IGNORED

Carb interchangeability between RSV vs RSTD

Here goes...the mystery of Yamaha's carburetors........

2007 RSTD XVZ1300CT

Looking to repair/rebuild from the body/core up, the carburetor(s)  of my RSTD. A victim of crappy CA gas and failure to drain in timely manner.

Amazing how much crap gummed up everything. The gas here is the precursor for ingredient for superglue......Yes, I have learned my lesson the hardest way imaginable

First, the throttle rod and both end seals are considered "NON SERVICABLE" cannot find ANY info anywhere, not even 3rd market support. Not even in the explodable parts diagrams (Revzilla, Partzilla, Chaparral etc.).

Anything outside of "rebuild" kits, translates buy new carbs (est. at $1700 via dealer).

Discovered this when 5 out of eight butterfly screws rounded out. Used JIS bits, ground off staked end of screws, and all of precautions etc.

Enough of the woes....

What years interchangeable (if at all) are the carbs between RSV vs. RSTD. What are the differences  (besides CA EPA), or, what does it take to make one work for the other? 

Then the BIG question is.....are those parts available for first shop repairs?

I thank y'all in advance for your replies..............

I think the early RSTDs had smaller carbs with less hp than the later models.  I think the 2007 is the later model and I think that it's the same engine that is in the RSVs.  But, I DON"T really know.  Just remembering some things I've read over the years.