IGNORED

My brother and his bout with Cancer. Please be thinking/praying for him/us.

cowpuc

After being given the 5 year prognosis and fighting hard for 8 years in his fight with Cancer, our family has been given notice that my little brother is in the 2 week window. Doug is a true blue fighter (always has been,, even as a kid 3 years younger than I he could hold his own against his bigger brother's :stickpoke:) and continues to fight with everything in him against this horrible stuff. He has chosen to pass at home in his bed, surrounded by family (has 4 girls and a wife, Mom, and 6 siblings there with him). Hospice is doing a good job of keeping him comfortable (nice way of saying keeping the Morphine flowing). While the fights not over till its over and our hopes/prayers are that God blesses Doug with total healing, God's perfect will doesnt always align with our wishes and God is the one who ultimately decides when to call His children home. Doug accepted God's free gift of eternal salvation found in Christ alone and has lived a fruitful life due to this and is fairly well at peace with facing death due to this. He and God are square but, of course - I don't wanna lose my only little brother but also know how this all works and am there for him either way (gonna be hard without him but I'll see him again soon when it's my time).

If you have a second and don't mind,, please send Doug/us warm thoughts and if your a brother/sister in Christ please lift Doug and our family up in prayer as we work thru these days..

Thanks

Puc n Tip

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done.

My thoughts and prayers are with your brother, and your family. Try to bear in mind that the true difficulty in this is bore by those who love him. He's about to be free....in a much better place....and yes, you will one day see him again.:2133:

. He and God are square but, of course - I don't wanna lose my only little brother but also know how this all works and am there for him either way (gonna be hard without him but I'll see him again soon when it's my time).

Thanks

Puc n Tip

Hey Puc I know this feeling of loss most of us do.

I was gifted with lots of sisters, got to say I was very close to them. Lost 2 to the big C.. I still laugh at some of those memories we lived thru as tho they were still a part of my life, perhaps because I choose to make them so. I take pleasure knowing they are out of pain and free to do all those little Angle things good spirits do!

You will too. Because your faith in God and Christ are true then trust that he is doing what is best for your brother; those good time memories are yours to keep. You just keep right on loving him, and his light will stay lit.

And by the way that highlight I know to be a solid chariot

Blessings Scott in this time of trouble. Life has it's ups and downs, and for you at this time would be considered a downer. I'm glad you have more than just us to lean on and guide you through this time. May the Peace that passes all understanding be yours as you discover more of His love.

Scott, the best prayer I came up with is that your brother hears the words "Well done, my loyal and faithful servant!"

No, it ,is never easy on the rest of us, so I sincerely hope his suffering is bearable and short lived, and of course prayers out to the family!

A HUGE thank you for ALL the thoughts and Prayers Up on my Brothers behalf!! He is resting peacefully this morning. We are on our way now to pick up my Grandson as my Daughter and Son-In-Law are closing on their new house today. We are going to have that 2 year rascal for the week while they move in. Just an FYI to all that if I seem a little out of breath and vacant for a tad around the club house that dealing with my brothers struggle and having my Grandson (God's way of maintaining some form of :big-grin-emoticon: around here?) too may be hard on this geezer..

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE PRAYERS UP!!

Group :bighug:

Puc

Just wanted to post a quick note that I sent to my brother as we are walking out the door here to pick up Birdie.. This is in response to some of the discussions that took place over my visit with Doug (my lil brother who you are all so faithfully praying for):

Little brother, remember yesterday when we were talking about that feeling of "wow,, the world didnt stop going on after we are shut in for periods and then go outside and see people going about their everyday business"? The thought occurred to me that I wonder if that feeling happens as a result of brushing with, having a momentary contact with the entrance of the Valley of Death. We know that, as people who have accepted Christ, when we die we are instantly part of the Great Cloud of Witness's and when we are fully functional here below we dont tend to think about how close we all are of taking the short trip thru that Valley - maybe when we brush past the entrance into that short but real Valley God is giving us a taste of reality of the fact that all things here below are gonna be ok and that He is going to continue taking care of our loved ones even when we are gone.. What do think? I love you Champ, always have! YOU are the best little brother a big brother can have!!