IGNORED

So,, being new to the forum, again,, are we still allowed to talk about guns?

cowpuc

Figured I'd stir the pot a little right off the bat,,, @Freebird shaking his head,, ohhh brother he says,, here we go... I had to sell off my shooters a while back BUT got some kinda fun stuff happening again. A cute little 10/22 found its way into our home/my heart and been playing with it a little. Can I show it off without ending up in the penalty box lol.. If no, thats ok, might take a little time to figure things out again! 

I've actually never owned a 10/22! I've wanted one of the take down models since they came out, just never pulled the trigger 😉.

Closest thing we've got to the 10/22 is Kris' Daisy bolt gun that uses a similar magazine.

Here's Daisy and her little family of 22lr siblings.22lrguns1.jpeg.2bcffda18826c34c7e3699b9a10ff0ae.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

I've actually never owned a 10/22! I've wanted one of the take down models since they came out, just never pulled the trigger 😉.

Closest thing we've got to the 10/22 is Kris' Daisy bolt gun that uses a similar magazine.

Here's Daisy and her little family of 22lr siblings.

NICE @luvmy40!! REAL NICE!!  Sooo,,, here is where I ended up at. I ended up with a take down as you mentioned. Its the stainless model. So far, goofing off and having fun modding it I have stuck a folding stock on it. I had to cut the forearm to make it "take down" adaptable and I had to fit the take down slide into it. I also stuck a Binary trigger in it like I had in the 2 AR's I had (man those things were soo fun) which came out perfect. I picked up a used full trigger group for it that I dropped the Binary in so I could swap back n forth with very little hassle and kept the original TG intact. These little 10/22's are amazingly simple and functional!  I  grabbed a 110 round German made drum feed for it and WOW does it function awesomely. With the Binary it'll empty the Drum very nicely! I discovered that mine does not like "hot lips" (plastic lips) 30 round mags, I bought out several left overs from a closing gun shop, brand new and ALL of them have feed jam issues. I did grab a couple "steel lip" models of the same company and those function perfectly, even on "full auto" (dreaming still ok, lol). A rapid fire crank thing came with the Drum for it and somewhere in the future I hope to see if I can get it to function. its suppose to give 4 bangs per rotation (sort of like a gattling gun) and I am VERY curious to see if the gattling arm can over whelm the binary, could get interesting as I go for 8 rounds per crank!! My daughter and son in law came from California last Christmas, NONE of this stuff is legal there except for the 10/22 in stock, 10 round form. Even though I was still really not well I caved and went with my son in law to let him play with my weapon of fun. WOW was it cool watching him do mag dumps with this thing lol! We found out that 22lr ammo can heat up stainless barrels almost as quickly as my AR15 could LOL.DSCN9233.JPG.17f8192c5665431825432fcc4bb8961f.JPGDSCN9235.JPG.a017182544b718eca70381ce503d0c93.JPGDSCN9236.JPG.4182b42c010aef685942e79d2b16734f.JPGDSCN9237.JPG.6b177b3ce8105a24b549816c4564369e.JPGDSCN9238.JPG.26f6de804a4c3bc7a93542d29c3b3837.JPGDSCN9239.JPG.f790c03b4ed1cc56fa33b821af72ad58.JPGDSCN9244.JPG.71ad7284fecdaf2a3c4d5e433862dfdb.JPG

My little 10/22 has been labeled a troublemaker. (Or was it the owner???)

Was with my uncle while he was sighting in his new Browning in 7mm Rem Mag. when we were out to 300 yards I kept putting holes in his target with the little 10/22. He was getting POed cuz I was getting more hits than he was...lol. You could hear the bullets hit the target, I could get off 6 shots before the sound of bullets hitting the target made it back to us. I only had to hold about 30 feet over the target to hit it at 300.....lol, there was so little energy left in the bullets that they were not making it thru a paper target an a single sheet of cardboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2