next time I stop by and visit, but really don`t think so.

K

I too have been running Ponch's gauges on my bike for many years and enjoy the heck out of them.

The guy was not only helpful but down right went out of his way to make sure you were happy with his product.

I wish you all the greatest blessings possible my friend and hope that some day we meet again, till then you will be in our hearts and thoughts.

Thankful for having met Ponch in Cody

Bubber

*** I am not sure if someone else has picked up and ran with the Gauge mod or not, Ponch got rid of all of parts and anything motor Cycle related awhile back. I stay in pretty close contact with them and can check if he has a template for the plate laying around next time I stop by and visit, but really don`t think so.

K

I put his gauge set on my 03 several years ago and really love them. Next time you see Ponch just do me a favor and ask him where I can get the tach. I'll do the rest myself. Pass on a hi for me. We talked a few times when I was doing my gauge install. He is truly a great person and a tremendous asset to VR.

Thanks immensely

If anyone else knows about the tach I'll love to hear.

Thanks

Edited by SMSgt