IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

• 2 weeks later...

Went out for first ride this year and put in around 200klm. Rode to @ReinyRooster home and picked up a replacement for my ripped pillow top seat for my 2012 Royal Star. Also bought his Utopia back rest as it looks like it will support my back better than the small one I have! Both @ReinyRooster and @XV1100SE said they love them! Now just have to install them.

• 4 weeks later...

Between the rain and wanting to ride when it was nice out, I finally got a chance to get the bike cleaned up. I also decided to try my hand at hydro dipping my side covers instead of polishing them.

venture1 051123.jpg

venture2 051123.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today I removed the rear wheel and rear shock in preparation to Darkside and send the shock off to Dave for rebuild. I'm sick of the bounce!

Unfortunately, in the process I manage to destroy one of the muffler gaskets and bust the Schrader valve off the air line to the shock.

BustedSchrader.thumb.jpg.463620709a71cee02c63c8d944641bc8.jpgRearwheelandshockremoved.jpg.9a9705545836f6b5ec05f81f4f6923ce.jpg

I have a new battery and the Nexen rear tire on order for delivery by Friday. I'm not sure how big a deal the busted Schrader is...

Edited by luvmy40

I finally got the rear brake master cylinder rebuilt and working on the '86. Bled the rear caliper, at the steering head and left front caliper. She stops again! Then I posted her up for sale on FB Market Place.

Edited by luvmy40

Charged the battery, aired up the tires, (Back was down to 20)..Cleaned her up a bit and went for a 3 mile ride...then back in the shed / under the cover.   Still need to change the oil.    

Then washed 4 vehicles, waxed 3 of them, and was too wore out to do anything but get on the couch and log onto VR.

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to address the death wobble on my in-laws trike, we tightened up the steering bearings about a third of a turn since I didn't have the proper socket to use a torque wrench on I had to go by feel and it must have worked he come back with a smile on his face and said it did good. I understand from Hannigan that you can't use the fall away method because of the way their rake is designed but I did look at that while testing it and with the front wheel off the ground I could not feel any play or movement shaking it forward and backwards but we tried tightening it anyway and it worked. 

I have an 85 Honda Nighthawk 700S that's had that problem, so I tightened it up a bit, ...tried the "fallaway method".  Then tightened it a tad more.   Haven't ridden it since.   What happens if that last 1/4 turn was too much?   Still turns easily....

Just curious.   Easy thing to adjust.

3 hours ago, uncledj said:

I have an 85 Honda Nighthawk 700S that's had that problem, so I tightened it up a bit, ...tried the "fallaway method".  Then tightened it a tad more.   Haven't ridden it since.   What happens if that last 1/4 turn was too much?   Still turns easily....

It will try to find it's own way on the road, so do some test running first.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, uncledj said:

from what I can tell it does not take much to make a difference but I would put some miles on and see if it settles in before making anymore adjustments. 

• Like 1

Pulled my J&M headsets to install the Sena kits I got for Christmas.  Sena makes a helmet cradle that has an input port so you can use the Bluetooth AND still plug into the bike's systems for use in tandem.  So now the kid and I can talk with the bluetooth on the Ural and still use the CB to chat with the wife when using the Venture! 

Put the J&M sets on our marketplace cheap if anyone is interested.

On Wednesday, thanks to the help (he did most of it) from Carl (Marcarl) and Phil (Sleepy2) we replaced the clutch slave and shifter shaft oil seal.  Early Spring I was getting a drip of what seamed to be brake fluid under the bike.  The old clutch slave appeared to be dry when we pulled it out though.  The day we did the work, in the morning before I rode to Carl's I found the first drips of oil under the bike.  There was oil seeping out from the oil seal.

105,000 km on the 2009 RSV Venture

Big thank you to Carl and Phil for the help doing this !!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XV1100SE said:

On Wednesday, thanks to the help (he did most of it) from Carl (Marcarl) and Phil (Sleepy2) we replaced the clutch slave and shifter shaft oil seal.  Early Spring I was getting a drip of what seamed to be brake fluid under the bike.  The old clutch slave appeared to be dry when we pulled it out though.  The day we did the work, in the morning before I rode to Carl's I found the first drips of oil under the bike.  There was oil seeping out from the oil seal.

105,000 km on the 2009 RSV Venture

Big thank you to Carl and Phil for the help doing this !!!

I think we had a good time, appreciated by all.

• Like 1

Black Cherry went to the dark side today.

BlackCherryDarksided.thumb.jpg.e18f556ed07db5e6922fa87fd484d19d.jpg

A new Nexen tire mounted and installed today. Thanks Ronnie! (he talked me into it without knowing it). For anyone out there who is mounting their own, spend the money on the NoMar mount/dismount tool. It's worth every penny. This was by far the easiest time I've had changing a tire, ever.

I also installed a rebuilt rear shock. Thanks Fitz!

And new rear brake pads. Thanks Earl!

And a new AGM battery. Thanks Amazon!

And fresh oil and filter. Thanks AutoZone!

And, she got her annual bath and wax job. Thanks ME!

I was also going to replace the stock rear brake rotor as it has well over 100k miles and is fairly worn, though not rough. Unfortunately, there were two mounting screws that refused to break loose. I ended up stripping the socket with the impact driver trying get them out. So, the old rotor stays another season at least.

The dark side maiden voyage was a tremendous success. With new(ish) rear shock and the Nexen tire, she rides like a brand  new bike. The rear shock has been dry since I got her, so I had gotten used to the bounce. Not going to miss it!

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

Black Cherry went to the dark side today.

BlackCherryDarksided.thumb.jpg.e18f556ed07db5e6922fa87fd484d19d.jpg

A new Nexen tire mounted and installed today. Thanks Ronnie! (he talked me into it without knowing it). For anyone out there who is mounting their own, spend the money on the NoMar mount/dismount tool. It's worth every penny. This was by far the easiest time I've had changing a tire, ever.

I also installed a rebuilt rear shock. Thanks Fitz!

And new rear brake pads. Thanks Earl!

And a new AGM battery. Thanks Amazon!

And fresh oil and filter. Thanks AutoZone!

And, she got her annual bath and wax job. Thanks ME!

I was also going to replace the stock rear brake rotor as it has well over 100k miles and is fairly worn, though not rough. Unfortunately, there were two mounting screws that refused to break loose. I ended up stripping the socket with the impact driver trying get them out. So, the old rotor stays another season at least.

The dark side maiden voyage was a tremendous success. With new(ish) rear shock and the Nexen tire, she rides like a brand  new bike. The rear shock has been dry since I got her, so I had gotten used to the bounce. Not going to miss it!

Kris has approved this message.