IGNORED

Tail of the Dragon neat video

Venturous Randy

I know there are many on here that are familiar with Highway 129 that goes from Tennessee into North Carolina that is known as the Tail of the Dragon that has 318 curves in 11 miles. It is a neat road that has no driveways or intersections, but it has a low speed limit and can be heavily patrolled by law enforcement.
There have been many videos from the Dragon that have been made, but this is one of the first I have seen where the section has been blocked off and professionally filmed.
I enjoyed it and hope you do too.
Randy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wBSKl7rZw
  • Like 2

Good video.  Good driver.  I've ridden it on the bike several times.  Any rider should do it at least once.  Fun ride.  Too many people right above their ability though.  I admit that I probably did also at least once.,  Every time I've ridden it, I've seen at least one accident. 

• Like 1

Been there and done that. Looking forward to doing it again this year on a different ride. I need a new pic for my wall. And I never go fast, it’s against the law. And I never go faster than my angels can fly… 

• Like 1

Great video, but wrongly titled. He was on 129 which is TAIL of the Dragon. The DRAGON is another on my bucket list which runs from Kentucky all the way up to New England area. Would take a normal rider about 3-4 days to ride.

IMHO Tail of the Dragon is all hype and overrated. The Rattler is 290 curves in 24 miles. Has much better scenery if you dare look, but the road is far more technically challenging. Outside cambered corners, decreasing radius corners. Sharp and banked chicanes as well as a quick drop into a hairpin corner on a blind rock wall.  As the ride/route coordinator for an annual rally in Maggie Valley, it the first ride of the event that I schedule.. We use it to assess riders capabilities and then know where to put them in the group on the remaining rides.

B3509259-CE66-46EB-AB19-465B6EFD92F0.jpeg

Edited by ChiefGunner
Spelling & photo
  • Like 2