IGNORED

Has anyone moved their trunk on a 93 Royale?

DragonRider

The MK2 is not as easy as the MK1 due to the angled arms that mount to the rear frame. You can still come up with 4 metal bars to extend the bolt holes back. If you get fancy you can use long screws and locking nuts to act as studs and use another set of nuts to mount the trunk onto those "studs" whixch will move the trunk back as far as you dare move it...

Bob I still cant figure out how it mounts, I undid some nuts and bolts, but the box wass still stuck to the rack. Is there something I am missing?

B

The MK2 is not as easy as the MK1 due to the angled arms that mount to the rear frame. You can still come up with 4 metal bars to extend the bolt holes back. If you get fancy you can use long screws and locking nuts to act as studs and use another set of nuts to mount the trunk onto those "studs" whixch will move the trunk back as far as you dare move it...

There's four mount points on the truck carrier and the trunk has plates and four acorns for each mount point along with the appropriate rubber vibration gaskets to keep the plastic from stress cracking. Now you need to unhook the vanity lighting wires fron the vanity mirror assembly and route them out of the trunk. Don't forget the backrest and rest adjustment lever will follow the trunk off.

Then you unbolt the trunk carrier and find four pieces of flat iron to move the trunk carrier back your desired distance and remount the trunk... and yeah, there's about 2 1/2 inches of slack in the existing vanity lighting harness... not much but enough.

I would like to move the trunk back on my 93 Royale trike and its not clear to me how to remove the trunk. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a few hints on where to start.

Here's a cople of pics of another members method of moving the trunk on his 1stGen back a few inches. Maybe this will give you an idea of what needs to be done....