IGNORED

My brother and his bout with Cancer. Please be thinking/praying for him/us.

cowpuc

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No change as of 4pm today. Doug remains in comatose state but the Dr. that checked his heart signs a while ago said his heart remains beating strong. Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Puc n Tip

It has been an extremely difficult week and I am not sure how I would have made it thru this without all your continued and gracious support, THANK YOU my/our VR Family!!

My little brother Doug went to his new home in Glory today at 3:15pm. Tip and I were by his side earlier in the day and I can tell you that no one fought this aweful disease harder than he did. His fight is over now and the pain and suffering is gone. Our family is meeting again soon to confirm Funeral plans but as it stands right now the Service is going to be held at Ada Bible Church in Ada Michigan. I will post a link to my little brothers obituary as soon as it becomes available. While all/any of you are welcome to attend, my main purpose in posting the info is to ask again for your thoughts and prayers for those attending, our family included. Doug knew a LOT of people and my prayer for his burial service is that those in attendance would know that Doug is now resting fully at peace and that all would clearly see why that is. I want to thank each of you, even those who are not VR members and are following this from cyber sidelines and thinking of/praying for him/us, for your support and would like to ask for that to continue throughout the Funeral Services..

THANK YOU

Puc n Tip

Awwww Pucster; we are so saddened for you and your beloved Brother, BUT glad to read his Suffering is finally over.

You committed everything possible for him, and we know he (AND his Family) appreciated all that you've done. Take solace in that, dear Friend. We'll be thinking of you often in the tough days ahead, but relieved to see Closure is in sight.

Rest EASY, Bud. You did well.

Gentle hugs, WRIDR

News I have been both dreading to hear and yet in a way glad to hear, Scott! I know it is sad to loose a brother and I also know you will miss him a lot! I am glad, though, because not only is his suffering finally over, but I rejoice that Heaven has a new citizen! I also feel that you and him will be reunited again in the future just as all of us who accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior will eventually be reunited in the Kingdom of God!

So, for now my sincere condolences to you, Tippy, and all of your family and I trust that God will comfort all of you in these sad times.

So sorry for your loss my friend. We can reach the point of accepting that such things are coming but that doesn't make it any easier. We can be thankful that the suffering is over but that doesn't' fill the hole that is left in our hearts. You and your family remain in our prayers.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. The Holy Spirit is comforting and there for you and your family, coupled with family here. I have only known you a short while but what a kind and generous heart you have, which is reflective of your bond with family and your brother. Angels are rejoicing as another soul punched their ticket into Heaven, your brother's. God bless.

Prayers Up!

Doug is at Peace.

I believe firmly that now is the time to celebrate his life!

God Bless his family....

And Puc.... Thank you so much for sharing this very personal time with us...your Venture family.

Our love and prayers....

Your welcome brother!! And THANK YOU for the thoughts and prayers Vaz!!

Been a longgg day of planning, working it thru with the our family but here is where it ended today concerning my little brothers funeral plans. The funeral and visitation (1 day/time only) will be at Ada Bible Church, 3869 Knapp St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Visitation, Wednesday the 8th from 1 till 3:30pm. Funeral, Thursdaythe 9th at 11am. If possible and you feel inclined to do so, any thoughts/prayers for us during those times would be greatly appreciated! It appears that my brothers Obituary will be available at Mlive.com starting tomorrow (Monday) night sometime. I will post a link up as soon as it becomes available.

THANKS AGAIN for all the support my VR Family!

Puc

JMT

I will not say that it is easy or fun to lay a person to rest, I have done that a number of times and have some experience, albeit not the experience that anyone else has for their loved ones, as every time and for everybody this is different, maybe VERY different.

One thing though, as we proceed though the mourning stage of life we tend to focus on the loss we have sustained, how a person has been taken away and will no longer be a part of our life, in a way it has little to do with feeling bad for the deceased, but more the feeling for oneself. That is natural, very natural, and is part of the mourning process, and to some extent at least, needs to be done.

The alternative to this, is to look at the person life and your own life and realize just how good it was to have this person be part of your journey on this earth. How did the life of this person bless you, guide you, make you happy, help look after you, teach you,,,,,,,,. What benefits did you and others receive because this person had been part of your life and most important, did this person help you find the ultimate destination of life?

Blessing Scott and Tip as you go through the next few days