IGNORED

2016 Yamaha Lineup?

BigLenny

Hey Kids,

When does Yamaha announce their 2016 lineup? I was thinking it was maybe September or something like that. I'm getting rather antsy about whether or not those spy pics we saw a few months back have any credence to them.

Lenny

You're right. I'm thinking in the next 2-3 weeks. Those spy pics did nothing for me. Not interested if Yammy's going to a twin. I've had my RSV for over 9 years now & just started looking for something else. Maybe Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT. Haven't ridden one yet, but sat on it at the dealer. Completely different riding posture. It's got an inline 4, 1043cc, 33" seat height, over 300# lighter. Supposedly, the motor is pretty good. I'm interested.

You're right. I'm thinking in the next 2-3 weeks. Those spy pics did nothing for me. Not interested if Yammy's going to a twin. I've had my RSV for over 9 years now & just started looking for something else. Maybe Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT. Haven't ridden one yet, but sat on it at the dealer. Completely different riding posture. It's got an inline 4, 1043cc, 33" seat height, over 300# lighter. Supposedly, the motor is pretty good. I'm interested.

Versys 1000 is awesome and very comfy. Especially for big guys like me!

Spent a fair amount inside the Yamaha shop at the Sturgis Rally - waiting to see if any VR members were gonna happen to show up.. Had a lengthy conversation with the Sales Manager there about what was coming.. Told him about our gang being anxious for Yam to intro their new 1700cc V-4 platform Touring bike - guy said he knew about VR and said to say hi..

Also said - bottom line - in his opinion - "dont hold your breath - instead look for the 1900 air cooled belt drive Strat Deluxe in more of a Touring mode if anything - market strength is in the air cooled belt drive V-Twin bikes".. :95:

I had a Raider, It was deceptively fast...and smooth.

Bill

Hey Bill, did you by any chance bag that Raider out and stick a Batwing on it? I have been a "Chopper" fan my whole life and, of course, that Raider caught my eye right away.. Was curious if you did anything with yours to make it 2 up touring user friendly? Any pics?

Another quick question now that I got your attention @jakester,, how did you like the gearing on yours? Was chatting with a Raider rider not to long ago and he mentioned that he really wished it had a higher top gear - or maybe even a 6 speed tranny? Are those geared lower than, say,, a Strat or a Roadliner? Wonder if a guy could go up a tooth on the front pulley?

Anyway,, do tell some experiences brother!! :thumbsup:

Some fella has a series on You Tube called Livin off the slab,he has a video on now called "Name this Bike" I think it was.But somebody got pic's of a test mule on the road.Some think it is a Victory,I think it is a Yamaha.Same rear passenger boards as a R.S. It may be the next Venture.Frame mounted fairing and larger trunk.The Fairing looks Kawasaki,trunk looks Harley.Appears to be V-Twin.Front crash bars look like mine,I don't think it is a Victory.I think Kawasaki or Yamaha.If it is Yamaha,I doubt it will be released this fall.Sorry I do not know how to post link.I stumbled on it looking for exhaust videos.

Hey Puc, I had found a bank repo Raider at a car lot in Oklahama not long after they came out. I flew in and rode it home. I did not modify/add accessories on that bike. I rode it about 6 months and turned it for a bit of profit. I am getting soft and missed my second gen dresser--windshield ,cruise, back rest, somewhere to put stuff. So to answer your question, no mods, passenger seat pad is a bit small imho for comfey/happy passenger.

Gearing was great, it would go 75 or 80 in 3rd gear and felt like 45. Plenty of power, I could downshift at 30 and break the back tire loose. Early advertisements showed the bike to break into the 10s on the 1/4 mile, and bragged that it was the fastest production v twin. I do not know if all that is true, but it was plenty quick.

Bill