IGNORED

Trunk question

Wrench

I got an extra trunk for my '99 from the p.o. and I've got a question. Has anyone though of, or attempted to put speakers in the lower sides of the trunk? I've been trying to come up with a way to get some bigger speakers with a little more umph without putting them in the saddlebag lids, I'm thinking just behind the armrests. Haven't done any exact measurements yet, but I think I might be able to get a 6 1/4" in there. My Chevy Equinox has 6 1/4's w/seperate tweeters and I think that setup would give me about what I'm looking for, no window breaking bass, but just a little more thump. I'd probably lose about 4" on each side inside the trunk, but better there than in the bags. Been spending too much time at night thumbing thru Baggers Magazine I guess.:confused24:

I've dug around thru old posts a little, but haven't found anything. No Squidley, I'm thinking in each side of the trunk, just behind the armrests that the stock rear speakers mount in, and below the trunk lid. I found some marine-grade speakers when I was looking at putting a fairing on the Roadstar. I'd cover the speakers inside the trunk to prevent any damage since I've now got a non-stop supply of 3/8" clear acrylic from the tanning beds I repair. I got this trunk for $00.00, he bought a new one, then had the cracked bottom in the old one repaired, so I'm not going to be out anything there. I may take it to my upholstery guy for some ideas too, he does a lot of custom boat interiors. Hey, it's just the rambling musings of a crazy 'ol biker.:rotf: