IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Yesterday, I finally got the chance to replace plugs, final oil drive and coolant.   They were all past due for service.   Almost 8 years on the coolant, over 10K miles on the plugs.   It was so refreshing today weather wise as well as working on my ‘07.   Rear tires has been ordered.   Took only 3 pics, because I was so into it.   🙏

5335DA2F-F6B3-4DDD-9B93-E2C8441210A6.jpeg

0656D677-601C-42C3-8776-835C175428AE.jpeg

BB29FB28-E9AD-4C5D-90F9-A23FE553578C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tina has been asking about highway pegs for her, since nobody is making aftermarket parts for the Star Venture. I decided to make my own design. She wanted her feet to be out more than forward so this is what I came up with. The floorboards still fold up out of the way when I'm riding solo.

20230627_144127.jpg

20230627_143517.jpg

20230627_143509.jpg

20230627_143459.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

Finally finished the repairs and repaint to the left side and rolled it out of the garage for a trial run around the neighborhood. Tomorrow I hope to get the insurance back on bike.

20230703_113734.jpg

Looks clean and SHINY!! Nice goin'

Hey @Marcarl  FYI!   It's hard work handing out repair orders. 1- you have to pick up the phone and page a tech to the office, 2- you have to lift a piece of paper known as a repair order off the desk and hand it to him, sometimes even explain it to him. ( if your lucky you get time to catch your breath between 1 & 2 ). 3 you got to tilt the chair back so you can rest up for for the next time you have to execute 1&2. Sometimes it gets really rough you have to answer the phone to answer silly customer questions like (when do think my truck will be ready)  :puzzled:

Edited by saddlebum

22 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Hey @Marcarl  FYI!   It's hard work handing out repair orders. 1- you have to pick up the phone and page a tech to the office, 2- you have to lift a piece of paper known as a repair order off the desk and hand it to him, sometimes even explain it to him. ( if your lucky you get time to catch your breath between 1 & 2 ). 3 you got to tilt the chair back so you can rest up for for the next time you have to execute 1&2. Sometimes it gets really rough you have to answer the phone to answer silly customer questions like (when do think my truck will be ready)  :puzzled:

You didn't say anything about lifting a cup, or going to fill it, or going to the throne,,, or actually getting there in the first place.. You have it soft, I tell ya.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:24 AM, Marcarl said:

You didn't say anything about lifting a cup, or going to fill it, or going to the throne,,, or actually getting there in the first place.. You have it soft, I tell ya.

That's because I am far too busy monitoring the air conditioning unit in my office to get involved with those other issues but they are on my list of things to get around to when time allows.

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

That's because I am far too busy monitoring the air conditioning unit in my office to get involved with those other issues but they are on my list of things to get around to when time allows.

Got a call from your boss. He was wondering if I knew anything about what you do all day. I sent him your list and he was pleased that the AC was on the list and he is looking for a 'wireless' coffee refill cup for you.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:01 PM, Marcarl said:

Got a call from your boss. He was wondering if I knew anything about what you do all day. I sent him your list and he was pleased that the AC was on the list and he is looking for a 'wireless' coffee refill cup for you.

:thumbsup:

Took my '05 RSTD for a rip with Granddaughter.

Just replaced clutch with help from skydoc_17.

Really hooks up now. Way better giddy up and go from stop. No more slipping. 

This site has been great. Just became subscribed member.

Are there members from Manitoba here? How would I find out besides asking here?

Cheers

9 hours ago, MrLube said:

Cheers

Hopefully I got this right:

Go to the search on the top bar of your screen, drop down menu to members. Put nothing in the box. Goto search 'more search options' and enter only the province. Voila!

12 hours ago, MrLube said:

Cheers

Welcome to the greatest Venture site around. Go to the drop down menu and click community map, blow it up and zoom to your area to find members. 

Over the weekend I finally had some down-time to address my power draw and charging issues on my '99 RSV.

Ordered an ignition switch bypass relay off this forum.  Pull the tank to find the switch harness connector ground pin half melted.  Cut the end off and shrink-connector the relay harness into place.  Pull the ignition switch and open it up to polish the contacts.

I was getting barely 12v of charging at 2,500 rpm with the radio & spot lamps turned off.  Orders a Rick's High Output stator and some new gaskets back in May that have been sitting on the bike seat for 2 months now.  Pulled the left side appar to find 1/2 of the stator epoxy heat-hardened and flaking off. Buddy comes by to help me remove the harness bolts inside the side cover (15 min where I needed 4 hands) then drinks all my beer.... It starts to rain so he leaves his Harley Ultra and takes my car home.

Next morning I'm buttoning up the bikes and figure I'll check his bike over with my routine.  Front tire at 26psi and rear at 22psi.  This apple didn't fall far from his father's tree, who never did anything until his vehicles broke.  I send him a text giving him grief and he responds with the following pictures from is Road Star Warrior where the rear tire stem blew apart when he attempted to check that bike's tire pressure!

So my Venture is mostly back together, no power draw with the ignition off and 13.5v at 2,000 rpm with the radio on.  I'm still fighting to get the master cylinder primed after a rebuild, the piston face had a nasty groove that would bind on the brake lever pin.  As for my buddy, there's a set of D404s on order for the Harley ('10 & '13 date codes on his tire) and Shinko Verge for the Warrior.

710787711.jpg

710787729.jpg