IGNORED

Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the confirmation call from my dealer...my SVTC will be ready to deliver at 11:00 am tomorrow.

Gee..do you think, there is even a chance that I might be late...getting there! :)

This has been a topsy-turvy thingamabob purchase of a new ride, since October, but all's well, that end's well.

Thanks to all forum members that encouraged me to hang in there, and not cancel my sales contract!

Thanks, all! Happy safe rides this Summer! "Ride..always, to ride again"

Joe

Just got the confirmation call from my dealer...my SVTC will be ready to deliver at 11:00 am tomorrow.

Gee..do you think, there is even a chance that I might be late...getting there! :)

This has been a topsy-turvy thingamabob purchase of a new ride, since October, but all's well, that end's well.

Thanks to all forum members that encouraged me to hang in there, and not cancel my sales contract!

Thanks, all! Happy safe rides this Summer! "Ride..always, to ride again"

Joe

Joe, I’m not worried about you being late but have they “ok’d your “accommodations” for this evening and your INEVITABLE sleeping bag in front of their door? ROFLMBO!!

Im truly exited for you! I’ll also make sure to offer up prayers of Thanksgiving on behalf of your wife as she FINALLY gets some peace once again!

Joe, I’m not worried about you being late but have they “ok’d your “accommodations” for this evening and your INEVITABLE sleeping bag in front of their door? ROFLMBO!!

I'm truly exited for you! I’ll also make sure to offer up prayers of Thanksgiving on behalf of your wife as she FINALLY gets some peace once again!

\

THAT...was funny! I'm just going to be sure to be way east of Toronto tomorrow morn by at least 6:30 am. Toronto is a BEAR for gridlock anything after 7:30 am...if you want to get across the city...well...good luck...I hope you packed a lunch, lol. Yep...she has already thanked the Big Guy many times, for she no longer will see me talking to myself...muttering around the house...banging into walls, so self absorbed. Yep...she just wants me to pack on those break in babies...so she can slip a leg over Charlotte as well!

Many great trips and adventures all ready being talked about...and the planning has started!

Cheers my friend, happy trails for your trip you recently posted you are going on. It sounds like it will be a blast!

Joe

\

THAT...was funny! I'm just going to be sure to be way east of Toronto tomorrow morn by at least 6:30 am. Toronto is a BEAR for gridlock anything after 7:30 am...if you want to get across the city...well...good luck...I hope you packed a lunch, lol. Yep...she has already thanked the Big Guy many times, for she no longer will see me talking to myself...muttering around the house...banging into walls, so self absorbed. Yep...she just wants me to pack on those break in babies...so she can slip a leg over Charlotte as well!

Many great trips and adventures all ready being talked about...and the planning has started!

Cheers my friend, happy trails for your trip you recently posted you are going on. It sounds like it will be a blast!

Joe

Going on a short trip to Pennsylvania on Wednesday to see a long time friend for a few days. He lives near Amish country and it’s real pretty riding. We served together in the Navy. He hasn’t seen “Big Red” in person, only pics. He has an HD Ultra Glide and keeps talking about getting a Goldwing but he hasn’t been able to test ride the Venture he could only look at it. I think I’m gonna screw up his plans and let him ride the SVTC for a bit. That outta shut him up!

I picked up my SVTC today...and had a great first ride bringing her home. I have to activate the Nav, tomorrow...but man...what a sweet bike!

Now...more riding, than typing, lol!

Cheer's all!

Wait a cotton pickin minute here!!!

What the heck???

YPE is a yapper. That brother has been yappin, yappin, yappin for weeks now, waiting on this new ride. Gettin us all fired up and excited for him. He finally takes delivery of it, and this is all we get???

Well, I’ll be........

Wait a cotton pickin minute here!!!

What the heck???

YPE is a yapper. That brother has been yappin, yappin, yappin for weeks now, waiting on this new ride. Gettin us all fired up and excited for him. He finally takes delivery of it, and this is all we get???

Well, I’ll be........

LOL...well, it was late in the day...I was tired...got her safely to bed...and this morning...she gets the 'Joe Treatment'...a good wash...and then 163 pounds of Mother's wax 'n' roll. Then..I'll post some pics...got to say, she looooooooks grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! As for the ride home....wow...this bike rocks. Smooth, powerful...and of course, I can't take her over 2,300 RPM....so was grateful that I could pop 65 coming home on the highway, but still be around 2,000, for she is a long stride in 6th!

Wheres the pics? If there are no pics it didn't happen.

Pics coming...but only after a good wash and wax...so you see her best side, lol! She wouldn't have it any other way....

Seriously though...I made a good choice for the both of us. My wife, almost passed out when I got it home....the first words from her....man, is that one HUGE bike...Hon...it looks larger than our Gold Wing. Well guess what? It is...I had to move some things around the garage, to get her in...where before that was the space for the Goldwing. She's longer and wider. I had to make some room along those planes, lol. Not a gargantuan amount...but still I couldn't just run her in....

Here's one just after I got home....and wanted to capture the lower wind deflectors. She is a beaut! The dealer did a great job installing all the rest of what I ordered. You can also see the metallic brake pedal, that I wanted over just the pole that comes standard.

20180508_144748_1_.jpg.png

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Pics coming...but only after a good wash and wax...so you see her best side, lol! She wouldn't have it any other way....

Seriously though...I made a good choice for the both of us. My wife, almost passed out when I got it home....the first words from her....man, is that one HUGE bike...Hon...it looks larger than our Gold Wing. Well guess what? It is...I had to move some things around the garage, to get her in...where before that was the space for the Goldwing. She's longer and wider. I had to make some room along those planes, lol. Not a gargantuan amount...but still I couldn't just run her in....

Here's one just after I got home....and wanted to capture the lower wind deflectors. She is a beaut! The dealer did a great job installing all the rest of what I ordered. You can also see the metallic brake pedal, that I wanted over just the pole that comes standard.

https://s9.postimg.cc/pblvivtv3/20180508_144748_1_.jpg.png

I didn’t get the lower wings because to me, it looks like they may get in the way of highway pegs.

I didn’t get the lower wings because to me, it looks like they may get in the way of highway pegs.

I agree,, I still think if Mom Yam woulda made the entire vent/grill/jet intake looking lowers functional instead of just a couple of the lower vents at the very bottom of each one operatable so only your feet are getting air thru, she could have completely avoided the need for air deflectors for heat management. As it is, you are really short of options for that purpose as the lowers are not detachable..

https://s9.postimg.cc/pblvivtv3/20180508_144748_1_.jpg.png

Looks great Joe! Is that the billet brake pedal that Yamaha offers? Can you stretch out past it with your heel still on the board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6' 3", and man, got to tell you...I have tons of forward and backward room to move my feet, and angle of my knees..etc. I will NEVER go back to the Goldwing peg...and that has your legs tucked slightly behind you. THIS...WOW...(first time ever experienced) is sitting in luxury, in the feet forward riding position! It's like I have my favorite fishing rod before me...bobbing in the water...in the fisherman's dance (one JERK, waiting on the other JERK, at the end of the line) and you are just...relaxing....enjoying....CRUISING....(gee, scratching head...NOW I know why they call these bikes; Cruisers. Oh, I'm such a genius~!)

Paint quirks aside...I LOVE THIS BIKE!

"I don't need no stinkin' highway pegs...!!!" You sure do, on a Goldwing! :)

Joe

By the way Yamster,,, :scared: WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!!! That Charlotte is drop dead GORGEOUS!!!! MAJOR congrats!!:thumbsup:

Thank's Puc...had a blast on the ride home.

BTW, I really believe that you and Tippy were entering the Highway and roll on...in Tour Mode. Trust me, there is a world of 'get 'er done' between relaxed mapped Tour and zippydeedodah Sport! A world of difference, Pawdner.! Now GiddeeUp and bring those steers in, 'fore supper!

Edited by YamahaParExcellence