IGNORED

Dear Bambi, You're going to die.

Air Ready Auto

Get her..........

I was just outside about 2 hours ago flying my little helicopter around the front yard when, out of nowhere,, that great big naughty tree in the middle of our front yard reached out and snatched up my little Helicopter.. There sat my precious little flyer, about 30 feet up, lights still on but not enough power on the rotors to free itself as I throttled up on the transmitter,,, lousy rotten tree = pick on someone your own size!!

Walked into my garage, grabbed a pellet gun and shot a good half dozen rounds at the skinny little branch that held my Copter hostage to no avail,, just not enough umphh.. I went back inside,,, grabbed my little 410 single shot, slipped a #6 shot in its little chamber and headed outside to rescue my chopper.. I looked up and down the neighborhood,, making sure that no one was watching,, I held the shooter along my leg in careful camo as I sought the perfect angle to insure that when the lead shot returned to earth after being launched it would not land on someone, or someones vehicle. After finding the perfect spot where the shot would land in the woods to the west of us , I located that skinny little branch and picked a 1/4 inch spot on the branch where a teeny little branch was sprouting from the larger branch that held my Helicopter.. Perfect!! The spot was about 14 inches from my chopper so I was pretty sure it would not be hit.. One more headcheck of the neighborhood and BANG!!! My little Helicopter hit the ground just about the time I nonchalantly stepped back into the garage,,,,, an unnoticed tree branch assassin with PERFECT stealth!!! Mission accomplished with only one tiny #6 shot hole thru a rotor!!!

Ready,, if your reading this little true story I want to add one thing,,, 3 inch slugs are still available for my little shooter and it is even more accurate with slugs than it is with bird shot and I do loan it out :big-grin-emoticon:

Also,, as you well know,, them Bambi's make EXCELLENT Tamale fixens, talk about win win!!:thumbsup:

Even a BB gun or pellet gun will get Bambi's attention and make your garden a not fun place to go for dinner, and they are quiet enough to not bother the neighbors. On the other hand, in WI it is always open season for deer with a truck. :whistling:

Hopefully this weekend I can get my garden in. It was only a few weeks ago that there was still SNOW on the ground.

Even a BB gun or pellet gun will get Bambi's attention and make your garden a not fun place to go for dinner, and they are quiet enough to not bother the neighbors. On the other hand, in WI it is always open season for deer with a truck. :whistling:

Hopefully this weekend I can get my garden in. It was only a few weeks ago that there was still SNOW on the ground.

Will you PLEASE stop using that confounded four letter word Fool,,,,,,,, this is a family site (MOTORCYCLE family) for cryin out loud... It's over,,, just let it go Fool,,, let it gooo

:225::draming::301:

ARA,

I have a good bit of deer fencing that I put up around our garden a few years ago. Ultimately figured it was less expensive and significantly less labor to go to the local farmer's market so the garden is no longer tilled.

If you would like this fencing, you are welcome to it.

RR

ARA,

I have a good bit of deer fencing that I put up around our garden a few years ago. Ultimately figured it was less expensive and significantly less labor to go to the local farmer's market so the garden is no longer tilled.

If you would like this fencing, you are welcome to it.

RR

I might take you up on that. I can't do the farmers market thing because I'm trying to beat out @Flyinfool for the most impressive tomato garden.

Personally I would still go with the original thoughts... Of course,, I also actually like Venison more than I do tomatoes too so theres that plus I like getting a drop on those wiley white tail too so thats that too... Matter of fact,,, after reading this,, I may try to grow a couple mater plants to lure me in one of those Bambi's,,,:big-grin-emoticon:

Wish I was closer Ready,, I'd buzz over and help ya put up the fence brother!!!:thumbsup:

My garden used to be 80 ft. by 60 ft., over the last 5 years the deer would destroy it...went from a 4 ft. fence to a 8 ft. fence ......used metal stakes pounded into the ground, then PVC pipe over them to make a frame...covered it with nylon mesh and no more destructive deer problems...My garden is now 30 x 35....we still have up to 11 deer visit EVERY DAY but they cant get into the garden anymore....works great

ALL of the deer near me have made a trip thru the freezer........

Now I am just fighting with Bugs Bunny and Rocky the Squirrel.

Bugs attacks at night so he is hard to spot, but Rocky attacks in daylight, He has a date with a small pellet and a puff of air.........Followed by a trip to the freezer.

No deer around me in NC since the coyotes moved back in. :crying: Not to worry cause they will move on less one of their kind. I drilled it right in the ear with a 22 mag. at 105 yards. Waiting for more target practice. :dancefool::clap2::thumbsup2:

:farmer:

Hey Sly,, you ever do any night hunting for Coyote?? I used to shoot a bull barreled 22-250 Remington 700 and did a TON of varminting - a REAL riot!! I bumped into a couple other varminting varmints who were telling me about night hunting coyote.. Apparently you squeek em in with a wounded rabbit squeeker and they actually come in hunting YOU!! Michigan allows the varminter to use night vision scopes for this form of varmint control (at least they used to,, not sure if that has changed since 9-11) and the guys I was talking to out in the field said doing it was UNBELIEVABLE and a major riot...

Never got that deep into it all with all the reloading and range shooting (dynamite shoots) but WOW did that sound like fun..

You ever done it?

Hey Sly,, you ever do any night hunting for Coyote?? I used to shoot a bull barreled 22-250 Remington 700 and did a TON of varminting - a REAL riot!! I bumped into a couple other varminting varmints who were telling me about night hunting coyote.. Apparently you squeek em in with a wounded rabbit squeeker and they actually come in hunting YOU!! Michigan allows the varminter to use night vision scopes for this form of varmint control (at least they used to,, not sure if that has changed since 9-11) and the guys I was talking to out in the field said doing it was UNBELIEVABLE and a major riot...

Never got that deep into it all with all the reloading and range shooting (dynamite shoots) but WOW did that sound like fun..

You ever done it?

Not night hunting, Puc, but lots of snow mobile hunting in eastern Colorado and western Nebraska using pistols. Most fun I had was sniping them with a 30:06 120 grain accelerators. See you next week my friend.

:farmer:

​My brother in Southern Florida has a problem with Iguanas eating his plants, and the neighbors, and everyone else's.

They're like rats down there, although a lot bigger. He has a bada$$ pellet rifle with a scope that does the trick.

:shock3:

I was just outside about 2 hours ago flying my little helicopter around the front yard when, out of nowhere,, that great big naughty tree in the middle of our front yard reached out and snatched up my little Helicopter.. There sat my precious little flyer, about 30 feet up, lights still on but not enough power on the rotors to free itself as I throttled up on the transmitter,,, lousy rotten tree = pick on someone your own size!!

Walked into my garage, grabbed a pellet gun and shot a good half dozen rounds at the skinny little branch that held my Copter hostage to no avail,, just not enough umphh.. I went back inside,,, grabbed my little 410 single shot, slipped a #6 shot in its little chamber and headed outside to rescue my chopper.. I looked up and down the neighborhood,, making sure that no one was watching,, I held the shooter along my leg in careful camo as I sought the perfect angle to insure that when the lead shot returned to earth after being launched it would not land on someone, or someones vehicle. After finding the perfect spot where the shot would land in the woods to the west of us , I located that skinny little branch and picked a 1/4 inch spot on the branch where a teeny little branch was sprouting from the larger branch that held my Helicopter.. Perfect!! The spot was about 14 inches from my chopper so I was pretty sure it would not be hit.. One more headcheck of the neighborhood and BANG!!! My little Helicopter hit the ground just about the time I nonchalantly stepped back into the garage,,,,, an unnoticed tree branch assassin with PERFECT stealth!!! Mission accomplished with only one tiny #6 shot hole thru a rotor!!!

Ready,, if your reading this little true story I want to add one thing,,, 3 inch slugs are still available for my little shooter and it is even more accurate with slugs than it is with bird shot and I do loan it out :big-grin-emoticon:

Also,, as you well know,, them Bambi's make EXCELLENT Tamale fixens, talk about win win!!:thumbsup:

Yea but now you have poisoned the woods with lead shot and some unsuspecting little bird will swallow one thinking it is a seed and die of lead poisoning. And then the animal rights Nazis will get wind of it and have you arrested for animal cruelty and environmental pollution. Then they will have you on the news where your neighbors will see you and remember the gun shot that woke them up from their nap the other day and harbor resentment toward you. Until they report you to the home owners association that will probably send you a nasty letter threatening fines and zoning violations.

But at least you got your helicopter back.:thumbsup:

Just saying:whistling:

Edited by Dragonslayer

Personally I would still go with the original thoughts... Of course,, I also actually like Venison more than I do tomatoes too so theres that plus I like getting a drop on those wiley white tail too so thats that too... Matter of fact,,, after reading this,, I may try to grow a couple mater plants to lure me in one of those Bambi's,,,:big-grin-emoticon:

Wish I was closer Ready,, I'd buzz over and help ya put up the fence brother!!!:thumbsup:

Sure is hard keeping the deer out of the squirrel corn.:whistling:

IMG_20180525_001254.jpg

Edited by Dragonslayer

Sitting on the porch just now having my coffee, two large bucks in full velvet and a large doe just walked through the yard twenty yards away. They didn't seem to mind me and made no move to eat the flowers or the shrubberies. So, I just let them walk.

There will be another day.

Sitting on the porch just now having my coffee, two large bucks in full velvet and a large doe just walked through the yard twenty yards away. They didn't seem to mind me and made no move to eat the flowers or the shrubberies. So, I just let them walk.

There will be another day.

I sit outside with my coffee this time of year, there was a doe and three very young uns stacked together like they were packaged for shipping. They are great to look at, and they were in this valley before I was but I'm still driving my Audi with deer damage. May the OP find her and wear her skin like a prize! If she is found quickly she might even still taste a little like tomatoes. Dern hooved rats!

Talked to my neighbor this afternoon. She'd gone to the store and bought a "beautiful hydrangea" in a pot. When she got home she took the pot out of the car and went into the house for 1/2 hour to cool off before planting. When she came back out the plant had been eaten.

The best part: While she was telling me this there was a deer standing by her car waiting to see if any more goodies came out.

Mrs. just looked out the window. The deer are on my neighbor's front walk cleaning out the flower bed.

Talked to my neighbor this afternoon. She'd gone to the store and bought a "beautiful hydrangea" in a pot. When she got home she took the pot out of the car and went into tnhe house for 1/2 hour to cool off before planting. When she came back out the plant had been eaten.

The best part: While she was telling me this there was a deer standing by her car waiting to see if any more goodies came out.

Mrs. just looked out the window. The deer are on my neighbor's front walk cleaning out the flower bed.

:scratchchin:,,,, Hydrangea eay,,,, was just telling Tippy we needed to find something to plant around our grill outback:happy34: