IGNORED

Need help and not sure where to post this.

Lonestar9225

I have a 2018 Yamaha Eluder.  Took me a year to get used to all the electronics but now I love it.  Issue is my wife finally told me the other day she is not comfortable on it and won't ride with me, she did on our Kawasaki, because there are no armrests.  She just does not feel secure.  We could not afford a Yamaha Venture so got what we could and as I said I love the Eluder.  I have to do something though to make her feel comfortable.  I have a friend who can fabricate metal mounts but need to know where to start.  I respect my wife finally telling me why she won't ride it with me and am determined to find a solution.  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Hey Bret,

I admire your courage to share this issue with us! Here is what I did to install arm rests on my Venture to make MY wife more comfortable. I went to Home Depot and purchased several pieces of GRAY Electrical PVC Pipe and fittings in 1/2". The 90 degree sweep "Elbows" worked really well and gave the supports for the armrests a nice look. I then built the armrests with the PVC and found a place to connect them to the mount for the seat. The PVC was easy to work with, and if I made a mistake, I cut the bad part out and replaced it with more PVC that worked better, or looked better. When I had what I was looking for, I took the "Mocked Up" PVC armrests to a local Fab Shop and had them made out of metal pipe and plate. Chrome Plating was out of my price range, but a nice powder coating from a local shop made the armrests look like they came with the bike.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to tackle this job, Bret. Also welcome to the forum. I hope this gets your wife riding with you again, it worked for me!

Earl

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:28 AM, Lonestar9225 said:

I did find these and asked them if they worked on an Eluder since it shows them on a Venture.  They assured me they fit on an Eluder as well but when I asked if there was a picture showing how they basically to trust them.  Rivco® YSV094 - Black Passenger Armrests - MOTORCYCLEiD.com

Considering they mount to the trunk, No I do not trust them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My take on alot of the chrome add ons I have had in the last 5yr or so is it does not last. I have some foot pegs from Kuryakan and about 2 years in chrome was popping all over. My Victory has arm rests and the chrome in spots has small rust. A luggage rack I bought (knock off HD) about a year in at welds was rusting. On the luggage rack over a year ago I wire brushed it, a little scotch brite work and I forgot what I used to treat rust. Something easy like a baking soda mix. Then Krylon rust prevent primer, and black krylon rust prevent paint then clear poly and looks like it did day I painted it over a year later. So my take is powder coat will serve you better than chrome. You may be best to fabricate something up to make you happy.