IGNORED

Ride Report

Woody

We never made it to Lake Cumberland, we went to Cumberland Falls and ended up staying at the lodge there and riding some cool mountain roads. Rode the Yamaha thru a little place called Yamacraw and up n over the mountain. As usual I didn’t think to take pics but here’s one where I was waiting for the barrel that I shoved the wife in to surface. Never found it. Heading home tomorrow since storms are moving in. 88850801-5ADA-42ED-9EB9-730D8842BAF6.thumb.jpeg.7a9723b20d34588b77b240f1cfd712f4.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took about a 80 mile ride today just letting the traffic dictate which direction I went, took the path of less traffic. we seen a group of about 20 bikes headed in the opposite direction thinking back I should have turned around and joined in we passed the same group twice. The Michelin Road Classic tire mounted in reverse is going to be good I think I have enough miles on it now to be satisfied 

Wednesday Picked up replacement seat to replace my ripped pillow top on my 2012 Venture on Wednesday (from @ReinyRooster) and with ride there then to visit @Marcarl after having coffee with @XV1100SE & @ReinyRooster I put over 200klm on my "first ride this season" . Friday after figuring out how Utopia backrest mounted I met up again With @XV1100SE for coffee after he was done work.  Today did about 100klm to get the feel of the new to me seat and adjust backrest which fits me great and is a lot more comfortable   glad I bought it with the replacement seat  as mine was half the size and very uncomfortable but was better than nothing!  Looking forward to many more Klm's and get-together with my fellow Ontario Canada riders and hopefully some American riders(depends on Phantom Rider) to come!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20230504_133730.thumb.jpg.63c22ecbc0ae0dff2e034d110306c4d2.jpg

My brother and I took a ride from Cantonment Fla, to Greenville Alabama to the Conecuh Sausage plant and had Lunch the have a restaurant there. We rode all back roads and run a good 200 miles, was just the three of us 

I usually notice when my wife and I are riding on my '88 we get around 32 to 34 MPG. I am usually driving at the speed of around 65-75 MPH and I haven't ever gotten really good fuel economy, not at least as much as others have gotten. I'm no lightweight and both my wife and I have put some weight on over the years. We are both north of 200 lbs, me more than her. 

I really got some bad mileage for awhile a couple of years ago. I replaced the diaphragms on my carbs, which restored a ton of low end power but would cut out around 5K RPMs and fuel economy dropped to around 25-28 MPG. Finally figured out the rubber plugs at the bottom of the jet block on my carbs had dried up and was feeding way too much fuel into the main jet. Just my experience but could definitely be something else. It would be good to eliminate all other possible issues before dissecting carbs.

• Like 1

8 May 2023 We rode from Cantonment Florida to the Flora-Bama Bar it's amazing to look at this place with high rises on both sides, we ate lunch and waited for the storms to pass. We rode just over 200 miles all together watching the radar and letting the weather direct our path we got sprinkled on twice but never did really get wet, We stopped at Culvers restaurant for ice cream and could see it storming just up the road but the bikes sitting in the parking lot didn't even get wet. Once we finished and the storm had moved on we were on the road again turned out to be a great ride. 

50 minutes ago, Woody said:

8 May 2023 We rode from Cantonment Florida to the Flora-Bama Bar it's amazing to look at this place with high rises on both sides, we ate lunch and waited for the storms to pass. We rode just over 200 miles all together watching the radar and letting the weather direct our path we got sprinkled on twice but never did really get wet, We stopped at Culvers restaurant for ice cream and could see it storming just up the road but the bikes sitting in the parking lot didn't even get wet. Once we finished and the storm had moved on we were on the road again turned out to be a great ride. 

What did you think of the "one dry side" of the bar. This place is sort of a bucket list just to see how they handle that. 

On 4/29/2023 at 2:04 PM, RSTDGUY said:

Road from Santa Fe to Flagstaff AZ yesterday and then to Havasu City this morning on my ‘05 RSTD. Only getting around 30 mpg. Do the carbs need a sync or new jets or both?  Please share your thoughts. Thanks

The rest of the ride up through Zion, Bryce Canyon Ut and the Million Dollar Hwy in CO then home to South Dakota gave me much better milage but a lot of that was under 70 and sometimes much less.  Overall the trip was around 2700 miles and I calculated an overall mpg of 36.7.  This was my 190lbs and about 100lbs of gear.

All went well other than my heal toe shifter's bolt falling out just as I rolled into Havasu City with 2 lanes of traffic behind me and stuck in high gear.  Managed to get across the intersection and hold the shifter in place till I found a hardware store for a new bolt and LockTite.  Also losing air in my rear shock.  Had to put air in every morning.  Filled to 37psi in the morning and by the next day was in the teens.  How hard are these shocks to rebuild?

23 hours ago, bpate4home said:

What did you think of the "one dry side" of the bar. This place is sort of a bucket list just to see how they handle that. 

Not sure about the one dry side, this place gave me flash backs to the 70's 😎. gift shop up front,  bar in the back and the hamburger was good but since it was the middle of the day they were busy getting ready for later.

We walked out to the bikes and was getting ready to leave when a few rain drops fell on us, decided to go back inside and see what the rain was gonna do and about the time we got in the door the bottom fell out it rained so hard we could not even see the road from the front door after about five minutes it stopped like someone shut the valve off. 

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, RSTDGUY said:

The rest of the ride up through Zion, Bryce Canyon Ut and the Million Dollar Hwy in CO then home to South Dakota gave me much better milage but a lot of that was under 70 and sometimes much less.  Overall the trip was around 2700 miles and I calculated an overall mpg of 36.7.  This was my 190lbs and about 100lbs of gear.

All went well other than my heal toe shifter's bolt falling out just as I rolled into Havasu City with 2 lanes of traffic behind me and stuck in high gear.  Managed to get across the intersection and hold the shifter in place till I found a hardware store for a new bolt and LockTite.  Also losing air in my rear shock.  Had to put air in every morning.  Filled to 37psi in the morning and by the next day was in the teens.  How hard are these shocks to rebuild?

For future reference; The dummy bolt on the center cover is the same bolt as the shifter bolt. It does nothing but fill a hole on the center cover.

• Thanks 1

Just did a 300klm(round trip) ride today to pick up a rear tire on rim and a rear fender with turn signals from a guy that had a Hannigan trike conversion done to his 2006 and wanted to get these out of his garage. Great day for a ride!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

Just did a 300klm(round trip) ride today to pick up a rear tire on rim and a rear fender with turn signals from a guy that had a Hannigan trike conversion done to his 2006 and wanted to get these out of his garage. Great day for a ride!

What was you riding

Got in a nice  4 + hour ride on Saturday. Followed a route I've done a few times from the house and ended up riding in areas just looking for land. Would love to find something away from any city but land is getting stupid expensive. One property I looked at was nearly 55K an acre for 15 acres or close to 1.4 million. That's stupid for property with a double wide. I need to be within a couple of hours of a major airport for work and have solid internet access to work remote. Personally, I need to keep the wife happy first. She's from Long Island originally and likes the city but I need to get out of the city, reduce taxes, eliminate the stupid association garbage and get back on well water to eliminate those stupid increases.