IGNORED

Yamaha Geography

Panjandrum

After my bike was hit by a blind truck driver, August 11 (See thread: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72484 ), I contacted my insurance company took the bike to the dealer for estimates on the damage. I immediately ordered a side stand, which arrived in a few days and was quickly replaced.

On September 18th, the parts were in, and I delivered the bike for the parts to be replaced (Front fender, front lower fork, wind deflectors, passing light bar). First thing on the 19th, I was informed that the label on the fork package indicated the correct part, but the contents were not as advertised. This was not discovered until AFTER the bike had been taken apart. A new fork would be ordered RUSH, but it would be coming from Japan. Should be in by Friday, 28th September. (10 days to ship by air across the Pacific?)

:fingers-crossed-emo

Friday, checked for the part... should be in later. "Please let me know either way!" Dealer didn't call, so I phoned on Saturday. "I don't think it came in" he says.:confused24: Why didn't he KNOW? He did call back, and said that Toronto told him it would be in on Tuesday.

Tuesday noon: The part is still not there. Toronto says it's in transit. Should be there tomorrow.

:225:

Got the call at lunch time that the bike was ready. Great... job done, and I am thrilled to have her back with a forecast of at least seven days perfect riding weather ahead. (Big advantage to being unemployed! ... the ONLY advantage).

:thumbsup:

My confusion: why would a rush item shipped from Japan to Vancouver (Port Moody) have to go through Toronto?

bang%20head.gif

Toronto is the center of the Universe..... EVERYTHING must go to Toronto. :Laugh:

My brothers' 2011 BMW gs1200a 12,ooo Kms on it, the rear shock leaked onto his garage floor. As he had crashed his other bike and was not able to walk muchless ride I took it to the dealer for him. 3 weeks ! They had to prove the shock defective ! The oil was on the floor, the bike had not been ridden in a month ! Order the shock from BMW Canada, sorry there is not one in Canada! Order from Germany ! No shock in Canada.... did I mention that!

They are too expensive we dont stock them they say.

:mo money: BMW :mo money: BMW :mo money:

Had a lower fork damaged on one of my bikes and they told me several days out of japan, i went on line with yamaha and found the entire fork was cheaper and on stock by the dozens in cuddahay wisconsin and had it next day, and Cheaper!!

Go figure??:detective:

Canadians only pay with quarters (kinda) and pennies (sorta). i know this...the party store keeps giving me that as change! no offense kind neighbors....

Soon We will no longer have pennies in Canada, so I guess we will hafta torment you with sumthin else....:)

Sooooo, are all these Canadian pennies I've saved over the years gonna be worth anything now????? I've always kinda banked on them being "retirement" money for me!! Maybe I could take them out to Fort Knox and trade them for a gold bar? :rotf:

Toronto only thinks it is the center of the universe. When I worked for Air Canada in Vancouver we were constantly getting goods from London England destined for Toronto.. I finally phoned London and had a hard time convincing them that Toronto is actually closer to London than it is to Vancouver.

Had a lower fork damaged on one of my bikes and they told me several days out of japan, i went on line with yamaha and found the entire fork was cheaper and on stock by the dozens in cuddahay wisconsin and had it next day, and Cheaper!!

Go figure??:detective:

The Cudahy WI Yamaha warehouse is no more.