IGNORED

Progressive Suspension Air Fork Balance Kit

Will this work with the front end lowered?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=58318&store=&catId=416&productId=p58318&leafCatId=41606

to check the air right now, I have to remove the handle bar. Does this take more room then the regular air valve at the top of the forks?

I have one on my 2006 Venture Midnight. Installed it last Spring.

You may have to take off one of the tubing nipples to attach it over the original threaded nipple. Make sure you allow yourself adequate tubing length between the two valves. Other than that 10 minutes work and done.

BTW Not realy sure wht you would have had to take the handle bars off to check air pressure. Seems like a lot of work!

Good luck on you project!

Steve

aka Bubber

I agree with Steve. I just attach my progressive suspension pump. Pump up to the desired psi and unhook.

I got a progressive suspension pump from Lateralvibe a while back. I have used it on teh rear shock. I am a bit hesitant to use it on the fronts, as I find that the air leaks in the rear, and apparently having different pressures in the front tubes, causes severe instability. Due to this, I am going to wait to get the fork connector setup, that way if it does leak, it will still be balanced. Does that make any sense?

Sunman: Yes it does make sense. FWIW I got the 0-15 syringe looking pump to use on the fronts. The 0-60 is perfect for the rear but pretty inaccurate for the fronts.

Also, be careful about installation. If they're not on right they can cause an imbalance anyway.

Maritimer: Pictures being worth a thousand words, that's about half an inch between the fancy cap and the handlebar on a stock height front end.

Will this work with the front end lowered?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=58318&store=&catId=416&productId=p58318&leafCatId=41606

to check the air right now, I have to remove the handle bar. Does this take more room then the regular air valve at the top of the forks?

NO!! It will not work with the front end lowered.

I realized that my front end was lowered after looking at photos of Don's air fork balance kit set up. I have a hard enough time getting the caps off and getting the pump hooked up with the forks up more than stock. The balancing kit will DEFINITELY NOT fit on the valves on mine in the lowered position. Don't know if mine is lowered as low as some either. Sound like you've got your's lowered even farther than mine if you have to take the bars off just to adjust the pressure in the forks.

I got a progressive suspension pump from Lateralvibe a while back. I have used it on teh rear shock. I am a bit hesitant to use it on the fronts, as I find that the air leaks in the rear, and apparently having different pressures in the front tubes, causes severe instability. Due to this, I am going to wait to get the fork connector setup, that way if it does leak, it will still be balanced. Does that make any sense?

The little hiss that is heard when releasing the Progressive suspension unit from the fork/shock is not air loss from the fork/shock, but air release from the pump its self. The pump instructions explains this. And yes the air balance system should solve any doubt about air pressure balance between the fork tubes.

Thanks for the input from everyone and for the pictures bummer.

My front is lowered by 1 1/8" and I have the 1 1/2" risers. There is a bit of clearance but not much. Looks like my best bet will simply be a good pump and hope for the best.

Just for confirmation sake, what is the absolute minimum room I in order to install this balance kit?

Cheers

• 6 years later...

Someone here and I had a discussion back and forth about removing the schrader valves, installing some AN fittings and stainless hose to connect and then a fitting for 1 schrader valve which would be all you need. Also someone said they located a kit close to what the balance kit was and it was made for air shocks on a car.

Someone here and I had a discussion back and forth about removing the schrader valves, installing some AN fittings and stainless hose to connect and then a fitting for 1 schrader valve which would be all you need. Also someone said they located a kit close to what the balance kit was and it was made for air shocks on a car.

How about an air shock balancing set up on a Harley. HARLEY SHOCKS

OR

ANOTHER SET

Edited by Condor