IGNORED

Clicking noise

Here's one for you guys. Just started today, rolled the bike out of the shop, all good. Rode about 10 miles stopped for a pic, noticed a clicking noise which sounds like coming from the rear wheel. First thought is a u joint in the drive shaft. When riding I cant hear anything. Jacked the back tire up and spin the wheel, no noise. Roll the bike on the ground. Click click click, forwards and backwards?????????

Here's one for you guys. Just started today, rolled the bike out of the shop, all good. Rode about 10 miles stopped for a pic, noticed a clicking noise which sounds like coming from the rear wheel. First thought is a u joint in the drive shaft. When riding I cant hear anything. Jacked the back tire up and spin the wheel, no noise. Roll the bike on the ground. Click click click, forwards and backwards?????????

Yep, it’s the drive pins on the drive shaft side of the rear wheel, where they slide into the rubber dampers. They need grease.

Check out these links to the tech section on this forum, should tell you what you need to go to fix the clicking noise.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?13263-Rear-Hub-Lubrication

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?1705-Rear-End-Noise-Yamaha-TSB