IGNORED

Neutral Switch

The issue I s that my bike won't start unless the clutch is pulled in.  It should start in neutral without pulling the clutch  in.  The problem is, I can't find the connector for the neutral switch so that I can jumper it out to check.  Where do the wires go from the neutral switch?  I thought that they would likely be in the lower left cowling where the sidestand connector is but I can't find therm there. Any help would be appreciated.

The neutral switch is where the gear shift indicator was in the 1st Gen. Just behind the clutch slave. It's the weird looking plastic plate with an orange O ring. At least that was the color on my 1st Gen. Regardless. 

I'm not at my scoot, Don, but if memory serves... You need to take off the rear cover ( final drive cover?) on lower left side. You need to replace the gasket and remember the bottom screw (?) has a tiny gasket on it. Behind the cover is the clutch slave and to the rear of that, deeper inside the engine is the weird looking plate. 3 screws hold it in. Almost triangular in shape.

Anyway, the shop manual says that's the switch. You can trace the wires up and maybe find a connector to test for continuity between the two contacts. 

Hope this helps...

Edited by videoarizona
Sp

Oh...I think I have pictures of that area. Look for my post in the 1st Gen area...I was looking for an oil leak. This picture is the 1st Gen switch. It has all the connections for the 5 gears plus neutral. The 2nd Gen unit looks like this with only 2 wires. Neutral.

switch.jpg

Edited by videoarizona

Thanks I had found those pictures also in a search.  Don't know if the second gen is in the same location but I'll check.  What I am, really looking for is where the other end of the wires are that come off the neutral switch.