IGNORED

Prayers Needed for Freebird

Yama Mama

To night I received a message from Eileen, telling me that Don (Freebird) has double pneumonia. Eileen says he is very sick.

So if everyone here could please say some healing prayers for Don, I think it would be wonderful.

Eileen asks that people do not call their home. Don is resting and on medications right now.

Please pray for Don and when I find out more information I will share it here.

Yama Mama

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Peggy for posting it and thank you all for the prayers. I'll be OK. I haven't felt good for almost a week. Eileen has pushed me to go to the doctor but you all know how stubborn I can be. I've been extremely busy the past few weeks and just didn't feel that I was sick enough or had time to take off. I installed a stairlift on Monday, went home and went to bed. Installed on on Tuesday, went home and went to bed. Had a couple of service calls on Wednesday and another install on Thursday. I got in the habit of dragging myself out of bed, getting things loaded up and getting to the install sites and getting them done. Then boing. back home and sleeping until starting over the next day. If I pushed myself and stayed busy, I actually felt better. Had a couple of sales calls on Friday and then Eileen finally put her foot down and demanded that I go to he doctor on Friday evening. He said that I likely had an upper respiratory infection and gave me an antibiotic.

Saturday, I got worse. I finally woke up around 3:30 in the afternoon and Eileen had my clothes ready and told me that we were going to the emergency room. She said that she felt like she was watching me die. So I, reluctantly, headed to the emergency room. Of course one of the standard questions you are asked around here is "Do you feel safe at home". I told him yes, I felt I could take her but wasn't so sure today.

Anyway, They did some blood tests and a chest X-ray and it was determined that I have double pneumonia. Thery put me on two different antibiotics and did a breathing treatment. Suggested I stay in the hospital but then made the mistake of saying that I could go home if I agree to follow instructions. Of course I went home.

Just so you know, they also tested me for the cornovirus so I am self quarantined for the next 24 hours or until I get the results back which should be sooner than that. They said that my chance of testing positive is only about 15% but I needed to be tested. So there is that.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. Have to get better soon because I have another stairlift to install on Tuesday morning. I'm betting I'll. be ready. :).

Thank you Peggy for posting it and thank you all for the prayers. I'll be OK. I haven't felt good for almost a week. Eileen has pushed me to go to the doctor but you all know how stubborn I can be. I've been extremely busy the past few weeks and just didn't feel that I was sick enough or had time to take off. I installed a stairlift on Monday, went home and went to bed. Installed on on Tuesday, went home and went to bed. Had a couple of service calls on Wednesday and another install on Thursday. I got in the habit of dragging myself out of bed, getting things loaded up and getting to the install sites and getting them done. Then boing. back home and sleeping until starting over the next day. If I pushed myself and stayed busy, I actually felt better. Had a couple of sales calls on Friday and then Eileen finally put her foot down and demanded that I go to he doctor on Friday evening. He said that I likely had an upper respiratory infection and gave me an antibiotic.

Saturday, I got worse. I finally woke up around 3:30 in the afternoon and Eileen had my clothes ready and told me that we were going to the emergency room. She said that she felt like she was watching me die. So I, reluctantly, headed to the emergency room. Of course one of the standard questions you are asked around here is "Do you feel safe at home". I told him yes, I felt I could take her but wasn't so sure today.

Anyway, They did some blood tests and a chest X-ray and it was determined that I have double pneumonia. Thery put me on two different antibiotics and did a breathing treatment. Suggested I stay in the hospital but then made the mistake of saying that I could go home if I agree to follow instructions. Of course I went home.

Just so you know, they also tested me for the cornovirus so I am self quarantined for the next 24 hours or until I get the results back which should be sooner than that. They said that my chance of testing positive is only about 15% but I needed to be tested. So there is that.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. Have to get better soon because I have another stairlift to install on Tuesday morning. I'm betting I'll. be ready. :).[/quoteGood to hear from you Don. Rest up and get well. You know we all care a great deal about you and Eileen. Our prayers will continue and please do what the doctors and Eileen tell you to do! Yama Mama:223::223::223::223::223::223::223::223:

Prayers up. Take a break, a long break, for many reasons! That pneumonia crap can hang around a long time. Get well soon, don't push it, it comes right back. Brother in Law been messing with pneumonia for 4-6 weeks, but he's not the sharpest tool, and is stubborn to sit tight.

Prayers on the way for you Don, and yes,, I agree with the others this time around, stay put so that your nurse can look after you.

At least this time Carl you can't delete HIS nurse like you done mine!!!!!!

you know in case Dad is missing our spats;;;)

For once Don listen to the doc and Eilene. I get it on the work part, dr that operated on me when I cut off the finger tip told me that self employed people are the fastest healers. We’re not!!!! We’re just harder headed and want the work done, the stairlift will still be waiting on you for a few days.