IGNORED

Bummer

saddlebum

Dr told me premature disinagration of bone material from too much exposure to sound level decibals of certian frequencies. Told me most probable source would be standing in front of someone with a pension towards speechafying. Said I best stand behind you from now on, instead of facing you. Heck I was surprised he even knew you.

Way too funny :)

As I've mention in past posts I had an encounter with a misplaced fire hydrant lots of years ago.

A couple years back my knee just started kicking out without warning when turning to my left, my shin and all attached would head outward away from the direction of my thigh. I went to my chiro and started laser and ultrasound treatments. By the fourth one I began feeling the effort was paying off and after 6 my leg staid firm, 2 more treatments and at least 3 years later all is still well other than the meniscus which from time to time starts up; which he said could also be treated.

Here in AB the cost came in at $840. with no down time!

Come to think of it now, I also had these treatments on my elbow in 06ish still holding up fine.

Ron:

My shoulder operation scheduled for last week was canceled because I came down with bronchitis. It has not been re-scheduled and if it is re-scheduled, it may be into March, according to one of the surgeons' secretaries. That is not going to work as far as I am concerned. The rehab for that may interfere with my camping and riding this coming summer. The surgeon said it may take 4 to 5 months for rehab. He is worried about handling a 800 lb. bike. He is a bike rider also (Harley) so he is familiar with picking up a fallen bike, etc.. So, I have a meeting set up for the end of the month to discuss options or putting off the surgery until next Fall. I will know more by the end of the month.

Jim

Ron:

My shoulder operation scheduled for last week was canceled because I came down with bronchitis. It has not been re-scheduled and if it is re-scheduled, it may be into March, according to one of the surgeons' secretaries. That is not going to work as far as I am concerned. The rehab for that may interfere with my camping and riding this coming summer. The surgeon said it may take 4 to 5 months for rehab. He is worried about handling a 800 lb. bike. He is a bike rider also (Harley) so he is familiar with picking up a fallen bike, etc.. So, I have a meeting set up for the end of the month to discuss options or putting off the surgery until next Fall. I will know more by the end of the month.

Jim

Like I said before no two are the same. Doc gave me 3 months for what I had done. I told him when we scheduled surgery for March 5th that I was riding to Don's in June and he gave me the ok. Your surgery sounds different than mine with 4-5 months. The one thing we did NOT discuss was picking up a down bike, I'm a glass half full guy. Putting mine off wasn't an option, I couldn't retire yet and couldn't work through the pain anymore.

Good luck with it.

Ron:

The Surgeon said he was erring on the side of safety plus they are separating both shoulder joints (on the right side) to remove arthritis. I also am taking Tylenol on almost a daily basis, especially on days that I do physical labor (yard work, etc.), plus I need to take them to sleep at night. I have a total tear and the arthritis just complicates the problem.

I understand your comment about the physical demands of your job because I was a volunteer firefighter for 30 years before retiring. I began in 1964 and retired in 1997. I still miss it.

Jim