IGNORED

New Goldwing

etcswjoe

200/55-16 rear tire? Isnt that that $575 tire like on the new Venture?:scared::thumbdown:
I didn't fact check Puc but I think the Yamaharley has a 17" rear tire which puts it into the rarefied exclusivity jet set only club.

The new Wing has an 833 lb curb weight and they didn't have to lose the shaft to get there and it looks more like a motor bike than a two wheeled car. Vast improvement... kudos to Honda.

Edited by camos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Bike! Lower weight! Better fuel economy! No fork seals to replace! Going from a 2 valve engine to a 4 valve engine and still made it lighter and rumored to have more hp! I'm lusting! Looks like the improved Gen 1 we were hoping from Yamaha.

If I had won that multi million dollar lottery a while back, I would seriously buy all of our club members in good standing a new Wing so we could give Mom Yam a :rasberry: like she did us :witch_brew::stickpoke::crackup:.. :7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:

Notice there are only 9 new Wings above? That represents the 9 club members that I can recall when I think real hard who are in good standing and who would actually get one of the new ones.. :15_8_211[1]:

:big-grin-emoticon:

Like it :parrots:

Me too brother but,, when ya think about it,,, a guy could buy a LOT of hot dogs for the cover charge at the entrance door of getting to be part of that party!!:scared:

Not saying it's out of line with Yam, HD, Polaris or who ever but still,,, WOWZY,,, thats a LOT of hot dogs!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Me too brother but,, when ya think about it,,, a guy could buy a LOT of hot dogs for the cover charge at the entrance door of getting to be part of that party!!:scared:

Not saying it's out of line with Yam, HD, Polaris or who ever but still,,, WOWZY,,, thats a LOT of hot dogs!!:big-grin-emoticon:

I would say the same comment could have been applied to the price of the gen 1 Venture in 1983. With decent 1st gen Ventures still available and for a mere pittance it is a wonder that any new touring bikes are being developed. Of course, the toy market will always have customers willing to fork out excessive amounts of cash. The 89 I picked up a few years ago had 25,000 miles on it. Talk about a garage queen.

I would say the same comment could have been applied to the price of the gen 1 Venture in 1983. With decent 1st gen Ventures still available and for a mere pittance it is a wonder that any new touring bikes are being developed. Of course, the toy market will always have customers willing to fork out excessive amounts of cash. The 89 I picked up a few years ago had 25,000 miles on it. Talk about a garage queen.

100% right there with ya Cammy!! Being the cheapo', always enjoy yard sales and Good Will stores type of lop eared varmint that I am I can sure appreciate your find on the 89 and totally CONGRATULATE YOU brother!!

Just watched this video on the new Honda you guys.. I noticed in the specs that they decided to go with one 50mm Throttle Body to feed this new 4 valve motor and that caused me to :think: some as I know for a fact that each of the jugs on my 4 valve 1200cc 1st Gen is fed with 34mm of flow. I also noticed during the unveiling that this new one tachs out very early for what its capible of according to its stroke length of 73mm. I couldnt help but wonder early on just how much of a performance boost Mom Honda was gonna show with this one after all the smoke clears from the announcement.. I know it weighs considerably less then the pre '18 1800's which will give it a better HP/weight ratio BUT = I was really curious just how much more umph Honda realised with the new 4 valve, square bore/stroke, 1800 thinking it didnt sound like it could be that much.

In this video (below) they clearly say = 5 more ponies... That dont sound like much after all the design changes IMHO.. I am no Wing guy by any stretch of the word and, as a matter of fact,, have never had the pleasure of lining up one of my 1st Gens with an 1800 so I personally have no benchmark to work from BUT - everything I have seen/read on dyno reports, the earlier 1800's tipped the dyno curve at about 95 horse = feel free to correct that if you know better.. If that is accurate, it looks like this new one is about a 100 horse machine? Not sure, but I think the 1600 Beemer is destined to retain it's honorable control as King of the Hill for touring bike's if one is considering get up and go as a plus... Ratss,, was hoping Mom Honda was going for the title and DOG GONE IT Mom Yam,, ya coulda detuned that V-Max and,,,,,,,,, :headache:

That Wing is still a wayyyyyyyyyyy cool scoot though!! Definitely lookin forward to a possible demo ride,, with accompanying video reporting should that ever take place!! Of course,, will be looking forward to ANY of our club members doing the same!!!!!

Here is the vid from You Tube with the stated HP:

Edited by cowpuc