IGNORED

R&R spark plugs 2nd gen 2009 RSV

dalesocha

Ive had my 2009 RSV for almost 5 years and have not replaced the spark plugs yet. We have not ridden her in about a year. But its time to do some needed maintenance

on our baby "RED".

I have looked on you tube for videos nothing there?

The rear cylinders are no problem, it just takes time. The front plugs look like major surgery, what can you explain or make a video to help me and others out there.

I appreciate your help.

I plan on making a video and posting on youtube

Thanks

DaleSocha

Guest divey
Ive had my 2009 RSV for almost 5 years and have not replaced the spark plugs yet. We have not ridden her in about a year. But its time to do some needed maintenance

on our baby "RED".

The rear cylinders are no problem, it just takes time. The front plugs look like major surgery, what can you explain or make a video to help me and others out there.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

DaleSocha

Some say that you can change the front plugs without removing the tank. I suppose it’s possible but removing the tank and then the two dog bones (supports) makes getting to the two front plugs a piece of cake. You’ll need a thin wall spark plug socket but hopefully you have the original that came with the tool kit.

on our baby "RED".

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

DaleSocha

Got it done with the help of Technical library here on venture rider.

Thanks for the person who actually took the time to do it.

Actually simply remove the dogbones on either side and use the toolkit (hopefully you have one). The tools make it easier to get the plugs out.

You can also use a small hose, putting the plug on the end, to put the plugs back in. I used the tool kit and found it to be simple.

Just remember to blow high pressure air around and down into the plug area BEFORE you take the plugs out. Will keep any nasties that have been living down in there from going into the motor.