IGNORED

Witch oil to put in Royal Star Tour Deluxe 2009

Hi there,

I am new in this forum because I just bought a Royal Star Tour Deluxe 2009.

I want to make a tune up on my bike and I want to know witch oil I should put in my RSTD.

Also, is anyone should told me where I could get tue service manual for this bike.

Thank you all.

I am gonna sit back and watch this question be answered. might be kind of fun. Some in here put the Diesel Oil in there bikes tho,

You, personaly, what king of oil do you use?

Is it good to use synthetic oil in that bike?

Thanks

Edited by joebine

You, personaly, what king of oil do you use?

Is it good to use synthetic oil in that bike?

Thanks

Well i bought the Shell Rotella T5 oil which is synthetic blend but is not JASO Ma certified, but some just get the t4 I believe and the t6 and blend it which both are Jaso MA certified I believe I am saying that correctly, You just dont want Friction inhibitars in the oil? Don't quote me on all this I just know these wet clutches need certain oils and others is just a big no no. The last time I bought oil I was forced to get Motorcycle Quick Silver brand.... I at the time was unaware of using Diesel oil in our bikes. But is alot cheaper option i believe I paid 25 for a gallon of *motorcycle Oil*

I use Rotella T6 5W-40 (Yes! it's a diesel oil!) & Motul 7100 10W-40

BOTH are full synthetic & BOTH are certified to meet or better JASO (Japanese Auto Standards Org) MA & MA2 which is specified for Japanese Bikes.

I've had no problems (nor have thousands of other users) using the Rotella & it's almost 1/2 the price of the other one.

Never use an energy conserving oil in a m/c with a wet clutch (too many anti-friction additives)

Shell Rotella T6 is full syn oil and can be bought from Wally World for about $21 a gallon. Oil filters are getting kind of prickly. Purolator changed their design up a year or so back. The Mobil1 I think it M101 is a good filter as is the wix which is a bit less. There is a thread here about the purolator filter no longer fitting. It will explain what to look for.

Shell Rotella T6 is full syn oil and can be bought from Wally World for about $21 a gallon. .

:canada:Cad$47 for 5L (1.32 US Gal) last time I looked. So slightly more than in the US. BTW I've been told that once you use a synthetic don't go back to a dino oil. Not sure why exactly but thought I'd mention it.

Service Manual look here:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/yamaha-royal-star-manual

or Amazon, there are a number of "on-line" .pdf manuals available too... google Service Manual for Royal Star Tour Deluxe & search through

Edited by Kretz

[quote=BTW I've been told that once you use a synthetic don't go back to a dino oil. Not sure why exactly but thought I'd mention it.

Lots of old mechanics tales about "synthetic" oil vs dino. You can mix and match whatever meets the spec and be okay. Switch back and forth if you want and it's okay.

:canada:Cad$47 for 5L (1.32 US Gal) last time I looked. So slightly more than in the US. BTW I've been told that once you use a synthetic don't go back to a dino oil. Not sure why exactly but thought I'd mention it.

I just got 20 L of T4 for Cad$67 at Canadian Tire. Pretty good price, usually $80.

Had to come back and clarify as you were probably referring to T6.

Edited by camos

I just got 20 L of T4 for Cad$67 at Canadian Tire. Pretty good price, usually $80.

Had to come back and clarify as you were probably referring to T6.

Yes I was talking T6 (sometimes on sale for c$40 (ish) also sometimes comes with a manufacturer mail in rebate.

I've also seen T4 pretty cheap in large drums but can't remember what viscosity it was. (Nice that you got a deal!)

I wouldn't use any of that, "Witch Oil stuff," could be full of hants and grilimins. Use Rotella 15-40 works good in Yamahas.:witch_brew:
Yes it does which opens the question as to why would anyone pay extra for an oil that has no pay back on the investment.

For what it's worth, there is a member of the Kawasaki forum who rides a Yamaha FJR1300 bought new and the last I heard it had over 90k miles on it. Anyway, he's anal about maintenance and gets the oil lab tested to make sure how long it can be used. He said the Rotella oil didn't last very long in his bike. He uses Valvoline synthetic.

There are also hundreds (if not thousands) of guys on the same Kawasaki Forum that use Rotella, I have not heard of one failure due to oil.

Both Valvoline Motorcycle Synthetic & Rotella T6 are certified to meet &/or exceed JASO MA1 & MA2, the specifications stated by the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization.

It's simple... You pays your money & takes your choice! If the oil meets the manufacturer approved specs you're good to go.

Most of us have subjective opinions about everything including oil. The only reason I posted about the FJR1300 owner is that he gets his oil lab tested and his opinion is not subjective, but based on the lab report. Like I said, for what it's worth.