IGNORED

They knew he lived or he died by the code,,,,,,,,,

cowpuc

To cold to ride and with all this chatter about guns, one of my Harley riding buddies and I are gonna go shootin today.. Got shootin irons on my mind and Tip laughed when I woke up singing the following tune.. She is always amazed at how I remember the tunes to those old westerns we all loved so much,,,,,, I told her thats cause she growed up playin with dollies and didnt grow up liven by the code :big-grin-emoticon:

To cold to ride and with all this chatter about guns, one of my Harley riding buddies and I are gonna go shootin today.. Got shootin irons on my mind and Tip laughed when I woke up singing the following tune.. She is always amazed at how I remember the tunes to those old westerns we all loved so much,,,,,, I told her thats cause she growed up playin with dollies and didnt grow up liven by the code :big-grin-emoticon:

When I was growing up I lived on a farm.... We got like 5 channels at most, My step dad would watch the loan ranger. I was too busy outside chasing animals and sometimes a mini bike... don't remember how that happened other then the fact it had to be push started.... then there was my go cart had the choke on and throttle was up that was kind of interesting. Needless to say I sometimes get made fun of because I haven't heard of or seen shows. I don't care I love the outdoors and rather be out there then watch TV. Now I will say my 2 favorite shows growing up was the Jetson's and the Flintstones... I loved Dino tossing Fred out the door... At your age tho you have a gift to remember show tunes I kind of remember the Jetson's song...

To this day I still like Westerns most of all. 'The Outlaw Josey Wales', and 'Quigley Down Under' are two of my favorites, but even the old ones from the 40's and 50's grab me. I also like SciFi's... Not the horror kind, but futuristic space type videos. Toss in a period sailing flick.. i.e. 'Master Commander', and I'm a happy camper..... Action Adventure. Everything else puts me to sleep... Zzzzzzz......

:draming:

I watched very few westerns when I was a kid. The only ones I watched on a regular basis were:

Rifleman

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Johnny Ringo

Branded

Wanted Dead or Alive

Palladin, Have Gun Will Travel

Big Valley

Bonanza

Wild Wild West

and the others that I am forgetting. :whistling:

I watched very few westerns when I was a kid. The only ones I watched on a regular basis were:

Rifleman

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Johnny Ringo

Branded

Wanted Dead or Alive

Palladin, Have Gun Will Travel

Big Valley

Bonanza

Wild Wild West

and the others that I am forgetting. :whistling:

...The Guns of Will Sonnet

I just watched a western movie on showtime this morning named "Texas Rangers". Not bad. I enjoyed it.

I also love the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales" as well as a couple other Clint Eastwood westerns like "High Plains Drifter" and the series "Lonesome Dove" is super good. The book, "Gone to Texas" was what Josie Wales was based on and the book is at least as good as the movie. Lonesome Dove is 6 hours long and my kids typically don't like westerns but they sat through the whole thing with me hating to even get up and go the bathroom.

To this day I still like Westerns most of all. 'The Outlaw Josey Wales', and 'Quigley Down Under' are two of my favorites, but even the old ones from the 40's and 50's grab me. I also like SciFi's... Not the horror kind, but futuristic space type videos. Toss in a period sailing flick.. i.e. 'Master Commander', and I'm a happy camper..... Action Adventure. Everything else puts me to sleep... Zzzzzzz......

:draming:

'The Outlaw Josey Wales', and 'Quigley Down Under', two of my favorites as well. If I'm channel surfing and I land on either of those I'll stop and watch.

Growing up in the UK :uk2: we got very few westerns, so Like Freebird I watched, very few too! :whistling: :doh:

But they included....

The Lone Ranger

Roy Rogers & Hopalong Cassidy

Wagon Train

Wells Fargo (with Dale Robertson)

Bonanza

The Cisco Kid

Daniel Boone

Bronco

Davy Crockett

Last of the Mohicans

Maverick (Brett & Bart)

Gunsmoke (Chester & Mr Diiilllon!)

Rawhide

The Rifleman

Have Gun Will Travel

Where have all those good programs gone?

Was just telling my wife about this thread & my list above she just chimed in... as well as some of the above, she also watched:

Cheyenne (Clint Walker) that's one I'd forgotten

Bat Masterson (not heard of that one!)

She also worked (in costumes) on Hawkeye the First Frontier (1994) she made a lot of the native jewelry for the show.

Films? I loved most of the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Eli Wallach & Lee Van Cleefe were incredible!

There are just so many good westerns out there, maybe there should be a "TV channel" that shows nothing other than westerns.

What great memories.

Edited by Kretz

Ok I give up I liked the one with the talking horse...

MR Ed... I always hoped Prince would answer me back but he never did he just ate his Carrots...

I forgot about Bananza... I did watch that one too and there is a couple I watched during the winter,

Now can someone here tell me if they remember the wizzard he had Ford Bronco 2 and all kinds of gadgets to get out of a pinch...

Then there was Airwolfe... O we talking westerns lol

Edited by snyper316
Can't Forget about Knight Rider...

Anybody remember the mini-series "How the West Was Won" starring James Arness, Eva Marie Saint, Fionnula Flanagan, Bruce Boxleitner, and Richard Kiley? It was fantastic. I watched it as a re-run in 94 or 95. Then in the last couple of years, it came out for sale finally and I bought the whole series for me and my wife to watch. My Russian wife loves western movies.

Don't forget the physco dad theme song