IGNORED

Spin on Oil Filter Adapter Plate Removal 86 VR

I have a small oil leak coming from the back of my spin on oil filter adapter. The adapter I have looks like a plate with eight holes in a circle and a coupler through it that then has a 30mm(ish) nut put on the coupler to secure the plate. The plate appears to be able to be taken off without removing the coupler from the bike but it's stuck on there. I tried a dead blow hammer and putting allen wrenches in two of the eight or so holes and spinning the whole thing with those and a long screwdriver but didn't have any luck. Is there a good way to remove these plates?

I have a small oil leak coming from the back of my spin on oil filter adapter. The adapter I have looks like a plate with eight holes in a circle and a coupler through it that then has a 30mm(ish) nut put on the coupler to secure the plate. The plate appears to be able to be taken off without removing the coupler from the bike but it's stuck on there. I tried a dead blow hammer and putting allen wrenches in two of the eight or so holes and spinning the whole thing with those and a long screwdriver but didn't have any luck. Is there a good way to remove these plates?[/quote

Here's the blurb from an ebay seller- fits vmax too,so there's reference. i bought his black one and it seeps a bit but it doesn't have a lot of running time yet

This oil filter adaptor plate replaces the existing can and filament oil filter. Adaptor is made from 6061 aluminum, (billet) and clear anodized to prevent the aluminum from oxidizing.

This filter system I have installed on my 92 Vmax and 3 Ventures over the past 24 years, putting on 140k miles on the Ventures and have not one problem. I found this system to be cheaper, cleaner, faster, and a better filtering because you have a choice using a finer filtering filter.

New O-ring included (not shown). Remove existing can filter then spin this plate in place of the original filter assembly. Tighten it by using a 3/8” bolt or rod in the spanner holes around the outside of the adaptor plate this will lock it in place. Spin on oil filter ( not included), Fram PH6017A, or 1996 or newer Vmax filter and you are all set.