IGNORED

200 mile road test of my pillowtop seat and the rebuilt fuel pump & I got a COOL PIC

pbjman

Mid 40's in southeastern MI today, so around noon I took off for a ride. I had been wanting to get some saddle time in on the new-to-me pillow top seats and put the rebuilt fuel pump through an extended test ride. Heck, those are just excuses.....I just wanted to ride. After the first 15 or 20 minutes, I pulled over in Marine City to check the fuel pump leaking gas and all was good. So, like a good VR always should, I snapped a pic of the bike. Notice the grey sky and the dampness of the concrete. The roads were a bit damp in places, dry in others.

IMG_2963.jpg

I continued on along M-29 through St. Clair and north toward Marysville. From there I went through places such as Smiths Creek, Wadhams, Goodells, and Memphis, as I made my way to Capac. I went up into town to see what was going on and turned back toward home, stopping for gas having gone 100.2 miles so far. Away from the towns, I had the roads mostly to myself. You know, time to stop in the middle of the road for a photo op.

IMG_2964.jpg

I backtracked only as far as Memphis and from there went toward Richmond so I could take a different way home. Cuz you aren't supposed to do much backtracking! From there I zig-zagged to and fro on two lane roads to extend the miles rather than head home on a direct path. I ended up on M-29 again, but almost 20 miles south of home base. I was riding along Lake St Clair, and the late afternoon sun had finally made a brief appearance, so I pulled over for another pic.

By the time I got to my street, I was at 196 miles, so of course I went up the road for 2 more miles and then came back and was at 200.3 when I parked in the garage. It was a good day!

I love this pic!

bike sunset.jpg

Sometimes backtracking is cool.

I have lead my STAR group to a favorite upstate SC restaurant (Sadie Mae's Café) that is a 200 mile round trip. For years, I've lead the same backwoods circle route. Last time, I reversed the route.

Maybe it's my age,, haha,,, but it seemed like a whole new road.

Mid 40's in southeastern MI today, so around noon I took off for a ride. I had been wanting to get some saddle time in on the new-to-me pillow top seats and put the rebuilt fuel pump through an extended test ride. Heck, those are just excuses.....I just wanted to ride. After the first 15 or 20 minutes, I pulled over in Marine City to check the fuel pump leaking gas and all was good. So, like a good VR always should, I snapped a pic of the bike. Notice the grey sky and the dampness of the concrete. The roads were a bit damp in places, dry in others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95859[/ATTACH]

I continued on along M-29 through St. Clair and north toward Marysville. From there I went through places such as Smiths Creek, Wadhams, Goodells, and Memphis, as I made my way to Capac. I went up into town to see what was going on and turned back toward home, stopping for gas having gone 100.2 miles so far. Away from the towns, I had the roads mostly to myself. You know, time to stop in the middle of the road for a photo op.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95860[/ATTACH]

I backtracked only as far as Memphis and from there went toward Richmond so I could take a different way home. Cuz you aren't supposed to do much backtracking! From there I zig-zagged to and fro on two lane roads to extend the miles rather than head home on a direct path. I ended up on M-29 again, but almost 20 miles south of home base. I was riding along Lake St Clair, and the late afternoon sun had finally made a brief appearance, so I pulled over for another pic.

By the time I got to my street, I was at 196 miles, so of course I went up the road for 2 more miles and then came back and was at 200.3 when I parked in the garage. It was a good day!

I love this pic!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95861[/ATTACH]

Great looking picture with a great looking bike. How do you like those pillowtops. Definitely on my bucket list

Great looking picture with a great looking bike. How do you like those pillowtops. Definitely on my bucket list

So far it's hard to fairly evaluate the feel of the pillow tops because I haven't ridden on them for a long day in summer temps. For a 4 hour ride on a cold day with oversized insulated jeans over my draggin jeans, the pillow top was fine. It might be a while before I get a chance for an all-day two up road test and can share a his-n-hers opinion.