IGNORED

Tire suggestions for a 2013 RSV?

gorski

Hey All,  Most tires seem to be back ordered or no longer made in our sizes, I am not a fan of the Shinko line and am looking for suggestions and if anyone has seen availability anywhere for Dunlop E3 or E4 or other comparable brands   150/80-160 front and 150/90-15 rear    thanks

Dennis Kirk has the Pirelli RT 66 tires for a low end  tire. That’s what was on mine when I purchased it and they were fine but did have a tendency to follow tar snakes. I replaced them with the Metzler 888’s which I really like but others on this forum do not. 

8 hours ago, PastorCurt said:

Dennis Kirk has the Pirelli RT 66 tires for a low end  tire. That’s what was on mine when I purchased it and they were fine but did have a tendency to follow tar snakes. I replaced them with the Metzler 888’s which I really like but others on this forum do not. 

I have used Metzler on my last 2 Ventures and will put one on the front of my trike this year.  I really like the milage and control I get from them. 

Steve

• Like 1

Had good luck with Shinkos. On my RSV the 2 best tires were Michelin for long milage and Shinko for good price vs wear and service. The Michelin would go about 12-15k and the Shinko about 4-6k

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the Shinkos installed, really like the feel and stability, much better at highway speeds gong back to the original 150 front instead of the 130   Hope they last a while   Thanks for all the input

• 3 weeks later...

You will like the Shinko brand.  I've already put in about 15K miles on the rear and looks like it will have another 2K.  My front Shinko is much newer than my rear and it will last much longer.  I have no complaints with the tire.  I give this tire two thumbs up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N3FOL said:

You will like the Shinko brand.  I've already put in about 15K miles on the rear and looks like it will have another 2K.  My front Shinko is much newer than my rear and it will last much longer.  I have no complaints with the tire.  I give this tire two thumbs up.

I’ve never gotten that kind of mileage on a rear, my last two MC rears added together made 14k. A Shinko and a Michelin. That’s when I went darkside. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RDawson said:

I’ve never gotten that kind of mileage on a rear, my last two MC rears added together made 14k. A Shinko and a Michelin. That’s when I went darkside. 

I've been pretty easy on my throttle and tend to ride a lot more on highways.  If I ride my '07 a lot more this Spring and Summer months, I will have to get a new rear tire by the end of 2023.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2023 at 6:58 PM, RDawson said:

The pic shows my current tread on my rear tire on the ‘07.   If I put it another 2K miles, I’ll be happy.  I will have to replace my rear tire this year for sure.   

DF6A114A-687A-4A22-9C5D-AFA058C9A7A8.jpeg

I agree.  Everything else will have to come in this order:  Replace plugs, replace coolant, synch carbs, replace final drive oil.  Unfortunately I will have to remove my rear tire the last.  I just need one nice weekend when I am not called in to work.  Normal maintenance for the most part and I am looking forward to doing them.