IGNORED

Thank you for Maintenance Day

Freebird

Eileen and I want to thank all of you who attended Maintenance Day this year. I wish I was better with words because I honestly don't know how to tell you how much it means to us that so many of you take time out of your busy lives to attend this event year after year. I walk around and try to visit with as many people as I can but there is just never enough time. I hope that everybody felt welcome and that nobody felt ignored or left out.

Jonas, Greta and I were talking and he asked me if I realized what I had built with the VentureRider club and how many lives had been joined due to my efforts. I suppose he is right but I never think of it that way. It's the opposite for us. I feel so blessed that so many people have chosen to be a part of this little organization and it is MY life that is so enriched by knowing all you wonderful people. When I tried to explain that to Jonas, I felt a little silly when I found my eyes tearing up and had to stop but just know, you are much more than members of a website to Eileen and I. When you all show up for maintenance day, it feels more like a huge family reunion than anything else and we are truly blessed by your presence.

Prairiehammer and RBig stayed for an extra day to avoid some of the nasty weather and we talked about a lot of things. We got into a conversation about people having various aptitudes in life. To be honest, I'm not sure what my aptitude really is. I'm NOT especially good at website design and programming. I have often struggled for many hours on end to keep this place going when a more qualified person would likely have no problem figuring out various bugs, making changes, etc. I'm not especially good in the roll of "Master of Ceremony". I have been asked at various events to stand up and give a speech or whatever and I struggle with that. I would just as soon get things arranged and then let somebody else have the limelight.

So I honestly don't know exactly what I"m great at but I do know that I love what we, together, have built here and I thank each and every one of you for being a part of it. You are not VentureRider Members, you are VentureRider Family.

Don, you did a great thing with the site and it shows. Mike and I wish we could have come this year, but given the weather and accidents we are glad we stayed home. But next year we hope the weather stays nice and with nothing else planned maybe we can make a trip ourselves.

Thanks for the site Don, and thanks for the folks we get to call family. Funny thing is, when there is trouble in the ranks,,, who is it that sets it all straight with a few well placed letters that turn into words???? words of wisdom, love, caring and reprimanding? Not sure I'm not,,, but I thought his name was Don! Someone has been guiding you, and you have followed and done what is good.

Don - thank you for for giving this group a way to connect with each other. Like you said...VR get togethers (whether MD, the International, and even M&G) is more like a family gathering. The friendships, wealth of knowledge and willingness to go out of their way to assist each other is what makes the site special.

Don what you have accomplished with this site and your generosity is an absolutely amazing thing. You have even stepped in to calm the waters when members were at odds. I can not begin to thank you enough for what you do for us.

I know with what I've been thru since I found the 1st Gen bike and joined this group. Bluntly and honestly, my best 2nd family! Been thru bad, good and the rest. Have seen more of this country than I would have with the Internationals we have attended. Since my unfortunate (for it!) meeting with the 8 point buck on my 2nd Gen 3-1/2 years ago, you folks all came together, helped me and Rose out totally, graciously and financially. ESPECIALLY you Don with the stops you made at the hospital to check on our wherewithall during the recovery.

Like I say, means SOOO much to most of us on this site to have a world-wide family to share with!

Well you may not know what you are good at brother but I tell ya one thing,, EVERYONE who has ever spent time around this joint or attended one of your Maintenance Day things KNOWS exactly what you are good at - CREATING THE PLATFORM FOR AND MAINTAINING THE FAMILINESS THAT VR IS KNOWN FOR!! I think Jonas and Gretta hit the nail on the head Don,, their words that they shared are EXACTLY the way it is my friend!

You and Eileen are AMAZING individuals! Like most folks on here, I have been involved in many websites forums and can honestly say - what you folks have done with all of this is beyond imagination and I for one am thankful to God himself for allowing me the privilage and honor to be associated with you two and all the GREAT family members that are found throughout this wonderful family!!

Don and Eileen - THANK YOU for opening your home (still not sure that I am good with the one and only rule you had - you know,, the one that made all us guys use the porta potty and the women got to use the house potty,, I think to be fair the next time around you should switch that around:big-grin-emoticon:) and giving me such a perfect chance to get to know more of the dynamite members/VR family at Maintenance Day - what a fabulous time that was and all because of you two and your love for your fellow man!! THANKS for all you do and all you have done Don and Eileen!! Man that was FUN!!

My face feels like it is stuck in a :scared:after that one!! YOU FOLKS GOT IT GOING ON BROTHER!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::You_Rock_Emoticon::ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_thy-vi101212101

Puc

Don, thank YOU for putting on the event!!! MD is one of the best events of the year and I'm glad you have it! Your hospitality speaks volumes of your true character and I'm grateful to have met you!! You have created a family here with the same traits as you, friendly, giving and most of all caring!

THANK YOU & EILEEN for having us, year after year. Glad you haven't tired of us yet.:) We really enjoy visiting you two, and getting to see all of our friends again. We prefer to camp, because it maximizes our time there. You guys have such a beautiful place and you maintain it so well. Looking forward to next year. Come see us.:happy34:

Don and Eileen what everyone has said in the above posts ring so true. I can't add anything else but do know I'm another very thankful member who is grateful for your efforts running this website and what you do to host a MD. Sorry I didn't make it this year, 2nd time I've missed one in all these years you've sponsored one too.

God Bless you and Eileen

Larry

Like others have said, a big heartfelt THANKS for all you do.

I feel like I'm part of a family here.....Such great people.....Lotsa good Karma....and this site that you've created is what brought it all together. Sometimes good things are ready to just fall into place, it just takes the right person at the right time to take the initiative to make it happen.

That person was / is you.:happy65:

I also want to thank Eileen and Don for everything they do for us and for having MD at their beautiful home. We joined this group close to 8 years ago now. It really has changed our lives for the better. We have met wonderful friends we would have never had the opportunity to meet. I have met members from all over the world. I have chatted with members all over Canada and the US. All because of joining VentureRiders. It has been wonderful and we plan to continue for years to come.

Yama Mama